Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson Forms female trio "Already Famous"

carriecountrystar

huh, I find this interesting as well.

wonder why kelly would care to make a trio while she's a star in her own right. usually groups are formed when one or another cannot make it on their own but can be powerful when combined.

IMO, the magic is with Kelly. She has that charisma and commanding power as an artist.
guess this trio is just a "side project"?

thaifood

At the risk of pissing some folks off...Kelly has been living on past glories & duets with current Country stars for quite some time now. When was the last time she has done something special as Kelly Clarkson instead of Reba or Jason's partner. It all seems rather contrived to me.

Carrieflattsfan

huh, I find this interesting as well.

wonder why kelly would care to make a trio while she's a star in her own right. usually groups are formed when one or another cannot make it on their own but can be powerful when combined.

IMO, the magic is with Kelly. She has that charisma and commanding power as an artist.
guess this trio is just a "side project"?

Someone over at Pulse linked to this post on her Facebook, confirming her solo album is finished.

PS I record my last song on the 25th of this month and then we will be releasing the album! This album was influenced by Prince, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Radiohead and there's a little bit of a Country vibe/influence on a couple of songs.

Kelly also confirmed Howard Benson's involvement:

RT @brunny_: @kelly_clarkson new album, how it's going? can't wait 2 hear it :D I'm about 2 go record w/ Howard Benson again, super pumped!

Kelly Clarkson Promises New Single In September - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

If you're a KC fan, check out her Pulse thread. Lots of great info about the next album.

Pulse Music Board - Kelly Clarkson - 5th Album

AdamJ

At the risk of pissing some folks off...Kelly has been living on past glories & duets with current Country stars for quite some time now. When was the last time she has done something special as Kelly Clarkson instead of Reba or Jason's partner. It all seems rather contrived to me.

I am a Kelly fan also but Carie is WAY above anyone else in my opinion. I think Kelly has not been in the spotlight for quite some time as a solo artist---and agree that the only time you hear about her is her duets with Reba and Jason. I like her pop sound and I don't think I will be such a fan if she goes country. It is annoying that when a pop/rock star is not making it in their genre they try going country with the old statement that they have always wanted to make a country album and that their roots are country. Man, if that was the truth--then why didn't they get into country in the first place. ANNOYING AND LAME.

hjj

Kelly has always like country and think it is natural she would want to capitalize on her country fans from her Reba and Jason connections. However if her ideal of country sounding is anything like DYWTS than it will be a miss since that is clearly a pop song.

bigbluegrl23

Oh whatever Kelly's been singing country since she was little. It's only annoying if the artist isn't country at all, but that's not the case with Kelly. No need to compare Kelly and Carrie. CU doesn't have anything to do with this. Let's just suppose they go country. It would be a cool shake up @ the awards if both Miranda and Kelly's bands do well.

I agree, Carrie didnt need to enter this convo. Kelly going country, and not saying she's going to, but if she did, it wouldnt even compare to the likes of say jessica simpson lol. Kelly's love for the genre is so obvious like carrie's. and at least she can sing and is from Texas haha... not saying being from texas automatically makes you a country singer but still haha
becca T

bigbluegrl23

Kelly has always like country and think it is natural she would want to capitalize on her country fans from her Reba and Jason connections. However if her ideal of country sounding is anything like DYWTS than it will be a miss since that is clearly a pop song.

so is Just a Kiss haha. still gets played on country stations. its not like carrie's music is tradish lol
becca T

allamericangirl8

My laptop's being slow, so I can't read the article. Are the other two in her trio in fact already famous? And will it be a pop trio? Kelly's voice is really interesting. It mixes well with lots of other voices. This could be a way to satisfy everybody and herself at once. Maybe she'll do her more experimental stuff with the trio (a la My December) and do the more commercial stuff on her solo album or vice versa. I think that'd be a great solution, even though I loved that she was willing to release whatever she wanted to. I kinda think it'd be fun to see her reinvent herself and put out an out-there album.

I hope her new album has more songs like "Addicted." I think that's one of the best pop songs out there.

AdamJ

Oh whatever Kelly's been singing country since she was little. It's only annoying if the artist isn't country at all, but that's not the case with Kelly. No need to compare Kelly and Carrie. CU doesn't have anything to do with this. Let's just suppose they go country. It would be a cool shake up @ the awards if both Miranda and Kelly's bands do well.

Hey, I was not dissing Kelly or comparing the 2. Guess I just did not word it right. I am a Kelly fan---but---I am a Carrie fan first and always. ----and of course I think Carrie is the best. I still think Kelly has not done well in pop lately and would like to get into country and if she has loved country music and has been singing country since she was little why didn't she go into country? She was pop on Idol and way before that. I love her pop music and hope her new album does well and I will buy it. It is difficult to be in the pop world now because it is not so much about the vocals/music as it is about taking almost all of your clothes off and I can not see Kelly doing that at all.

allamericangirl8

Hey, I was not dissing Kelly or comparing the 2. Guess I just did not word it right. I am a Kelly fan---but---I am a Carrie fan first and always. ----and of course I think Carrie is the best. I still think Kelly has not done well in pop lately and would like to get into country and if she has loved country music and has been singing country since she was little why didn't she go into country? She was pop on Idol and way before that. I love her pop music and hope her new album does well and I will buy it. It is difficult to be in the pop world now because it is not so much about the vocals/music as it is about taking almost all of your clothes off and I can not see Kelly doing that at all.

When I was little, I used to listen to a ton of country music, yet I wanted to be a pop singer when I grow up.

Wasn't AI taken from the English show Pop Idol? I was kind of little when AI first came out, but I distinctly remember the advertisements saying they were looking for the next pop superstar. Sure, she could've gone to country, but I don't think it was really in the cards at that point.

Just some food for thought. I don't know why Kelly went to pop instead of country. Maybe at that point in time she preferred country to pop, but she had this random epiphany. Who knows? I started listening to country when I was little, and then I stopped for, like, five years (a long time when you're just a teenager :p), and I only got into it again because of Carrie. <shrugs> I don't want you to think I'm attacking you or anything, but we really don't know, unfortunately. There are a lot of reasons why Kelly could've chosen pop over country, I think.

Carrieflattsfan

I don't think we have to worry about Kelly going country anytime soon.

As a (very) casual Kelly fan, even I know enough about her to know she loves country music and is influenced by it, but has no interest in being a full-time country artist.

Kelly herself has said in several interviews even though she loves country music, that's not who she wants to be. It's OK to be influenced by other artists and genres of music without ever wanting to be in the genre. That's like us saying Carrie must want to be a rock artist because she loves to cover Motley Crue and Guns N' Roses.

I know it's common for other artists to jump into country music, but you have to do barely any research to realize it's not Kelly's intention to barge into country music.

If she expresses her love of country music through covers at her concerts & occasional duets with country artists, I don't see anything wrong with that.
She's good friends with Reba & only dabbled into country music because her other partners (Jason & Rascal Flatts) asked HER to sing with them. If they ask & she accepts that's different than suddenly deciding she wants to "go country," IMO.

Looking at the way Kelly has fought her label to release the kind of music she wants, I doubt she would just decide to jump into country music. She seems like an artist who has way too much integrity and pride invested into what she does to ever walk away from that.

That's great that she has such a love and respect for country music, but I also respect her for not wanting to go into country music because that's not what she intended, coming into the business as a pop artist. I think she realizes that and wouldn't use country music as a cash cow for her own benefit.

hjj

I believe the trio makes along w/ herself and her two background singers. It may be interesting to see what they come up w/ together.

maria4hitz

The trio is with her back up singers, Jill and Kate. They're best friends, they write songs together, they LOVE (at least kelly loves) doing harmonies, it was a natural thing. Jill and Kate are a duet and they met kelly in 2006 I think at a meet and greet, they gave kelly a cd with their songs and she hired them, now they even live together. J&K used to post a new song on youtube every 17th and one of the first times kelly appeared was when they covered The Climb
They don't sing country. It's very singer-songwriter stuff. They posted a sneak peak on twitter yfrog Video : http://yfrog.com/0srodaz - Uploaded by AlreadyFamous3

pklongbeach

This is old news anyway.
This vid is like 2 years old isn't it? At least a year.
It sounds great. And I respect that Kelly is an organic kind of singer who is just looking for good projects and good material to be a part of.
OF course I have always considered Kellys dipping into country as a threat to Carrie. And have not liked it (even though her contributions are always flawless).
But when you are as talented as she is it is hard not to respect whatever success she has.
I am just one of those who has followed Carrie from day one and I take her position in country music very seriously and am always aware that she is just one great single by one great singer away from being threatened, and I am just very posessive of that kind of thing.
So though I would never discredit her success in any genre, I would surely hope she would not plan to do a country release as the comparisons to Carrie would be immediate and unignorable (considering they are very similar singers who both came out of AI and have had the largest success as solo divas).
With that said, from all the statements Kelly has made it sounds like she is in the process of making a "pop" album and thats what she wants to do.
So I am thrilled to hear that and can't wait to hear some of the tracks.

maria4hitz

Kelly was asked several times if she'd record a full country album (considering all the colaborations she's done) and every time kelly said no. She grew up listening to country music, she's covered many country songs on tour, and of course she loves it, but doing just one type of music on a record is not what she likes to do. I'm sure in her next album there'll be a country influenced song, some soulful stuff maybe, pop/rock, but it'll be definitely pop. At least judging by the leaked songs it'll be very pop.

HuiZ

I know Kelly loves country and I don't really mind if she ever goes country........ but idk, maybe because the Kelly voice I know has always been pop/rock. I just don't hear anything country in her tone/voice.... at all.
For me, she pretty much turned the duet with Jason Aldean into a full-fledged Pop/HAC song.

The trio is with her back up singers, Jill and Kate. They're best friends, they write songs together, they LOVE (at least kelly loves) doing harmonies, it was a natural thing. Jill and Kate are a duet and they met kelly in 2006 I think at a meet and greet, they gave kelly a cd with their songs and she hired them, now they even live together. J&K used to post a new song on youtube every 17th and one of the first times kelly appeared was when they covered The Climb
Thanks for this. When I first read the news of Kelly forming a trio, my first thought was this video. I remember thinking it was an absolutely gorgeous version! (totally killed Miley's)

DizzyDollyDee

I have always really liked Kelly and have missed her. Glad to see she is trying to get something new started! Hope it works for her.