Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Hits, Decade 1 album sales (week 1)

opry051008

But Platinum is only 500k, and that means she only has to ship 400K to be certified Platinum. That is not out of the realm of possibility.

She already shipped over 300K since she scanned almost 300K already.

That's because her album was new. As stock of the album goes down in the stores, they will not restock the same amount that they initially ordered when she's only selling 10K per week.

JB172

That's because her album was new. As stock of the album goes down in the stores, they will not restock the same amount that they initially ordered when she's only selling 10K per week.

Exactly with box stores going to less and less CD shelf space they aren't going to stock up on many older albums even if they aren't that old.

Six to seven years ago places like Best Buy had quite a bit of CD shelf space and now it's about half or even less then half of what it was then

JB172

Remember when HMV actually started as a record store? Now they have a couple of racks of CD's and that's it.

I remember when where there was actual record stores and they would have lots of people in them buying CD's, I actually remember them selling cassettes to be totally honest. lol

PNGcarriefan95

I'm 19 years old, but I seriously love buying the physical albums of my favourite artists. There's just something about having that CD or vinyl in your hands, it's exhilarating. Combing through the shelves at my local JB Hi-Fi's CD and vinyl section, buying some albums then rushing home so I can rip the plastic covering off and play those suckers for the first time. I get that online purchasing is way easier but I just can't really embrace it.

Anyways, back on topic, it might take a bit longer but Carrie's GH will definitely be certified Platinum eventually. Once LTG peaks at radio I think total sales will be around the 350k + side. With the new full length album coming out, there should be steady sales, albeit at a lower number, but still enough to drive to 500k scanned, eventually sold and certified Platinum.

txacar

I remember when where there was actual record stores and they would have lots of people in them buying CD's, I actually remember them selling cassettes to be totally honest. lol
I bought a new car about 8 months ago and the sales person told me it would be their last model that would have a cd player. Sad!! I love my CDs.

bluetb4

Yea, why put in a CD player when you can insert a mini disc with a 32 or 64 gigabyte storage space that'll hold 30 or 40 complete albums and still have room in them. It's the future.

Too complicated for me!! Think I'm going to revolt!!

Pi314CA

I bought a new car about 8 months ago and the sales person told me it would be their last model that would have a cd player. Sad!! I love my CDs.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a car this year. This gives me an excuse, I mean ammunition, when trying to convince the mrs.

JB172

Yea, why put in a CD player when you can insert a mini disc with a 32 or 64 gigabyte storage space that'll hold 30 or 40 complete albums and still have room in them. It's the future.

My girls are 19, 13 & 10 and their kids will have no idea what a CD was unless their parents or grandparents tell them about them.

ethelu

A lot of the people who are buying cars do not know what that is. Seems way too soon to be doing away with cd players in cars.

carriethequeen

I'm a young person labeled as someone who will only buy their music digitally, but it's not true! I've bought albums on iTunes before if they have like their $6.99 sales but I like to buy REAL CDs. Anytime a favorite artist of mine releases an album such as Carrie or Lady Antebellum I go to Target that day and get the CD!

Kizmet311

Wow, I can't believe they are making cars without CD players! Although I do rarely use mine. I use the Bluetooth function and stream music from my phone to my car. The only problem I have is with Carrie's music on iTunes - sometimes when you buy the singles individually, then buy the album, the singles are not part of the "album" in iTunes. I know that I can edit the names and sync the new album name and track numbers to my phone, but to do that I have to actually store the music on my phone and it takes up too much space. I can leave my iTunes music in the Cloud and still stream it, it just uses data on my cell plan to do it.

With iTunes on iPhones, Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon music able to stream straight from the phone to the car through Bluetooth, the mini disc/storage space isn't even necessary if you have a healthy data plan on the cell phone.

Pi314CA

1/28/15:
From roughstock:

GH1 album: 9,300 for the week, total is 253,000.
SITW: 27k for the week, total is 802k.

For this week, 2/4/15,

GH1 album: 9,500 bringing total to 262,500

SITW: 23k bringing total to 824k
LTG: 14k bringing total to 31k