Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lori McKenna song "Nobody Knows" made Carrie's album!!

Carrieflattsfan

cole

WOW.

I'm just speechless. That was beautiful.

I don't know what the song is about, can't figure it out, but....it's beautiful.

cole

So this song -- for sure -- made the album!!!

OK - so many big things about this song! It's so completely different from anything Carrie has done, I love the melody, it's really memorable and kind of haunting....it's scary good! Definitely goosebump-worthy material.

I'm still trying to figure out the the subject matter of the song -- "His greatest moments nobody knows". It sounds like a relationship song, but I'm really not sure. Obviously describing a guy. Hmmm...I love it! Its certainly going to be a unique fit on the album. Single material? Possibly. We'll just have to wait to hear Carrie's version....but I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorites on the album!

teesharky

Omg if thissong doesnt make the album i will die!!

Please no one post this demo on the fanclub!! We dont want to ruin it for the album like oklahoma wind.

This is an Adele song through and through and could be a huge hit for carrie!!
It is a beautiful piano ballad like IkYW and i could see carrie playing piano to this on tour! :)

Please let this article be true!!!

It is a love song though but i guess carrie meant no mushy lov e songs? This is not mushy just beautiful.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
To me, the the song is sort of the opposite of Good Girl. The woman in the song is saying that those that are telling her that the man she is with is not good for her are wrong. She is saying that they cannot understand what he really is because the image he portrays in public hides the person he really is underneath. Therefore nobody knows how good he really is for her and to her.

Ok this has to be on "Blown Away", yes it's very Adele-ish and I love it! Also is says "hell" in the song, I wonder if Carrie would change that...anyway the song is awesome!

teesharky

It is definitely about a guy she is dating as she talks about being on fire and other things about a relationship. She admits that she sometimes gives the guy hell and that she has a dark side too etc.

Wow nice mature lyrics and much deeper emotionally then carrie has gone before in relationship songs other then IKYW.

Love this!!

Talk about artistic growth and maturity! The critics will love this song.

Suellen

Carrie mentioned once that she heard a song that gave her the chills -- I wonder if this could be the song.

cole

To me, the the song is sort of the opposite of Good Girl. The woman in the song is saying that those that are telling her that the man she is with is not good for her are wrong. She is saying that they cannot understand what he really is because the image he portrays in public hides the person he really is underneath. Therefore nobody knows how good he really is for her and to her.

Thanks for your interpretation! I was having trouble grasping the concept of the song. But this makes sense. The guy is afraid to show his vulnerable side, and only she sees it when they are in private. Awww, that's kind of sweet! :eek: But it's also sort of a melancholy, forlorn tune too. And Carrie of course is going to give it a heartfelt performance, as always!!

This kind of subject matter is kind of new for her, I guess. I can't recall a song of hers dealing with something like this. Everyone should give this a listen; definitely the best demo we've heard from the album, even better than Leave Love Alone. And the singer does a great job; I love her voice!

I'm more in love with this album every day; I CANNOT WAIT til May 1!!!

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I will say that if this song is representative of the quality of the songs on Blown Away, then this album will be a masterpiece.

Cps235

Wow! I am blown away! This song is perfect for the album! I hope the song makes it on the album! Thanks for the find :)

This song is really great! I can't wait to hear Carrie's version of it, it'll be beautiful. I love how emotional the lyrics are, and I know this has already been said but it really does give me an Adele vibe. Thank you so much for posting this!