Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennifer Lopez confirmed she's leaving Idol!!!!!

supercarriefan

It has also been rumored that Randy will leave the judging panel, and become a mentor to the contestants. I hope it's true because I think he would have far more to offer in a mentoring role than as a judge.
As for Jennifer leaving, it was only a matter of time. The show helped jumpstart her career again, and now she's moving like Steven.
Mariah Carey is rumored to be in talks to judge, but I'm not putting a lot of hope into that rumor because she was also rumored to be filling a judge's spot two years ago. Perhaps Randy will convince her to talk his spot on the panel lol.

I just hope they stick with only three judges, and don't go back to the four person panel. The network is going to drag out this whole "who will judge Idol" publicity for a while yet, so we all might as sit back and enjoy the ride :p. I would imagine they will reveal the new judging panel much like they did last time with a huge press conference.

JB172

This is about surprising as the sun be in the sky when I got up this morning.

As Meg said Fox, Fuller and the rest of the people involved will drag who will be the judges out for awhile, I would imagine that they have a pretty good idea of who they want, Mariah is back into the picture of being a judge.

nccountrygal

Well I am not overly excited that Mariah is being considered to be a judge. Anyways, it will be interesting to see who the judges turn out to be and I do agree I hope they keep it to just 3 judges. Well at least Ryan Secrest will be back next year.

pklongbeach

Good, Glad to hear it.
the last two years have given the show no direction what so ever.
A cleaning of the house is needed.
But it also brings to mind for me, that these judges never really committed themselves to this show in the first place.
And I think that is kind of sad for the franchise.
I think they came in to see what they could get and not what tehy could give.

pklongbeach

Sorry, had to stop typing for a minnte,
Anyway, An opportunity to make the judges panel unbiased and helpful will make them useful and will make them worthy again.
As it was, I felt completely manipulated by the way the judges behaved.
And finally to reiterate what allamerican said, I think Steven was "too big" for the show. I don't want the show to be about judges who have products to sell, or careers to reinvigerate, or even reputations to uphold.
I think the first 7 seasons worked cause you had a committed cast to the show itself.
I hope the show goes back to that.

Pi314CA

Good, Glad to hear it.
the last two years have given the show no direction what so ever.
A cleaning of the house is needed.
But it also brings to mind for me, that these judges never really committed themselves to this show in the first place.
And I think that is kind of sad for the franchise.
I think they came in to see what they could get and not what tehy could give.

So true. Prior to Tyler and Lopez, a judge never performed on Idol.

I hope Idol brings in three judges that have an eye for talent, know the music business, and provide beneficial critiques.

gaycarebear

So true. Prior to Tyler and Lopez, a judge never performed on Idol.

I hope Idol brings in three judges that have an eye for talent, know the music business, and provide beneficial critiques.

Actually, Paula did perform during season 8. She sang "I'm Just Here for the Music."

supercarriefan

Sorry, had to stop typing for a minnte,
Anyway, An opportunity to make the judges panel unbiased and helpful will make them useful and will make them worthy again.
As it was, I felt completely manipulated by the way the judges behaved.
And finally to reiterate what allamerican said, I think Steven was "too big" for the show. I don't want the show to be about judges who have products to sell, or careers to reinvigerate, or even reputations to uphold.
I think the first 7 seasons worked cause you had a committed cast to the show itself.
I hope the show goes back to that.

I have a feeling the network isn't looking to cast a judging panel based on how unbiased they can be. Sadly, I think they are more likely cast three celebs to fill the seats just so they can use their names to get more people to watch. I wish they would use this opportunity to create a panel of actual experts that could provide useful critiques to the contestants, and could actually offer opinions that didn't feel forced or manipulated in any way.
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Simon, Paula and Randy gave terribly useful critiques for the first 7 seasons either. They may have been more honest, and they certainly came across as more authentic than the panel from the past few seasons, yet their critiques were still tailored for ratings. I know many people loved Simon's honesty, but he was just downright brutal most of time by telling people they were "cruise ship singers", "wedding singers" or "dreadful". Critiques like that aren't helpful to a singer at all lol.
I would love for Idol to find a balance between judging that will get people to watch, yet also be thoughtful enough to help the contestants learn from their mistakes. Perhaps Randy can add that aspect if he does move from judge to mentor.

JB172

I get so sick of hearing about the bias this and bias that BS.

People have b!tched about that since the show started and not just over the past few years, there has always been Randy is biased towards the "Mariah Divas", Paula is biased towards "the cute guys", Simon is biased towards the people who is going to make him the most $$$$, Kara is biased towards "the cute guys", Ellen is biased towards everyone, Jennifer & Steven like this person or that person and hate this person or that person and on and on and on and on.

Nothing is going to change that no matter who the hell the judges are.

supercarriefan

Mariah Carey? NEXT...........Cast shania, or ring Jennifer nettles over from Duets....My lord she's good lol.

I would love if they cast Jennifer Nettles. However, I think Jennifer will be a bit busy with her new baby by the time Idol starts :).
Continuing on the Duets judging panel theme, Robin Thicke and John Legend were both really good coaches and judges. Perhaps Idol could get one, or both, of them. They are helpful to the contestants in their comments, yet still funny and charming enough to make the audience feel connected to the show.
Kelly has said she wouldn't want to judge Idol, but she would be good at it. She did a nice job on Duets this season.
Now that Steven and Jennifer are officially out, I'm really worried about what we are going to end up with on the panel in January lol. The people that own Idol said they were going to make some changes in hopes to improve ratings, and that scares me. Hopefully, they don't change too much about the show, or it may backfire on them.

JB172

I would love if they cast Jennifer Nettles. However, I think Jennifer will be a bit busy with her new baby by the time Idol starts :).
Continuing on the Duets judging panel theme, Robin Thicke and John Legend were both really good coaches and judges. Perhaps Idol could get one, or both, of them. They are helpful to the contestants in their comments, yet still funny and charming enough to make the audience feel connected to the show.
Kelly has said she wouldn't want to judge Idol, but she would be good at it. She did a nice job on Duets this season.
Now that Steven and Jennifer are officially out, I'm really worried about what we are going to end up with on the panel in January lol. The people that own Idol said they were going to make some changes in hopes to improve ratings, and that scares me. Hopefully, they don't change too much about the show, or it may backfire on them.

They have to have certain people in mind, the judges part of the auditions usually start in the early fall so that would give Fuller and the rest of the show less than three months to hire people.

Gator

American Idol revive Jennifer Lopez career.

Agree. I think AI was too much about advancing/reviving careers of the judges, than the judges actually truly judging the contestants.

I hope they start with a whole new panel of judges who will judge all contestants fairly and equally, including providing constructive criticism so they can improve on their talent. And please, let them end all the drama at the judges' table!

If they can't get back to where the show began, I think they should scrap it. It's been too biased and too predictable for years.

JB172

Agree. I think AI was too much about advancing/reviving careers of the judges, than the judges actually truly judging the contestants.

I hope they start with a whole new panel of judges who will judge all contestants fairly and equally, including providing constructive criticism so they can improve on their talent. And please, let them end all the drama at the judges' table!

If they can't get back to where the show began, I think they should scrap it. It's been too biased and too predictable for years.

Who are they going to get who people are not going to say are biased towards whatever contestant?