Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Name Hits 1,000,000 downloads!

teesharky

That is great news about Last Name! but how rude to compare Carrie to SWSRN like that just to trash her.

If Carrie were a pop star, she would have more platinum singles too, like Taylor. Taylor is pop, not country, and pop singers sell many more digital downloads then country stars.

teesharky

And Carrie doesn't have to remix her songs to pop radio to do it. That gives SWSRN a very unfair advantage.

undrwood9098

That's awesome! I was just wondering (and trying to research) this today, so great catch! :)

And all those statistics look right for the other 5 Platinum/Multi-Platinum songs, so I believe the LN stats!

teesharky

It says AAG has sold 1,327,000, it says undo it has sold 1,011,000

The numbers are accurate. They list Undo It as selling 1,011,000. It is AAG that sold 1,327,00.

Underwood's six million-sellers are "Before He Cheats" (3,158,000), "Jesus, Take The Wheel" (1,783,000), "Cowboy Casanova" (1,583,000), "All-American Girl" (1,327,000), "Undo It" (1,011,000) and "Last Name" (1,003,000).

So each of Carrie's albums has now produced 2 platinum singles. Very nice.

^They do!!! I think WCIS could hit 2,000,000 or more, its that good. I think JAD will be the next one to hit 1,000,000 wasn't it higher before Christmas?

carrieidol1

The next in line are "So Small" and "Just A Dream".

This is something I posted at Pulse a short time ago:

This was back in December so they're all a tad closer but, here is the latest:

Just A Dream: 914,000
Last Name: 981,000
So Small: 908,000

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/....nloads-triple/1

A month later having had Christmas sales/ Holiday Sales, Gift card redemptions, etc... I'd say "Last Name" is extremely close, probably within 10,000. "Just A Dream" and "So Small" are probably in the 920,000-940,000 range. However, eventually I see them all going platinum. By the end of 2011, I think the three listed above will be at, or VERY close to 1 million.

So in mid December "Last Name" was 19,000 away from platinum and it took approximately 5-6 weeks for it to sell 22,000 copies (3 past 1 million). Assuming "JAD" and "SS" are selling at similar rates, I'd say they'd cross platinum sometime late this year.

Based on LN's sales, I'd predict that SS is at approximately 925,000, and JAD at about 930,000.

Nevertheless, they'll eventually sell to platinum status.

undrwood9098

Sales data:

Just a Dream - 914K as of December 2010
So Small - 908K as of November 2010
I Told You So - 784K as of September 2010
Temporary Home - 656K as of this week
Wasted - 615K as of January 2010 -- there HAS to be a more recent update for this one...
Inside Your Heaven - 392K as of September 2010
Don't Forget To Remember Me - 370K as of September 2010
Mama's Song - 354K as of this week

So at this point, CR is looking to be producing 4 Platinum singles of 5 possible. :)

teesharky

Sales data:

Just a Dream - 914K as of December 2010
So Small - 908K as of November 2010
I Told You So - 784K as of September 2010
Temporary Home - 656K as of this week
Wasted - 615K as of January 2010 -- there HAS to be a more recent update for this one...
Don't Forget To Remember Me - 370K as of September 2010
Mama's Song - 354K as of this week

So at this point, CR is looking to be producing 4 Platinum singles of 5 possible. :)

Interesting that both songs about Mama's, MS and DFTRM, sold almost the same number of copies, and also sold the least amount any Carrie song. lol I think they need to retire this theme and move on. lol I always thought they were a little similar to each other in some ways...but I do prefer DFTRM. Some people on twitter thought it was the same song and got confused. lol They said Carrie performed MS on American Idol, but it was DFTRM. lol

sam_vzla

That is great news about Last Name! but how rude to compare Carrie to SWSRN like that just to trash her.

If Carrie were a pop star, she would have more platinum singles too, like Taylor. Taylor is pop, not country, and pop singers sell many more digital downloads then country stars.

Yeah I dont see the necessity of bringing Carrie, but thanks to that we found out about Last Name, so I dont care lol.

I think the RIAA website do the updates on Thursdays, so maybe we can have a official proof tomorrow.

pklongbeach

Great news.
6 million sellers is fantastic in any book.
I don't think country consumers download nearly as much as pop.
So much pop stuff is so disposible, people are constantly downloading and dumping. Or downloading for no good reason.
So for a country act to do as well as Carrie is means she is still very much in the mainstream.
I wish those damn program directors would see that her product would do equally well at pop.
CC would have murdered.