Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns N' Roses tweeted Carrie's performance of PC!!!!!!!

Carrieflattsfan

I honestly cannot wrap my head around all the hate Carrie is getting on GN'R's facebook page. Say what you want about her as an artist, but to say she did not put EVERYTHING she had and more in that performance is just plain ignorant, to me. Fantastic performance and a vocal performance that was DAMN near perfect, considering the animation onstage.

Plus, for GN'R (and presumably Axl), to endorse Carrie and allow her to sing that show is a HUGE compliment in itself. Again, it shows how respected she is among so many musicians, too. I think people are so wrapped up in seeing certain songs/artists untouchable, that they set some sort of impossible standard and see everything other than the original as "terrible." Objectively, nothing about that performance was terrible, and honestly even if people don't LIKE it for whatever reason, I just cannot even fathom people trashing it and calling it awful. Open up your minds and step outside the box; I think the love from GN'R proves they respect Carrie, and their fans could stand to do the same as well.

MelissaD

I honestly cannot wrap my head around all the hate Carrie is getting on GN'R's facebook page. Say what you want about her as an artist, but to say she did not put EVERYTHING she had and more in that performance is just plain ignorant, to me. Fantastic performance and a vocal performance that was DAMN near perfect, considering the animation onstage.

Plus, for GN'R (and presumably Axl), to endorse Carrie and allow her to sing that show is a HUGE compliment in itself. Again, it shows how respected she is among so many musicians, too. I think people are so wrapped up in seeing certain songs/artists untouchable, that they set some sort of impossible standard and see everything other than the original as "terrible." Objectively, nothing about that performance was terrible, and honestly even if people don't LIKE it for whatever reason, I just cannot even fathom people trashing it and calling it awful. Open up your minds and step outside the box; I think the love from GN'R proves they respect Carrie, and their fans could stand to do the same as well.

Don't pay it any mind. A lot of old-school classic rock fans are just that way. They despise everything about the current landscape of music, and they automatically dismiss all of it as unworthy trash, without even giving half of it a chance. You can't take anything that they say to be personal against Carrie. They already had their minds made up that it "sucked" before they even clicked on the link - IF they even bothered to click on the link at all. They're a bunch of bitter elitist music snobs that lash out against ANY artist outside of the rock genre that dares to cover a classic rock song. I'm not even offended by the comments, because I just know that's how they are. It's par for the course with them. My uncle is that very same way. God forbid a pop or country or r&b artist covers Ozzy, or The Beatles, or The Rolling Stones...off with their heads before they even start the performance.

The important thing is that there WERE several Guns N' Roses fans on that page that gave Carrie her due props. They even prefaced by saying that they were already prepared to write a scathing review of the performance before they even saw it, but were pleasantly taken aback by how good it was once they actually watched it. Those are the comments that actually mean something, because it shows who the truly objective adjudicators are. Most of the negative comments were from people that most likely didn't even watch the performance.

teesharky

This made my whole day last night when I saw it! And Melissa is right- the Gnr fans on some sites really liked it! I knew some die Garda would trash it but many liked it!

For GNRs official site to tweet this- that is a huge honor for Carrie!

lilangel

Yeah don't get bothered... I was at first.. Really I was like: 'huh? why?' and getting a little bit angry.

But most of them say that Axl sings it way better.
Just like we would say about Carrie 90% of time if someone else does a cover of her songs. ;) So it's okay if die hard Axl fans say that.
Something to do with some personal taste and what you're used to.

Second they say that the song is meant for a guys voice.
Well thats just some personal taste too, I guess..

Third they say that she's unoriginal. That she didn't make the song her own.
Well, if she did, they would trash her anyway. Then they would say keep your hands off girl!
And why would you change an orginal song when it's great just the way it is?

And that she should stick to her own music.
Well we know thats not true ;). Carrie can sing everything, even the phone book and still sound awesome!!!!!!!

And sooo cool that GNR tweeted the video and put it on their Facebook, that's the only thing that matters! Getting recognized by your peers!

Carrieflattsfan

Don't pay it any mind. A lot of old-school classic rock fans are just that way. They despise everything about the current landscape of music, and they automatically dismiss all of it as unworthy trash, without even giving half of it a chance. You can't take anything that they say to be personal against Carrie. They already had their minds made up that it "sucked" before they even clicked on the link - IF they even bothered to click on the link at all. They're a bunch of bitter elitist music snobs that lash out against ANY artist outside of the rock genre that dares to cover a classic rock song. I'm not even offended by the comments, because I just know that's how they are. It's par for the course with them. My uncle is that very same way. God forbid a pop or country or r&b artist covers Ozzy, or The Beatles, or The Rolling Stones...off with their heads before they even start the performance.

The important thing is that there WERE several Guns N' Roses fans on that page that gave Carrie her due props. They even prefaced by saying that they were already prepared to write a scathing review of the performance before they even saw it, but were pleasantly taken aback by how good it was once they actually watched it. Those are the comments that actually mean something, because it shows who the truly objective adjudicators are. Most of the negative comments were from people that most likely didn't even watch the performance.

Oh, I knew the negative comments were going to come, and I didn't pay attention to them after awhile. I was just venting my frustration about that attitude in general, although it is quite common, especially among older music fans. 90% of the classic country fans I see grouch much the same way about someone covering any country classic, so I've seen that pattern plenty of times, across the board.

Of course music fans think no one can do any song justice by their favorite artists, which is how many of us feel when other people cover Carrie; I sympathize with that attitude, because it's hard to be objective when you've formed an attachment to something else. It's the superiority that bugs me the most, although I know it will never go away. The genre lines are widened here, when Carrie herself is just expressing her love of ALL music by covering something like PC. Although it's easier said that done, I have so much more respect for music fans who are open minded and give something a chance, because that's the way music should be.

Anyway, Carrie received the biggest compliment of all by having GN'R acknowledge her (if indirectly), and I'm proud of her. That has to mean the world to her to be recognized by a band she grew up idolizing, and I'm over the moon for her. I adore both Carrie and GN'R, and I wasn't even expecting them to clear that performance. That in itself is a MAJOR compliment to Carrie, and it also made me extremely happy for her. When you know artists are extremely protective about their music, it makes it that much more of an honor that Carrie was cleared (and given props), by the artists team. That's not an easy thing to accomplish, and Carrie went above and beyond. Snotty music fans mean nothing when the artists themselves acknowledge someone else did a fantastic job with a classic song. The biggest compliment in the land, and Carrie certainly deserves it, being the talent she is. Just another reason why she's a step above everyone else, and why I'm so proud of her. Amazing.

DaisyTweets

When I was watching the performance again (I just had to click on the link from 'their' site) I couldn't help but think of how surreal of a couple of months Carrie had with singing with the Rolling Stones and then knocking the performance of PC out of the park. And then for GNR giving her performance their stamp of approval. Yep not many artists can top what she's done -- in fact there's NO ONE who could. Once again at a major country show, Carrie is the most talked about performance and artist.

And who's ETOTY again????????

teesharky

Guys I monitored twitter very closely right as the performance was going down- both in the East coast andLA- to see the reactions.

no lie- over 95% of the twitter comments were overwhelmingly positive! Paradise City trended worldwide- and no other song trended all night- not even swsrn! Haha

The few haters were already anti Carrie before she ever performed- and many were Kelly Clarkson fans mad that carrie tried rock again as if KC owns it. Or Taylor fans who trash everything carrie does.

There were of course some rock fans who hated the idea that a country girl would take on gnr so they trashed it out of principal. Lol.

But the majority of viewers loved it and were shocked at how good she did! She was the most buzzed about performance of the night by a landslide.

Plus- cmafest ratings went up 33% so almost 9 million saw that epic performance. Sales of Paradise City jumped by a ton on itunes- and so did SYA sales. Overall- it was a huge hit with viewers!

Now that GNR publicly endorsed it-- we have the perfect ammo to shut up haters: keep posting the GNR tweet over and over again. That'll show them. Lol

allamericangirl8

But most of them say that Axl sings it way better.

DEAD. Axl's only sung this a handful of times well live, and it sounds good in the studio because he literally recorded this line by line. In fact, he's only performed it as well as Carrie once (Freddie Mercury benefit). They are grasping at straws, and I say this as someone who does prefer the studio version to Carrie's (...slightly).

Tee's absolutely right. I follow tons of GN'R fans and they were showering Carrie with so much praise. Some of them still are. That's how blown away they were. I've read like five marriage proposals to her in the past few days, too. x) The fans who were receptive to Carrie Underwood covering Guns N' Roses in the first place adored it; the ones who would've hated it no matter what think they hated it. I'm betting the majority of people likely to comment on Facebook (judging by the whole Stones fiasco) fall into the latter category. Luckily, Twitter and MyGNRForum tell a different story.

Carrieflattsfan

DEAD. Axl's only sung this a handful of times well live, and it sounds good in the studio because he literally recorded this line by line. In fact, he's only performed it as well as Carrie once (Freddie Mercury benefit). They are grasping at straws, and I say this as someone who does prefer the studio version to Carrie's (...slightly).

Tee's absolutely right. I follow tons of GN'R fans and they were showering Carrie with so much praise. Some of them still are. That's how blown away they were. I've read like five marriage proposals to her in the past few days, too. x) The fans who were receptive to Carrie Underwood covering Guns N' Roses in the first place adored it; the ones who would've hated it no matter what think they hated it. I'm betting the majority of people likely to comment on Facebook (judging by the whole Stones fiasco) fall into the latter category. Luckily, Twitter and MyGNRForum tell a different story.

I was talking to a few GN'R fans who say they fell in love with Carrie's music because of GN'R.

Most Facebook comment threads always seem overly negative (especially when it comes to covers), I've noticed. Carrie was getting amazing feedback on Twitter, and I saw many rock fans praise her, but if you go on GN'R's facebook page, she was dragged to hell and back. A lot of GN'R fans DO seem to respect Carrie a lot, which I think is awesome. The sampling of fans on FB always seems to be negative, though, which is a shame.

The people who say Axl sings it better than Carrie are just being stans...and most stans (ESPECIALLY those who post on Facebook), couldn't be objective to save their lives.