Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's post our twitter names

Carrieflattsfan

I finally finished following all of you, this thread was a great idea. :)

I had no idea I followed some of you already, but it's always fun to find out and add new people. I've been a member of Twitter for quite awhile, and I tweet about Carrie, country music, and lots of other stuff. Oh yeah, and I should warn y'all Nicole, Tom, Nanny, Molly and I have the most random conversations ever...I hope I/we don't scare you off. Tom is my Dad, Nanny is my Mom and Nicole is my aunt. :p Yeah, we're weird...just ask everyone who follows our conversations. LOL

Carrieflattsfan

I finally finished following all of you, this thread was a great idea. :)

I had no idea I followed some of you already, but it's always fun to find out and add new people. I've been a member of Twitter for quite awhile, and I tweet about Carrie, country music, and lots of other stuff. Oh yeah, and I should warn y'all Nicole, Tom, Nanny, Molly and I have the most random conversations ever...I hope I/we don't scare you off. Tom is my Dad, Nanny is my Mom and Nicole is my aunt. :p Yeah, we're weird...just ask everyone who follows our conversations. LOL

Oh hush Auntie Nicole! :p

carriefan13

I will add all of you later when I get a chance, but here is mine:
Kboyce1

even if Carrie's twitter is just her team, its still exciting to have a new way to spread Carrie News!!!

Louisa

It's always great to talk to Carrie Underwood fans and make new friends. :) Thanks Okies4Carrie for following me back on Twitter. :)

All the best,

- Louisa

carebear4eva

Posted this in another thread about my expectation for Carrie's follower count :

Twitter has 100 million active users, Facebook has 600 million. If you go by that, Carrie would have roughly 1 million followers.

However, a more accurate estimate may be obtained by calculating the Facebook:Twitter ratios for various artists.

Lady GaGa : 48.377/19.653=2.46
Rihanna : 52.071/14.070=3.7
Katy Perry : 40.019/15.459=2.58
SWSRN : 29.003/11.277=2.57
Miranda : 3.104/0.7=4.43

Carrie has 6.5 million fans on Facebook as of this post. If her F:T ratio is as high as Miranda's, she will only gain 1.47 million followers. If it is as low as GaGa's, she will gain 2.46 million followers.

The average appears to be roughly 2.5, which would mean she would get 2.6 million followers.

Of course Facebook and Twitter are very different platforms. Artists whose pages DON'T make regular posts tend to get more fans, because people on Facebook don't "like" pages because they want to receive feeds, they do so rather casually. If that page makes too many posts, they often get ticked off and "unlike" the page. On Twitter, the more active a profile is, the MORE followers it gets, because the people really do want to hear about the artist.

The last factor is that Twitter is VERY US-dominated, while Facebook is completely global. Because Carrie's fan base is primarily US-based, it is likely she will have a very LOW Facebook:Twitter ratio, possibly as low as 2, which could mean roughly 3 million followers, like you said.

Anyway, that's my take. We're at 73,700 followers right now.