Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy Carter's Rumblings from the Row: Carrie Fans Mentioned & Brad Duet

Jade_kt

Hopefully Jimmy isn't exaggerating or pulling our legs about the Brad/Carrie duet otherwise I would be really bummed. But I'll take his word on it since he is right about the Tony B/Carrie duet :)

Jade_kt

Fans will be fans. Jimmy Carter should realize that we're the true machines of the music industry.

Agree. We are the ones going out and buying the albums, going to the concerts, voting/requesting songs like crazy to support our favorites. That takes alot of dedication and a loyal fanbase mixed w/ a couple "crazies" thrown in there...lol. If you are not passionate about something why bother being a fan but calling a business is over the top and tacky imo. I wouldn't have done that. I would have just griped on here like normal Carrie fans do..lol.

Last edited:

CarrieFan_01

LOL, Jimmy Carter obviously has never had the misfortune of encountering Adam Lambert fans. They are all sorts of crazy. (Not all of 'em, but a lot, lol)

lab

He is probably talking about calling the ACM board and things like that.

GREAT POSSIBILITY!!! Things like calling the office of the NEW "CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., Nashville". MOST PROBABLY these business people complained to Jimmy Carter that because of his article about Carrie, "NOT INCLUDED IN THE NOMINATION OF 2011 ACM ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR", there are some overzealous fans calling their office. This is NOT Carrie's fault. Carrie did not create society or FANDOM AS A FORCE OF NATURE. Of course, MAJORITY OF CARRIE FANS are NOT OVERZEALOUS AWARD-LOVING LOVESICK SWOONER. But, VERY ENTHUSIASTIC SUBSET OF FANS REALLY EXISTS IN ALL FAN BASE!!! And the thing about "SUPERFANS" is that they do not react to the QUALITY OF INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES OF "ANY ARTIST". At least, WE, CARRIE FANS ARE "REACTING" because Carrie is "AN EXTRAORDINARY GREAT VERSATILE VOCALIST/ARTIST/ENTERTAINER" and has "A CRITICALLY AND COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL LIVE CONCERT TOURS, GREAT PERFORMANCES ON TELEVISION SHOWS, etc." What makes an artist stay longer in the music industry is her ABILITY TO ACCUMULATE PEOPLE WHO WOULD SAY that their fandom of you is the most important thing they are doing right now. Carrie INSPIRE enthusiastic SUPERFANS, but, Carrie is, "AN EXTRAORDINARY GREAT VERSATILE ARTIST/ENTERTAINER AND CAN WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME".

epicamends

I tweeted Tony Thomas about the duet rumor - he said he doesn't have an word on it yet, but he'll keep his ears open. :)

cassie2

Staff member
Brad's album has been pushed back till the end of May now, so we still will have await ahead of us. I'm hoping that Randy's is released soon!

teesharky

Brad's album has been pushed back till the end of May now, so we still will have await ahead of us. I'm hoping that Randy's is released soon!

not if Brad releases the 2nd single soon. His current single is at number 3 now, so it could peak in a few weeks. If they release the 2nd single in March, that would be alot of buzz before the new album comes out.

I cannot imagine him waiting for a 2nd single till May. His album would lose all the buzz it got from the lead single.

I pray the Carrie duet is the next single-- because if it is--- it will be released in mid-late March after his current single peaks. **crossing fingers***

If the duet is not the 2nd single, then yes, we have to wait till May. crap. lol

thaifood

If we were being honest, many times there are folks here that are over bearing, over zealous & over protective. I sometimes cringe when reading some of the things that come from these pages.

teesharky

Some dude in another thread said he had a meeting with someone from the ACM's which I thought was hilarious. Anyway .......back to reality. Seriously Jimmy? He's the one who said the label was dissing Carrie, but then he disses the fans? While I do think calling execs just makes you look stalker and creepy I think Jimmy knew all hell was going to break loose when he reported labelgate. JMO I think what he said was 100% legit, but I also think he was trying to stir up a fuss.

I also think Jimmy got a call from someone as well. I doubt anyone really called he's just trying to dig himself out.

Carrie hasn't even mentioned the ACM's so how is she going to control anyone? Guess he has to be talking about us voting for Keith lol j/k

lol "Labelgate" is a great way to phrase what happened. lol

I think Jimmy must have got a call from someone for spilling the beans about labelgate-- lol-- as you said, so maybe he is mad at us fans for whatever reason. It makes no sense--- as it is his own fault for spilling the beans. He should know what will happen! Maybe the label heard how mad we are, and Jimmy got backlash. Who knows. lol

All I did was tweet the sony twitter account liveasong's video, to make them feel guilty. lol I would never call them. That is pointless. What are they going to say? "Sorry for screwing over Carrie?" lol. They will never ever admit what they did. ever.

Jade_kt

If we were being honest, many times there are folks here that are over bearing, over zealous & over protective. I sometimes cringe when reading some of the things that come from these pages.

Yes some of the comments on here make me cringe too and can be exhausting but it makes for interesting reading at least. Lately I have been enjoying watching Mike's games though since it's alot more enjoyable and fun/relaxed and has less anst in those threads.

HuiZ

LOL, Jimmy Carter obviously has never had the misfortune of encountering Adam Lambert fans. They are all sorts of crazy. (Not all of 'em, but a lot, lol)
Haha MTE. Carrie fans are mild compared to some of them lol.

That said, if there are people who actually called up whatever places to complain, that's wayyyy over the top IMO.

teesharky

The Justin Bieber fans totally attacked Esperanza Spalding or whatever her name is for beating him at the Grammys for BNA. lol They went after her wiki page and totally messed with it, sending her death threats and hate messages. lol

Jade_kt

The Justin Bieber fans totally attacked Esperanza Spalding or whatever her name is for beating him at the Grammys for BNA. lol They went after her wiki page and totally messed with it, sending her death threats and hate messages. lol

Yeah now that is definitely crazy.

Claire2004

Now that is disturbing. Didn't they threaten Selena Gomez also for being the rumored girlfriend of Biebs?

lab

lol "Labelgate" is a great way to phrase what happened. lol

I think Jimmy must have got a call from someone for spilling the beans about labelgate-- lol-- as you said, so maybe he is mad at us fans for whatever reason. It makes no sense--- as it is his own fault for spilling the beans. He should know what will happen! Maybe the label heard how mad we are, and Jimmy got backlash. Who knows. lol

All I did was tweet the sony twitter account liveasong's video, to make them feel guilty. lol I would never call them. That is pointless. What are they going to say? "Sorry for screwing over Carrie?" lol. They will never ever admit what they did. ever.

Tweeting liveasong's video is A FANTASTIC JOB and showing it to other web site. That is A VERY WELL CRAFTED VIDEO!!! A LIVING PROOF OF CARRIE'S TOTAL DEDICATION AND PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE AS "A VERSATILE ARTIST"!!!

HuiZ

Oh yes, how can I forget the Beliebers. lol

wonton

I think I've said this before, but I think a Carrie/Brad duet album would not be a terrible thing.

Last time we got Oh Love, which I actually really like, but I want a single on the radio. Carrie + Brad = pure gold

JB172

Seeing things that does get posted on here is why I would not be surprised at all if it did happen.