Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales - 11/28/2012

liveasong

I find it funny that Kelly's new album sold as much as Blown Away to be honest. Hahaha!

I mean, it's a new album and she benefited a lot from Black Friday.

Zman312

I find it funny that Kelly's new album sold as much as Blown Away to be honest. Hahaha!

To be honest, it's a BEST OF Album, I am actually shocked she even sold that much, good for her. I am happy Carrie did GREAT too. I knew Carrie would go Platinum with this year but it's nice to finally see it. I hope BA does GREAT this Christmas season. If Carrie can sell another 400-500k copies this holiday season then that would be GREAT!!!!!

PRGuy79

Strong, consistent sales across the board! So exciting! This should settle it for anyone who might still wonder who the most successful American Idol is...Clearly, clearly, clearly - it is our Carrie! #BlownAway

Pi314CA

And Kelly's new album was on sale for $5.00. I was surprised that the price was set so low for its first week! By the way, this is the first album (out of 6) for Kelly that did not make the Top 10 on the BB 200 chart.

With SH re-entering the BB 200 and all this sales data means more work for Cary.

Last edited:

Daraebe

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" rises 17-12 with a bullet on Christian Digital Songs. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "How Great Thou Art" advances 26-21 with a bullet on the Christian Digital Songs chart. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Temporary Home" moves 43-37 with a bullet on the Christian Digital Songs chart. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Some Hearts" re-enters the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart at #8. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Blown Away" rebounds 8-3 with a bullet on Top Country Albums. @carrieunderwood

Pi314CA

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Good Girl" still charting, up 34-33 with a bullet on Country Digital Songs. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Blown Away" holds at #5 on the Country Digital Songs chart.@carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Blown Away" makes a major rebound on The Billboard 200, jumping 35-12 with a bullet. @carrieunderwood

IdolsNow ‏@idolsnow
"Some Hearts" re-enters The Billboard 200 album chart at #69. @carrieunderwood

PRGuy79

Something major is happening, folks! Definitely, Black Friday had something to do with it - but I feel like this is something bigger. Carrie's boost seems much more impressive than most artists. It makes me think this is the combination of great promotion, a great tour, a massive #2 single, a bubbling #3 single, etc. This could go on for awhile! Let's hope!

Manchs

and to add on to this...didnt CC have sales over 115k the week after christmas? So I can definitely see BA having an even larger bump in sales.

CC sold 124k the week after Christmas. Considering BA is selling better than CC and actually managed to increase in sales after having peaked for weeks and having no performances, it will probably do even better.

liveasong

121 133 Miranda Lambert Four The Record 7,000 660,000:rolleyes:

tumblr_m7upwsx6cI1r1ezhio6_250.gif

DaisyTweets

121 133 Miranda Lambert Four The Record 7,000 660,000:rolleyes:
Isn't this total interesting -- half of the 'shoved down our throats' couple -- wonder why the total isn't more?? And this album has been out for 6 months longer than Blown Away!!!! Wonder how long it will take for it to reach platinum???

Claire2004

^^Before Revolution, the previous 2 albums did take some time before reaching platinum. I think Crazy Ex-Girlfriend took 1 year (?) but it did reach 1M in sales. For those who know the exact stats please correct me :). Then of course Miranda's career soared after White Liar and House, and as a consequence Revolution reached platinum faster than the previous albums.
I don't know if Christmas season will boost FTR sales enough to make it closer to platinum.

teesharky

Isn't this total interesting -- half of the 'shoved down our throats' couple -- wonder why the total isn't more?? And this album has been out for 6 months longer than Blown Away!!!! Wonder how long it will take for it to reach platinum???

Actually-it came out 7 months before Blown Away. It came out November 1, so that is 7 months before Carrie's did.

If only the voters would stop snubbing Carrie already. They can't stop Carrie from selling albums to her fans though, as hard as they may try. lol