Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

Pi314CA

From the RIAA website:

Artist Title Release Date Certification Date Label Type Award Description Format Category

UNDERWOOD, CARRIE GOOD GIRL February 24, 2012 June 13, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Digital PLATINUM SINGLE SOLO

UNDERWOOD, CARRIE BLOWN AWAY May 01, 2012 June 05, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Standard GOLD ALBUM SOLO

UNDERWOOD, CARRIE MAMA'S SONG October 13, 2009 May 31, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Digital GOLD SINGLE SOLO

Ann055

I'm happy Mama's Song is Gold. That song is very personal and important to Carrie and I'm very happy for her.

supercarriefan

Awesome! Great to see MS get a gold certification, and it's amazing that BA is already gold with GG already being platinum. Carrie is on fire this era...let's keep the certifications coming lol.

sco

Awesome! Great to see MS get a gold certification, and it's amazing that BA is already gold with GG already being platinum. Carrie is on fire this era...let's keep the certifications coming lol.

The gold certification is for the album not the single. I've never understood the Mamas Song hatred around here. It's one of my favorites so I'm really glad to see it go gold

teesharky

Very happy Mamas Song hit gold. Now every carrie single hit gold or platinum except DFTRM. Is that one close to gold at least?

supercarriefan

The gold certification is for the album not the single. I've never understood the Mamas Song hatred around here. It's one of my favorites so I'm really glad to see it go gold

I know :). I guess I should have made it a bit more clear in my post.

Louisa

Carrie Underwood, 'Good Girl' Single Is Certified Platinum

Carrie Underwood, 'Good Girl' Single Is Certified Platinum - The Boot

For the tenth time in her career, Carrie Underwood has earned platinum (million-selling) status with one of her singles. "Good Girl," the first release from her smash album, Blown Away, has been certified platinum by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for registering more than one million digital downloads. With the latest certification, Carrie has had 10 of her singles achieve platinum or multi-platinum status.

In addition to the first single's success, when it was released last month, Blown Away scored country music's best-selling digital-album debut since 2010 and made history by bowing at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums sales chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at the top spot. With a No. 1 debut on the multi-genre Billboard 200 chart as well, Carrie is only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1.

Last week, "Good Girl" was crowned Video of the Year at the CMT Music Awards, and Carrie and Brad Paisley earned a buckle for Collaborative Video of the Year (for "Remind Me"). Carrie is currently vying for Choice Female Country Artist at the 14th Annual Teen Choice Awards which airs Sunday, July 22 at 8:00 PM ET on FOX. Fans ages 13-19 can vote once each day per category for their favorite nominees.

Next week, Carrie will head overseas for the UK launch of her Blown Away album and to perform a sold-out show at London's Royal Albert Hall on June 21. Then, it's off to Australia for five shows, including a sold-out performance at the iconic Sydney Opera House on July 2. Keep track of Carrie's tour schedule here.

Pi314CA

It was at 403k 8 months ago lol Only going to see that gold certification in 3 years.

I think DFTRM will pass the 500k mark in may/june/july 2013.

MS sold 58k in 8 months to get to Gold. If DFTRM sold at half the rate of MS, then it sold 29k in the last 8 months. To get to 500k, DFTRM needs 500-403-29=68k. Using the same rate of 29k/8 mo, it takes about 19 more months... so in Jan/Feb 2014.

The Nanook

MS sold 58k in 8 months to get to Gold. If DFTRM sold at half the rate of MS, then it sold 29k in the last 8 months. To get to 500k, DFTRM needs 500-403-29=68k. Using the same rate of 29k/8 mo, it takes about 19 more months... so in Jan/Feb 2014.

And that's only if DFTRM consistently sells that much for the next 2 years. I don't think Carrie has sung DFTRM live at all the past few years and I doubt she will anytime soon either, so DFTRM will probably sell less with each passing month and might not get Gold until mid 2014 or so. Or Carrie might get a lot of new fans from a hit single, performance, or her work overseas or something which would probably help sales of her older songs.

Pi314CA

And that's only if DFTRM consistently sells that much for the next 2 years. I don't think Carrie has sung DFTRM live at all the past few years and I doubt she will anytime soon either, so DFTRM will probably sell less with each passing month and might not get Gold until mid 2014 or so. Or Carrie might get a lot of new fans from a hit single, performance, or her work overseas or something which would probably help sales of her older songs.

Agree. I made a bunch of assumptions. MS sold about 1600/week in the past 8 months. Perhaps even assuming DFTRM selling 800/week is too high. Don't know.

It would be nice if an Idol contestant perform DFTRM or that it is covered on Glee or something. I've even thought about gifting this to Carrie fans and friends on a relatively large scale, especially ones that are going off to college this fall.

bs63093

You guys never know, what if someone ends up singing it on idol, xfactor etc these next seasons :D then it'll sel around 3k for a few weeks lol!