Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

PRGuy79

I am surprised by Love Wins and the inclusion, and continued to be mystified by the omission of Dirty Laundry. It seems like it would be in everyone's best interests to certify Dirty Laundry (Sony, Carrie, Universal, songwriters, publishers - all would reap benefits). And if Love Wins crosses the threshold, then there is no way that Dirty Laundry wouldn't.

Countryfan2448

From RIAA twitter feed
EE6uLJlWwAEpC0z
EE6hneAX4AE89BM

teesharky

Nice. Hoping for the album to be Platinum
soon. It’s over 800k with streams and sales by now. Getting close.

Pi314CA

Perhaps this is posted somewhere else...

Southbound was certified Gold on Dec 13, 2019. WTG Carrie!

Daraebe

“Before He Cheats” - 6x Platinum
“Blown Away” (single) - 4x Platinum
“Cowboy Casanova” - 3x Platinum
“Just a Dream” - 2x Platinum
“Undo It” - 2x Platinum
“Church Bells” - Platinum
“Dirty Laundry” - Platinum
“Heartbeat” - Platinum
“Mama’s Song” - Platinum
“Smoke Break” - Platinum
“How Great Thou Art” - Gold

“Blown Away” (album) - 3x Platinum

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=carrie+underwood#search_section

quincyeyes

So THRILLED that they updated her certifications! I really wondered if that would ever be done for music she made while with Arista. It is a beautiful sight to behold. I think that means other than the Cry Pretty singles almost all of her singles are certified platinum now (except for DFTRM and LTG).

I was just noticing last night that the music videos for Dirty Laundry and Church Bells are still going strong. The Church Bells music video passed See You Again a couple of months ago (I think - can't find the date) and is now about 650,000 views ahead of it and only around 300,000 views away from passing the Blown Away video. Dirty Laundry passed Good Girl and Cowboy Casanova and has almost reached 36 million views. I'm just interested in this because it always seemed to me like these two songs were more popular than they were or are given credit for.

I just randomly discovered this because of a tweet today by chart data but the certifications say the 23rd. Isn't this the kind of news her team could tweet out? Maybe I'm just overly excited about it.

Last edited:

tgbrinker

So exciting! I love RIAA updates! Kind of shocked Dirty Laundry made it to Platinum before Little Toys Guns.

Some of the Carrie-fan accounts on twitter and instagram should promote streaming parties for Inside Your Heaven, Don't Forget to Remember Me, Little Toy Guns, and all the Cry Pretty singles so we can get them all to Platinum in the US eventually : )

teesharky

This is great!! Finally some updates!!

“Undo It” - 2x Platinum
“Heartbeat” - Platinum
“Mama’s Song” - Platinum
“Smoke Break” - Platinum

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=carrie+underwood#search_section

PRGuy79

“Undo It” - 2x Platinum
“Heartbeat” - Platinum
“Mama’s Song” - Platinum
“Smoke Break” - Platinum

Wonderful news! I am thrilled to see these long-awaited updates. I look for Universal to issue a news release heralding her new career totals soon. It would be awesome to see her bio updated to include the new totals, too.

carrieidol1

Anyone know where the “Cry Pretty” singles stand in terms of total units? Are any of them getting close to Platinum? Kinda hard to find current data on this. I know CP, LW, and Southbound are Gold, but I would think CP considering its big start may be another Platinum contender, at least in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC State Carrie Fan

Anyone know where the “Cry Pretty” singles stand in terms of total units? Are any of them getting close to Platinum? Kinda hard to find current data on this. I know CP, LW, and Southbound are Gold, but I would think CP considering its big start may be another Platinum contender, at least in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s hard to find exact numbers because sales numbers are not up to date ever and it’s hard to know exactly how much streaming is being taken into account but I have a list that has all of Carrie’s discography and for the most part it’s pretty accurate. For CP SPS numbers this is what I have:

The Champion - 1 million (already Platinum)
Cry Pretty - 550k (Gold)
Southbound - 330k (Gold)
Love Wins - 300k (Gold)
Drinking Alone - 90k

Unfortunately...it could be awhile lol

marpoe

Hi Guys, I see that Carrie have bunch of new certifications.

ALBUM:
BA is now 3x Platinum

SINGLE:
HGTA gold
MMS platinum
SmB platinum
BA 4X platinum
DL platinum
HB platinum
UI 2X platinum
JAD 2X platinum
CB platium