Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaiah Michael Fisher

terilyn

Depending on the church they may just do a dedication and that can be done @anytime. There are quite a few Southern Christian Churches that do this instead of christening and Baptisms @ an age of understanding. Usually 8 yrs and above.

maddkat

Staff member
https://instagram.com/p/3nB0aKLqrr/ New pic at band rehearse.

." Isaiah's first band rehearsal...as you can see he & his daddy were totally into it!

that is so adorable
4j3v45.jpg

teesharky

Omg that pic is a keeper! Sooooo cute!!! His blue headphones remind me of kelly's pink ones for river!

Pi314CA

Depending on the church they may just do a dedication and that can be done @anytime. There are quite a few Southern Christian Churches that do this instead of christening and Baptisms @ an age of understanding. Usually 8 yrs and above.

Baby dedication usually happens at about 2-3 months. By the way, baby baptism is not biblical and does not have any meaning.

kdprouty

I love, love this. So sweet. Do you think the reason we haven't seen Carrie and Isaiah is because People Magazine will do some pictures with Carrie and Isaiah sometime soon.

txacar

Baby dedication usually happens at about 2-3 months. By the way, baby baptism is not biblical and does not have any meaning.

Christening is blessing and naming the child. My 3 were christened at Hamline Methodist Church in Washington DC, each at 3 months of age. Very short little ceremony. Minister sprinkles a couple of drops of water on the infant's head and speaks the formal words. He/she is named!!!

rainbow1

Isaiah is an adorable little munchkin! He looks to have more of Carrie's coloring in this picture!! Turn your head this way, Isaiah!! :)

JB172

Little man is good to go, he has the headphones and looks like he has the binky by his waist if needed.

teesharky

Confused. Why do you guys call it "baby dedication?" We call it baptism or Christening. Confused.

It is based on John the Baptist, etc-- which is why there is Holy water, and a sacred ritual. I thought it was from the Bible as it has been going on for centuries.

Everyone in NY calls it a Christening, or Baptism, as you take the baby to church and he is annointed with holy water and given a blessing to take away Original sin, etc. We have a Godmother and a GodFather stand up for the baby.

Afterwards-- there is a big party with cake and tons of guests.

It is traditionally done when the baby is quite young...though if you convert to Christianity you can be baptized later in life of course.