Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennifer Lopez confirmed she's leaving Idol!!!!!

pklongbeach

I'll tell you one thing, it seems they are going to have their pick of celebs and recording artists who saw what Idol did for Lopez and Tyler.
I just wish they would not go that way again.
The biggest problem being that again, the judges end up feeling disposable. Like they are using the show.
Not like they are their for the prupose of creating a legitimate show that is worth watching.

Gator

Who are they going to get who people are not going to say are biased towards whatever contestant?

Obviously, some bias will exist, not matter what. Perhaps I should have said 'blatantly biased'? That aside, I'd even settle for concentration on the talent of the contestants and not the judges.

JB172

Obviously, some bias will exist, not matter what. Perhaps I should have said 'blatantly biased'? That aside, I'd even settle for concentration on the talent of the contestants and not the judges.

Personally I think that the focus being put of the judges come from the fans who complain about the judges being biased towards whoever, if the fans don't like their favorite getting picked on vote harder.

supercarriefan

Agree. I think AI was too much about advancing/reviving careers of the judges, than the judges actually truly judging the contestants.

I hope they start with a whole new panel of judges who will judge all contestants fairly and equally, including providing constructive criticism so they can improve on their talent. And please, let them end all the drama at the judges' table!

If they can't get back to where the show began, I think they should scrap it. It's been too biased and too predictable for years.

I actually didn't find there to be too much drama amongst the judges the past 2 years. I think that in terms of chemistry on the panel Steven, Jennifer and Randy had the best overall from all the seasons.
There was far more drama on the panel when Simon was around because he was always trying to get on Paula's nerves.
I think the judges' drama was at its worst when Kara was around in seasons 8 and 9. She has a very harsh personality, and it didn't seem to blend well with the panel.
I think the show has always been biased. Right from the beginning, the judges have always had people they favored. The issue in the last two seasons is that the judges have been uneven in their praise. They are over the top with some contestants (Joshua this season, Scotty last season for example) while making others really have to work for it (Hollie this season). They also would critique certain people for things one week, yet praise them for that very thing the next week (Phillip with his changing of melodies).
A judging panel that could at least be consistent would be nice lol.

nccountrygal

I think Harry Connick Jr. would be a good judge. I thought he was great with the contestants the year he mentored them. I think someone mentioned Pink and I think she would be a great judge also. Shania would be good too but isn't she doing some Vegas shows so I don't know if she would be able to do it anyway. I really don't think I would like Adam Lambert of Mariah as a judge but obviously I would still watch the show if they were the judges. Well if Idol wants ratings then maybe they should get Carrie to be a judge. lol I doubt she would have time since she is going to be touring.

gaycarebear

More rumors are out!

According to E! News, Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, and Mariah Carey are at the top of the list. I actually wouldn't mind this. They NEED someone to go up against Demi Lovato on X-Factor to bring in the young demographic, and Miley could do that. Having Adam really won't bring in any new viewers who aren't already watching the show, and I think Mariah is perfect for the panel. lol

More ‘American Idol’ Judge Rumors: Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey Top of the List; Steven Tyler Pressured to Quit (UPDATE) | Jason the Gleek

bigbluegrl23

More rumors are out!

According to E! News, Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, and Mariah Carey are at the top of the list. I actually wouldn't mind this. They NEED someone to go up against Demi Lovato on X-Factor to bring in the young demographic, and Miley could do that. Having Adam really won't bring in any new viewers who aren't already watching the show, and I think Mariah is perfect for the panel. lol

More ‘American Idol’ Judge Rumors: Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey Top of the List; Steven Tyler Pressured to Quit (UPDATE) | Jason the Gleek

Miley would be better than people think. she doesn't care what people think. but they really do need some type of executive on the panel, like simon.
Becca

nccountrygal

Okay I can honestly say I would rather poke myself in the eye than see Miley on the panel. I would quit watching it. I don't dislike her as a person, but seriously? That was harsh, but true.

lol! Yeah I have to say I am not a hugh fan of Miley either and I hope she will not be picked as one of the judges.

Gator

I actually didn't find there to be too much drama amongst the judges the past 2 years. I think that in terms of chemistry on the panel Steven, Jennifer and Randy had the best overall from all the seasons.
There was far more drama on the panel when Simon was around because he was always trying to get on Paula's nerves.
I think the judges' drama was at its worst when Kara was around in seasons 8 and 9. She has a very harsh personality, and it didn't seem to blend well with the panel.
I think the show has always been biased. Right from the beginning, the judges have always had people they favored. The issue in the last two seasons is that the judges have been uneven in their praise. They are over the top with some contestants (Joshua this season, Scotty last season for example) while making others really have to work for it (Hollie this season). They also would critique certain people for things one week, yet praise them for that very thing the next week (Phillip with his changing of melodies).

My comments were not directed only the past two years. My comments are for AI overall. However, your comments are more specific and I am in total agreement. :)

gocountrymusic

More rumors are out!

I was pleasantly surprised with what a good job Miley did when she was a mentor, so I wouldn't mind her being a judge. I really hope they don't choose Adam. He's an incredibly talented singer, but I feel his career was half hype and I'd prefer someone with more experience.

Casper

I could care less who ends up replacing them I don't really watch it anymore unless somebody I like performs on the results show ( Carrie) or some other singer but whoever it is good luck to them...

Mirasa45A

Okay I can honestly say I would rather poke myself in the eye than see Miley on the panel. I would quit watching it. I don't dislike her as a person, but seriously? That was harsh, but true.

I still want Shenia Twain to the judge -- yes, I know she has shows in Las Vegas, but she can always fly from LA to Vegas in 1 hour.

sam_vzla

Honeslty I think they should get people that arent that famous, like some music executive or someone that had a career in music a long time ago. That's what helped Idol at first, no one really knew, maybe just a few people, who Simon, Randy and Paula were. And Ryan wasnt famous either. So the focus was in the contestants. The moment the show became the "judges show" it went down hill.

Or maybe they should just cancel the thing and leave it like that lol.

JB172

I totally agree the show started being biased in Season 1 and it has been like that all 11 seasons.

Pi314CA

Yeah, say it the way you see it. Miley, at 19, with limited experience... NO! I would like to see judges that are past their prime with battle scars so as to help the youngins.

Pi314CA

Honeslty I think they should get people that arent that famous, like some music executive or someone that had a career in music a long time ago. That's what helped Idol at first, no one really knew, maybe just a few people, who Simon, Randy and Paula were. And Ryan wasnt famous either. So the focus was in the contestants. The moment the show became the "judges show" it went down hill.

Or maybe they should just cancel the thing and leave it like that lol.

Good idea. Finish at the top, like M*A*S*H, Happy Days, Seinfeld, etc.

allamericangirl8

People are speculating that Jennifer chose to leave because she didn't want Steven stealing her thunder. Don't know if it's true, but either way, it's a funny rumor.

I actually wouldn't mind Miley Cyrus as a judge. She doesn't give a shat what people think of her, so I don't think she'll be trying to walk a fine line or anything. On the other hand, she's not the best judge of pitch.

Why don't they try for some retired A&R reps?