Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[July 4 , 2018] Carrie to perform at Spotify's Hot Country Live

I was at this show - her voice was incredible and everything about the night was amazing!

I also met her, and she said she did know that Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande was originally written for her, but that no one had ever sent it to her.

How long did you spend with her?I know of one fan that spent close to 5 minutes with her but I was just wondering how long you were able to spend with her.Not to be nosy,but we’re you the only person that got to meet with her or were there other people there that got to meet her?I’ve always wanted to meet her & I would be so nervous if I ever got to meet her!!So Jealous that you got to meet & talk with her!!I always wondered if she knew about Dangerous Woman but now we know that she did know,it’s crazy to think that she knew but nobody ever sent it to her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounded a LOT different than she did at the last event. That actually may have been her best vocal on "Cry Pretty," but I'll have to wait til I hear it on TV.

She sounded A LOT better than she did in Atlantic City!!No flat notes,she was able to do the head voice on Cry Pretty(which is my favorite part in the song!)no off key notes & she hit all of the high notes so effortlessly in all of her songs!!All of her vocals on CP have been pretty incredible,but this has to be one of her best vocals on the song by far!!Was this supposed to be on TV or was the song filmed for something else?

kelanob

How long did you spend with her?I know of one fan that spent close to 5 minutes with her but I was just wondering how long you were able to spend with her.Not to be nosy,but we’re you the only person that got to meet with her or were there other people there that got to meet her?I’ve always wanted to meet her & I would be so nervous if I ever got to meet her!!So Jealous that you got to meet & talk with her!!I always wondered if she knew about Dangerous Woman but now we know that she did know,it’s crazy to think that she knew but nobody ever sent it to her!!

My guess is that she knew after the writer did the interview about it, when we all found out as well - that was the impression I got. I was only in the space for about a minute. It was I think 13 of us meeting her, and I was third in line so I am sure I would've been able to talk to her a little more if I had been towards the back. But it was HOT, and she was a little late as well so I don't think many people got a ton of time with her. She is very pleasant in person and this all happened maybe 45 minutes before she was due to go on.

Countryfan2448

If Dangerous Women was for Carrie then why didn't Sony sent to her? Sony just made someone use it without permission (It was Carrie's song).. Sad.

Kingwood High School

@HumbleISD_KHS
6h
6 hours ago

More
Everyone that was watching Carrie Underwood at the NYC 4th of July Celebration surely noticed Kingwood '04 grad Matt Reviere on guitar behind her, right? Matt has been with Scotty McCreery and most recently the Band Perry. He's a great guy and we're so proud of him.
DhWoZm8U0AArxd1.jpg

Countryfan2448

Scott Sheriff

@ScottSheriff
19h
19 hours ago

More
Had a blast rocking Pier 17 rooftop tonight with @carrieunderwood one of the coolest venues we’ve ever played. Happy Independence Day to everyone! Hope to see you on the road soon!! @… https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1bY-MhH4O/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1mn2sviu6csrt

K•O•B

@heykelan
36m
36 minutes ago

More
It was amazing seeing and meeting @carrieunderwood last night at the @Spotify Hot Country event at Pier 17!
DhX2i9HXcAA-znU.jpg

billboard

Verified account

@billboard: Carrie Underwood lights up Spotify Hot Country Live show on 4th of July Redirecting...
DhXsepKX0AApLhJ.jpg

If Dangerous Women was for Carrie then why didn't Sony sent to her? Sony just made someone use it without permission (It was Carrie's song).. Sad.

I think the song was written with the intention of giving it to her but if I remember correctly,they must’ve felt Ariana could do the song justice so they gave it to her instead of Carrie.Not that this means anything,but I just don’t know if Carrie’s voice would’ve sounded right on that song,to be honest.I personally think and if I’m wrong someone could correct me,I just don’t think that was her song to begin with.Maybe Sony didn’t feel the song was right for Carrie or that she wouldn’t sound right on the song.I just have no idea how Sony would’ve made someone use it without permission.We probably have no idea on how any of that stuff works with record labels to begin with.

Countryfan2448

TheCountryScene.com

@country_scene
4h
4 hours ago

More
Can we please spend every 4th of July on a NYC rooftop with @carrieunderwood?! Such an amazing performance last night - Carrie brought some serious fireworks to the brand new @Pier17NY stage. #HotCountry #HotCountryLive
DhYCI4zXUAYm6xF.jpg

txacar

I think the song was written with the intention of giving it to her but if I remember correctly,they must’ve felt Ariana could do the song justice so they gave it to her instead of Carrie.Not that this means anything,but I just don’t know if Carrie’s voice would’ve sounded right on that song,to be honest.I personally think and if I’m wrong someone could correct me,I just don’t think that was her song to begin with.Maybe Sony didn’t feel the song was right for Carrie or that she wouldn’t sound right on the song.I just have no idea how Sony would’ve made someone use it without permission.We probably have no idea on how any of that stuff works with record labels to begin with.

They said it was written with Carrie in mind, but it sounds as though they were concentrating on pop singers. Knowing how Carrie feels about country music, I wonder if they even pitched it to her.

""Dangerous Woman" was written and produced by Johan Carlsson and Ross Golan, with additional writing from Max Martin.[SUP][12][/SUP] In an interview with CBS This Morning, songwriter Ross Golan revealed that the track was initially written with Carrie Underwood in mind, and was also pitched to Alicia Keys and Rihanna. The song was ultimately given to Grande because Golan felt that she really cared for the songwriters and would do the song justice."

kelanob

BHC was written with Gretchen Wilson in mine. I figure this happens frequently.

It does happen frequently, though I believe the difference between BHC and DW is that Gretchen Wilson turned down BHC (as one poster said), but it seems like with DW, they happened to show it to Ariana who said, "let me try this out and if you don't like it that's fine," and that's how it came to be included in her era. In no way am I saying that Carrie was wronged by not being sent this song, I just would really like to hear a cover of it.

If anyone has a decent Carrie following on Twitter, maybe y'all could post a tweet for people to retweet about Carrie covering it. I mentioned it in my meet and greet so maybe we can speak it into existence!

FanSince04

It does happen frequently, though I believe the difference between BHC and DW is that Gretchen Wilson turned down BHC (as one poster said), but it seems like with DW, they happened to show it to Ariana who said, "let me try this out and if you don't like it that's fine," and that's how it came to be included in her era. In no way am I saying that Carrie was wronged by not being sent this song, I just would really like to hear a cover of it.

If anyone has a decent Carrie following on Twitter, maybe y'all could post a tweet for people to retweet about Carrie covering it. I mentioned it in my meet and greet so maybe we can speak it into existence!

I don’t do twitter anymore. I should bring my account back to just post it hahaha and tag Carrie Underwood. In 2013, I tweeted about her Blown Away: Live CD and Carrie replied to me! That was an awestruck moment for me, but maybe I could do it again hahaha.

Kizmet311

Well, Carrie follows Tee, so she probably sees things that Tee retweets. Maybe not everything depending on how much she's on Twitter, but she definitely sees some of it.

They said it was written with Carrie in mind, but it sounds as though they were concentrating on pop singers. Knowing how Carrie feels about country music, I wonder if they even pitched it to her.

""Dangerous Woman" was written and produced by Johan Carlsson and Ross Golan, with additional writing from Max Martin.[SUP][12][/SUP] In an interview with CBS This Morning, songwriter Ross Golan revealed that the track was initially written with Carrie Underwood in mind, and was also pitched to Alicia Keys and Rihanna. The song was ultimately given to Grande because Golan felt that she really cared for the songwriters and would do the song justice."

That was kind of my thought when I heard that it had been written for Carrie but she said that she never really had anything sent to her after that songwriter had said that the song was written with her in mind but it ultimately went to Ariana because she cared for the songwriters & they thought she would do the song justice & I personally think that she did the song justice because I thought her voice sounded amazing on it.Knowing Carrie’s love & loyalty to country music,maybe that’s why they never really pitched the song to her.We all know that Carrie can switch between genres with her voice pretty effortlessly,but we all know her heart lies with country music.