Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the singles!

teesharky

You guys really think Leave Love Alone will be a single? :huh:

I don't. I love the song but it seems more of an album track. Same with Thank God for Home towns.

Plus--- they tend to try to promote carries cowrites as she makes more money that way. But I think Blown Away will be a single despite Carrie not writing it as it is the title track and getting so much hype.

My picks:

1. good Girl
2. blown Away
3. cupid s gotta shotgun
4. good in goodbye
5. Wine after whiskey

carebear4eva

Unless Carrie's voice completely transformed the song, I really wouldn't want Leave Love Alone as a single. Or, like, if we heard the wrong demo or something :p

I'll pass judgement on Thank God for Hometowns after hearing the song, but at this point I wouldn't pick it as a single.

WHY ARE SO FEW PEOPLE PICKING CUPID'S GOT A SHOTGUN?????

Do you not read the title? CUPID?! WITH A SHOTGUN!!! CUPID'S GOT A SHOTGUN!!!!

Manchs

I don't. I love the song but it seems more of an album track. Same with Thank God for Home towns.

Plus--- they tend to try to promote carries cowrites as she makes more money that way. But I think Blown Away will be a single despite Carrie not writing it as it is the title track and getting so much hype.

My picks:

1. good Girl
2. blown Away
3. cupid s gotta shotgun
4. good in goodbye
5. Wine after whiskey

This seems right. Play On lacked really good singles. All of them were Carrie co-writes. I don't think we can say that about CR. 3 of them were co-writes, but I think they were the strongest tracks on the album. I wouldnt have released them in the order they were, but they were good singles (well, I woulda released FOTF, but ok).
At least, based on the titles, it seems the Carrie co-writes are very interesting :) I mean, Cupid's Got A Shotgun? Wine After Whiskey? Good in Goodbye? Damn, they all sound perfect.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the order, btw.

Manchs

I think we should start tweeting Carrie's account about a fan-voted single. We should do that massively. It could work :) At least a very good single choice would be safe. We know the true tea more than her label lol

allamericangirl8

I think we should start tweeting Carrie's account about a fan-voted single. We should do that massively. It could work :) At least a very good single choice would be safe. We know the true tea more than her label lol

You know, I'm actually starting to love that Carrie released Mama's Song. It was a major eff-you to the majority of us, and she did it anyway because she wanted it. She wasn't catering to the fans, just giving us what we want. She was doing what she wanted. Shows she's an artist, not a saleswoman.

So, I want Carrie to pick what she wants and let us sit back for the ride. :cool:

If I had to guess I would choose
1) Good Girl
2) Blown Away
3) Cupid's Got a Shotgun
4) Good in Goodbye
5) Who You Are (I don't know why I've just always thought this is a really pretty title)
if there was a 6th one Wine After Whiskey

carebearcarrie

You know, I'm actually starting to love that Carrie released Mama's Song. It was a major eff-you to the majority of us, and she did it anyway because she wanted it. She wasn't catering to the fans, just giving us what we want. She was doing what she wanted. Shows she's an artist, not a saleswoman.

So, I want Carrie to pick what she wants and let us sit back for the ride. :cool:

And the fact that she has given i IKYW in many public performances. That is when she catered to us fans. And it makes it all worth it. I LOVED Mama's song as a single. You could tell that it what she wanted, and she was beyond happy.

Manchs

You do have a point, but I think that way: She can record the material she wants. Carrie usually has a very good music taste, so, that shouldn't be a problem. But, at least, release singles that could do their job properly lol Mama's Song is not bad, but it shouldnt have been released. It was the material she wanted to record? I think so, but it should have stayed as an album track. At least for me. She definitely had time to record this album and to have inspiration. And if GG is any indication of what is upon us, the album will be out of this world, so, we don't have to worry about singles :)

allamericangirl8

Unless Carrie's voice completely transformed the song, I really wouldn't want Leave Love Alone as a single. Or, like, if we heard the wrong demo or something :p

I'll pass judgement on Thank God for Hometowns after hearing the song, but at this point I wouldn't pick it as a single.

I'm gonna be a minority opinion -- I'm not even a little excited about that title. I think it's a pretty lame title. :p

And the fact that she has given i IKYW in many public performances. That is when she catered to us fans. And it makes it all worth it. I LOVED Mama's song as a single. You could tell that it what she wanted, and she was beyond happy.

I kind of wonder if the IKYW performances were for our sake or for her sake. She seems so fond of IKYW. She even left it in the PO setlist. I thought that song would be first on the chopping block. She actually made room for it. She got rid of IYH and kept IKYW. I freaking love that.

teesharky

Yeah but the fans are the ones that buy the songs on iTunes and buy the albums. If she just releases songs the fans dislike to say Fu to us, then her sales will suffer and she will continue to lose awards if the industry does not like her personal choices. I get what you are saying but this is a business not a hobby. The fans have to like the productnshe is selling or they won't buy it.

teesharky

I am with you all the way!! Lol. Cupid for the win!! The novelty alone for the title will attract tons of attention like red solo cup did. Lol

Ty

I'm surprised by all of the "Wine After Whiskey" mentions. Based off the demo clip that's out there, that one doesn't strike me as single-worthy, at all.

allamericangirl8

Yeah but the fans are the ones that buy the songs on iTunes and buy the albums. If she just releases songs the fans dislike to say Fu to us, then her sales will suffer and she will continue to lose awards if the industry does not like her personal choices. I get what you are saying but this is a business not a hobby. The fans have to like the productnshe is selling or they won't buy it.

I think she's at a point in her career where she can and should do whatever she wants. She's not holding a gun to our heads. We don't have to buy the singles. We choose to. Music is an art first and foremost. The business bull is just stuff on the side that Carrie herself doesn't even really need to worry about (she's got other people for that... like you lol).

You're looking at the appetizer, not the main course, Tee.

cpeTN89

1.) Good Girl
2.) One Way Ticket- I don't know why but I think this may be a good mid-tempo like Get Out Of This Town. If it is it would be a good summer single to ease from Good Girl to Blown Away which is bound to be a power ballad.
3.) Blown Away-I think this is bound to be the 3rd single and will be a huge smash during the late summer/early fall. I think it would be the second single but maybe they would want to release something mid-tempo between a rocking up-tempo like good girl and a huge ballad like blown away.
4.) Cupids Got A Shotgun- This will be an uptempo that is going to be a monster hit during the fall/early winter driving huge holiday sales.
5.) Good In Goodbye- I just love this title.

If there is a 6th single then it would be....
6.) Two Black Cadillacs- Maybe they will do a fan vote for a 6th single if they have time and we will vote for this. I think this song is going to be amazing but I am scared the label will not release it on their own because it is nearly 5 minutes long.

I am probably completely off on these but it is fun guessing. I know these titles seem the most intriguing to me.