Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaiah Michael Fisher

teesharky

I do agree with whoever said he has Carrie's skin tone and coloring. We just need a proper photo of his eyes. (smile) His hair looks slightly lighter in this picture too.

Mike was very blonde when he was young, so I wonder if the baby will have blonde hair too which will then grow darker as he gets older- like Mike? Since Carrie is blonde, he may be a little tow head. so cute!

rs_600x600-150606185453-600.CarrieUnderwood_jmd_060615.jpg

cmuf2011

Because that's what it is called in some places, my church does baby dedications once a year, it isn't baptism there's no water involved, you just go up and the preacher says a pray, blessing the child at least i think thats how it goes my church did its first baby dedication 2/3 years ago so I'm not an expert.

teesharky

^ ok so that does not sound like the same ceremony I was speaking of. A Baptism/Christening is a very traditional ceremony and it always involves Holy water and a Priest absolving the baby from original sin, in front of witnesses-- the God Parents. That name dedication thing you are speaking of sounds nice, but it is not a religious baptism ceremony or christening.

Suellen

The picture of Mike and Isaiah is so adorable. Can't wait to see a picture of Carrie and Isaiah.

ethelu

^ ok so that does not sound like the same ceremony I was speaking of. A Baptism/Christening is a very traditional ceremony and it always involves Holy water and a Priest absolving the baby from original sin, in front of witnesses-- the God Parents. That name dedication thing you are speaking of sounds nice, but it is not a religious baptism ceremony or christening.

I think the dedication is done at churches where Baptism is done later in the child's or adult's life when they themselves choose to do so. I know that Carrie chose to be baptized, so perhaps there was a dedication done for her when she was an infant.

abbeyjones18

I think the dedication is done at churches where Baptism is done later in the child's or adult's life when they themselves choose to do so. I know that Carrie chose to be baptized, so perhaps there was a dedication done for her when she was an infant.

This is what we do at my church (we're Conservative Baptists). We actually just had both recently. The grandson of one of the ministers was dedicated to God (they said a prayer, pretty simple little ceremony), and the kids who were baptized are 9/10 years old. So, yeah, very different. Of course, we have all of the different branches of churches out there, and every church is different.

terilyn

I love the pictures of Isaiah and his daddy. I can't wait to see a pic of Ace, Penny and Isaiah. I can just imagine how cute that would be.

Farawayhills

Interesting discussion on the possible baby dedication - although, as has been said, they may keep any such decision a purely private matter.

As Abbey said, the age for Christian Baptism varies a lot between the different churches. Traditionally, it has been performed as soon as possible - and this is done in the older churches of both East and West, and is also done by several of the Reformed churches, including Lutheran, Anglican, and most Methodist and Presbyterian. The Baptists were the main Reformed group to practise only Believers' Baptism (usually of adolescents, or older professing Christians), and this is also practised by Restoration churches, such as the Churches of Christ, and the Latter Day Saints.

In my church, Baptism is normally practised for babies, and is followed several years later by Confirmation. (If you're not familiar with Confirmation, it's decscribed here;
The Sacrament of Confirmation in the Catholic Church
I was confirmed at about eight (which is probably also about the earliest that the churches practising Believers' Baptism would also administer their Sacrament), but in both cases, it's also often received later, e.g, as teenagers)

Interestingly, both traditions appeared in recent songs by the leading Country ladies. Carrie's song, SITW, obviously refers to a later, Believers' Baptism, where she 'follows the preacher man down to the river' - while Miranda's song, BMB, refers to infant Baptism, with the line 'but all has been forgiven on the day the water Christened.'

It's my understanding that Carrie worships at an Affirming Baptist church - so she is likely to leave Isaiah Mike's faith decision until he's older. If you're not familiar with the practice of dedicating a baby, there's an explanation here:
Explore the Practice of Baby Dedication

CarrieAddicted

This photo is SO adorable. So, so, soooo adorable.

I've shown it to my whole family, basically.

By the way, I just noticed today that Reba's facebook page liked the previous photo of Isaiah (the one with the skates) on Carrie's page.

Wonder if other celebs did too?

teesharky

Interesting discussion on the possible baby dedication - although, as has been said, they may keep any such decision a purely private matter.

As Abbey said, the age for Christian Baptism varies a lot between the different churches. Traditionally, it has been performed as soon as possible - and this is done in the older churches of both East and West, and is also done by several of the Reformed churches, including Lutheran, Anglican, and most Methodist and Presbyterian. The Baptists were the main Reformed group to practise only Believers' Baptism (usually of adolescents, or older professing Christians), and this is also practised by Restoration churches, such as the Churches of Christ, and the Latter Day Saints.

In my church, Baptism is normally practised for babies, and is followed several years later by Confirmation. (If you're not familiar with Confirmation, it's decscribed here;
The Sacrament of Confirmation in the Catholic Church
I was confirmed at about eight (which is probably also about the earliest that the churches practising Believers' Baptism would also administer their Sacrament), but in both cases, it's also often received later, e.g, as teenagers)

Interestingly, both traditions appeared in recent songs by the leading Country ladies. Carrie's song, SITW, obviously refers to a later, Believers' Baptism, where she 'follows the preacher man down to the river' - while Miranda's song, BMB, refers to infant Baptism, with the line 'but all has been forgiven on the day the water Christened.'

It's my understanding that Carrie worships at an Affirming Baptist church - so she is likely to leave Isaiah Mike's faith decision until he's older. If you're not familiar with the practice of dedicating a baby, there's an explanation here:
Explore the Practice of Baby Dedication

Yes we have a Confirmation ceremony in 8th grade. I am Catholic so we have the Baby Baptism, and Confirmation later. But tx for that info. It is all quite interesting.

CarrieAddicted

I do agree with whoever said he has Carrie's skin tone and coloring. We just need a proper photo of his eyes. (smile) His hair looks slightly lighter in this picture too.

Mike was very blonde when he was young, so I wonder if the baby will have blonde hair too which will then grow darker as he gets older- like Mike? Since Carrie is blonde, he may be a little tow head. so cute!

Tee, even if his hair is now dark, it might fall out in the next months, so a new one ("official") can grow.

I was born red haired and when I was about to turn 1 y.o., my hair completely fell out and the "official" one grew blonde, so blonde it was virtually "white". LMAO The Daenerys hair color.
As I was growing up, it was turning ash blonde and remains this color.

Same with my eyes. I was blue-eyed until I was 4-5 y.o., then it turned hazel-green as I grew up and it remains like this.

teesharky

I had no idea a baby's hair "falls out" and re-grows itself. Weird! Is that the case for all babies?

CarrieAddicted

I don't know if that is the case for all babies, but it did happen to me and I've heard about other cases too.

My mom even kept a strand of my red hair in my "baby memory book". Talk about cuteness.