Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess single #4

Predict single #4!

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Chaser

• Relapse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

• Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • The Girl You Think I Am

• Like I'll Never Love You Again

• Mexico

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Clock Don't Stop

• Total voters

Farawayhills

Love your posts. Curious on your opinion of "Relapse" as a song and a single.

This was what I said about "Relapse" in the previous poll thread, and is pretty much still my view:

Relapse - the musical style is not really my taste, and I've struggled to find it living up to my perceptions of the album as a whole. That, though is a personal view. The song is co-written by Song Suffragette, Sara Haze, and it strikes me as showing several of the qualities that I've seen on their often excellent weekly showcases of new female talent - witty writing, emotional themes and a sonic feel that is friendly to the wider General Music scene. Radio, so far, has not been overly keen to embrace the trend - but if anyone could reverse that, Carrie's the clear contender. I certainly wouldn't rule it out as a single - and if so, I think it would be good for the format.

Since then, I also posted (in the Carrie Chat thread) a video I found of Sara Haze talking about Carrie picking the song, and then singing her own version of it. In general terms, I do prefer Carrie's "edgier" songs, and am also a supporter of Carrie's move into more personally involved material (both of which are features of "Storyteller"). I don't feel this song fits easily into either of those categories, but as a single it could appeal to a wide range of tastes, and, as I said, I do think the radio format needs more songs like this.

twaintrain

Since Carrie performed it at CMA Fest, I voted for CCA, but either that or DL. Hopefully they will both be singles.

Kizmet311

I still think DL is a smash waiting to happen. It's the most similar to BHC and everyone loves cheating/love gone wrong songs. They never seem to get old with the country audience.

I refuse to believe they'd waste the CMA Fest performance to promote a song that'll never be sent to radio, so I think and hope they'll go with CCA.

DL can come next.

Kizmet311

I have to say that if CCA is NOT single #4, then I think it won't be a single at all. I don't think they would waste the CMA Fest televised performance UNLESS they know it WON'T be a single. They could just use it as more promotion for the tour and for consideration of Carrie for the CMA awards.

liz278

I have to say that if CCA is NOT single #4, then I think it won't be a single at all. I don't think they would waste the CMA Fest televised performance UNLESS they know it WON'T be a single. They could just use it as more promotion for the tour and for consideration of Carrie for the CMA awards.

I know that her team has to be positive, but the writing is on the wall. The only nomination Carrie gets is for FV. So I hope that CCA is going to be a single.

Kizmet311

I know that her team has to be positive, but the writing is on the wall. The only nomination Carrie gets is for FV. So I hope that CCA is going to be a single.

I want so badly for DL and CCA to round out the singles for this era, but it does seem odd that they (her team) would let her showcase CCA affair on the CMA fest unless it is going to be the 4th single or not a single at all.

Although it probably won't be a single, I think Relapse is a very relatable song with an amazing, catchy hook. I think it would huge.
I THINK they will go with Dirty Laundry. I like the song but I just feel that a lot of her radio singles are based on the same themes and I think they should mix it up a bit cause her albums are so diverse.

lolita55

Assumption - DL
Secet wish - TGYTIA
Pleasant Surprise - CCA

throw me off a building - Relapse

I think Release and Chaser should be released to pop or adult contemporary radio. I think they should release CCA as her 4th single because now that Miranda is releasing new music Carrie is going to be shoved to the bank burner, and to somewhat counter that CCA needs to be the 4th single.