Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy Carter's Rumblings from the Row: Carrie Fans Mentioned & Brad Duet

teesharky

On the one hand, I am very happy with this article as it mentions a possible Brad Paisley duet! yay! But he kind of takes a dig at us Carrie fans, so I am not liking that part of the article.

I don't know of anyone who called businesses, as he is alleging...so that part seems unfair.

Jimmy Carter's Rumbles From the Row | AllAccess.com

The CARRIE UNDERWOOD fans are a little overzealous. It's one thing getting angry and expressing your opinion, but making calls to businesses and jumping up and down is over the top. No one can control them -- not even CARRIE. It's how she won “IDOL.” Dedicated, over-zealous fans. Hate that she didn't get a deserved ACM Entertainer nomination, but that is over. Calling people to raise hell doesn't accomplish anything but make enemies. Just walk away from that, fans, and work on something else! CARRIE is great and doing greater every week; getting a duet with TONY BENNETT/BRAD PAISLEY is the latest.

Jade_kt

Well it wasn't me.......so I don't know who he is talking about. He probably shouldn't generalize the whole fan base because a few bad apples are over zealous and obnoxious. I think every fanbase has that even Miranda's and Taylor Swift's. Either way, great news about a Carrie/Brad and Carrie/Tony B. duet. Can't wait :D

Claire2004

So there's been people calling on businesses? Didn't know this also. Hope it won't continue, if ever it is indeed happening.
We love Carrie, we all want her to have everything she deserves, but let's go about this the dignified way. The very dignified, respectful blogs from eliefares are perfect examples of how we can express ourselves more effectively.

Edit: And the videos from Liveasong are awesome as well!

Claire2004

Well it wasn't me...hahaha....so I don't know who he is talking about. He probably shouldn't generalize the whole fan base because a few bad apples are over zealous. I think every fanbase has that either Miranda and Taylor Swift. Either way, great news about a Carrie/Brad and Carrie/Tony B. duet :D

Agree. One thing I dislike about Jimmy Carter is his tendency to generalize fanbases.

Jade_kt

Yeah he doesn't talk about the annoying TS fans that come on to Carrie fans to start trouble.....lol. I know not all of them are annoying but the few that are do make me dislike TS even more....lol. So I hope the few bad apples would quit it and stop giving their favorite artist a bad name that includes Carrie fans, Miranda fans, TS fans, etc.

Last edited:

Jade_kt

and what businesses? Is he talking about radio stations???? confused....lol. or like Dunkin Donuts....hahaha.

Jade_kt

It's probably someone posing as a Carrie fan to start trouble like on GAC and CMT and isn't even a Carrie fan...lol.

Gator

I've never heard of any Carrie fan calling anyone. It is possible that it's the same "non-Carrie fans" that were requesting every other song other than MS. Look no further than comments they are leaving on CMT and GAC. Their motive is to diminish Carrie and her fans, period. That's what insecure cowards do -- belittle someone to make some else look better. Thank goodness that Carrie has RESPECT from so many in the industry.

Jade_kt

That would make more sense but I don't see the ACM board as "businesses" unless he's talking about someone calling the board members at their place of business. Then yeah that would be creepy and over the top.

Last edited:

pklongbeach

Frustrating that we read the horrible things that are said about Carrie all the time, and yet support of Carrie is made into a negative soundbite that all of country music will read. Great.
Thanks Jimmy.
And in the same blog you mention ML's selling out a venue (finally) like it is something no ones done all year.
I guess we know what side you bread is buttered on.

teesharky

I've never heard of any Carrie fan calling anyone. It is possible that it's the same "non-Carrie fans" that were requesting every other song other than MS. Look no further than comments they are leaving on CMT and GAC. Their motive is to diminish Carrie and her fans, period. That's what insecure cowards do -- belittle someone to make some else look better. Thank goodness that Carrie has RESPECT from so many in the industry.

agree. I think that is what is happening.

Jade_kt

Carrie fans are known for requesting/voting like crazy online and even talking smack or griping online but not calling businesses (unless it's to request a Carrie song :)) to yell at someone. Must be either a bad apple or a poser imo. Hopefully they quit it. If Jimmy thinks Carrie fans are the only over zealous fan base though he must not be paying attention to the other fanbases or country fanbases. I have seen alot of "crazies" in a bunch of other fanbases not just carrie fans...Just go look at GAC and CMT boards and you can see them out in full force.

Last edited:

kewlie78189

wow he should not be saying that about all Carrie Fans...Who is supposedly doing what? and who are people calling...are they talking about the radio station thing in Ottawa?

Gator

Think about it, calling -- really??!! That is so 1990s! Carrie fans are so much more sophisticated than that. They should know that we use Social Media! :p