Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Hits, Decade 1 album sales (week 1)

pklongbeach

The only reason hard copies are going (and will ultimately go out) is because labels will not have to "pay" to have them made anymore. Its money!
That said; Cd's are not going to disintegrate! ITs not like they are all going to selfdistruct at a given time. they will of course still be here in 20 years, good grief...... and so will Cd players.

Just remember what film makers thought the year 2010 was going to look like. It was supposed to look like a Si-fi movie! Technology moves fast, yes, but peoples attitudes out change move much much slower.........

jptexas

A lot of the people who are buying cars do not know what that is. Seems way too soon to be doing away with cd players in cars.

Most new cars have slots under the radio for the minidiscs, but they still have cd slots. I'm thinking they won't be there within the next 5-7 years. I mean 8 track players went out, then cassettes, now CD players are becoming extinct. I have a couple of DJ systems that use small iPads to store and play music. We used to use dual CD players, those days are long gone.

JB172

Most new cars have slots under the radio for the minidiscs, but they still have cd slots. I'm thinking they won't be there within the next 5-7 years. I mean 8 track players went out, then cassettes, now CD players are becoming extinct. I have a couple of DJ systems that use small iPads to store and play music. We used to use dual CD players, those days are long gone.

The poor CD is headed down the same road that 45's, vinyl, 8 tracks and cassettes went down as a source of listening to music.

You mentioning cars having cassette players reminded me of those little cassette carriers that would fit under the seat of your car.

Pi314CA

From HITS:

Chart Date: 02/10/2015
Last Updated: 02/09/2015 17:22:50

LW TW Artist / Album Label Sales Index
19 19 SAM HUNT MONTEVALLO MCA NASHVILLE 13,233
29 23 JASON ALDEAN OLD BOOTS, NEW DIRT BROKEN BOW 8,392
31 29 CARRIE UNDERWOOD GREATEST HITS: DECADE #1 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 7,080
40 31 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE ANYTHING GOES REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 6,569
-- 33 ERIC CHURCH THE OUTSIDERS EMI NASHVILLE 5,997
45 37 GARTH BROOKS MAN AGAINST MACHINE PEARL/RCA NASHVILLE 5,440
32 48 BLAKE SHELTON BRINGING BACK THE SUNSHINE WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 4,065
-- 50 LUKE BRYAN CRASH MY PARTY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 3,978

PNGcarriefan95

Finally back in Australia, and I just bought my copy of CUX1!! Was so worth it! That LN worktape is hilarious! Carrie and Hillary Lindsey are so funny together, I'm really glad they've been friends ever since Carrie first heard JTTW. Also, listening to the SS worktape makes me love the song even more. Carrie and Hillary's harmonies are beautiful, those two just get each other. New bucketlist item; for Carrie and Hillary to write a song together and record it together.

The copy I bought was the last CUX1 in Carrie's section. There were BA, SH and CR albums there, but weirdly no PO copies. I was theorizing that since PO has been certified Gold here, Sony is focusing on selling Carrie's other albums and getting them certified. Whatever reason it may be, girl is definitely capable of selling albums here!

Pi314CA

From HITS:

Carrie's GH album comes in at #31 (#3 country) with sales of 8,551 (-11%)

Carrie's GH album comes in at #31 (#3 country) with sales and streaming of 13,469 (-11%)

Last edited:

bluetb4

LTG has crossed over the 600,000 views mark on Vevo. Gosh, I wish it would get some kind of publicity to get people
viewing it on Vevo. I have it streaming around the clock on the "listen on repeat" site and play it as much as I can the
"normal" way. Wish we could check it in the morning and see about 10 million views on there!!

Pi314CA

From HITS:

Chart Date: 02/17/2015
Last Updated: 02/16/2015 20:48:18

26 13 JASON ALDEAN OLD BOOTS, NEW DIRT BROKEN BOW 9,030
31 19 CARRIE UNDERWOOD GREATEST HITS: DECADE #1 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 6,842
43 22 GARTH BROOKS MAN AGAINST MACHINE PEARL/RCA NASHVILLE 6,400
-- 23 LUKE BRYAN CRASH MY PARTY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 6,064
20 25 SAM HUNT MONTEVALLO MCA NASHVILLE 5,294
36 26 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE ANYTHING GOES REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 4,678
-- 29 MIRANDA LAMBERT PLATINUM RCA NASHVILLE 4,349
41 38 ERIC CHURCH THE OUTSIDERS EMI NASHVILLE 3,822
-- 43 BLAKE SHELTON BRINGING BACK THE SUNSHINE WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 2,914

Pi314CA

From HITS:

Chart Date: 02/15/2015

-- 23 BLACKBERRY SMOKE HOLDING ALL THE ROSES ROUNDER 18,277 --
20 24 SAM HUNT MONTEVALLO MCA NASHVILLE 16,860 16%
26 28 JASON ALDEAN OLD BOOTS, NEW DIRT BROKEN BOW 14,330 43%
31 32 CARRIE UNDERWOOD GREATEST HITS: DECADE #1 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 10,629 24%
-- 34 MIRANDA LAMBERT PLATINUM RCA NASHVILLE 10,432 --
36 36 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE ANYTHING GOES REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 10,276 33%
-- 38 LUKE BRYAN CRASH MY PARTY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 10,027 74%
43 44 GARTH BROOKS MAN AGAINST MACHINE PEARL/RCA NASHVILLE 8,122 26%
41 47 ERIC CHURCH THE OUTSIDERS EMI NASHVILLE 7,817 13%

teesharky

Wow! Carrie went up 24%? Was that a Grammy bump? And somehow she beat Miranda despite Miranda winning the Grammy and performing? Wow. haha

Carrie didn't even attend the Grammys so that bump is pretty incredible.

Zman312

Wow! Carrie went up 24%? Was that a Grammy bump? And somehow she beat Miranda despite Miranda winning the Grammy and performing? Wow. haha

Carrie didn't even attend the Grammys so that bump is pretty incredible.

Let's wait until the final numbers to gloat Tee...lol, I remember last week I was gloating bc LTG was projected to outsell LRW; however, when they final numbers came out LRW outsold LTG by a small amount.

Pi314CA

I posted this in the SITW/LTG chart thread:

Sales are in:

GH1 album at #6 country sold 10,300 bringing total to 281,400.
SITW at #15 country sold 17k bringing total to 860k.
LTG at #33 country sold 8k bringing total to 51k.

teesharky

It should be past 280k by now. Closer to 300k.

if it sells 5k a week for the next 20 weeks it will be at 400k scanned. So platinum after 30-35 more weeks looks good.