Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martina McBride: It Would Be Fantastic To Duet With Carrie Underwood

DaisyTweets

Really??? Do tell. I am not aware of this.

This actually makes me very happy. I like her and respect her talent very much and was scared to death when Teenage Daughter came out that she would ruin her reputation for ever!

I would much rather she do independant stuff and have it sell well enough to afford a lifestyle and a future project, than be subjected to the stuff we heard and saw in the last 2 years.

And knowing this, I might actually go on itunes and have a listen.
That is how much against BM I am. I have a complete distaste for anything that comes out of there.
I don't believe there was ever was any announcement but I'm pretty sure it happened after her last album tanked. So what was that maybe 2011 or early 2012?

Guess I'm not surprised as I never really thought that it was a good fit for her but I think it came about because Martina's prior label and her were going to part ways. I believe she signed with BM right around the time that she switched management representation and it also right around the time that Trisha was on a BM label. Maybe both Martina and BM thought they could revive her stalled career and record sales???

DaisyTweets

Side note. The next time someone here thinks Carrie should jump labels, just remember this. Jumping labels is very risky.
This might be a true general statement BUT Carrie and Martina are at two entirely different places and level of success. Martina has never and never will be as successful or popular as Carrie. Martina hasn't ever had the resume and career stats that Carrie has. Martina never has had obvious EOTY stats and been overlooked and snubbed with nominations like Carrie.

pklongbeach

Yeah, first Reba, then Jason, then Keith, and in between...Vince Gill. Have I forgotten any?

Now that I see it in writing, that is an iteresting lineup of doing duets as a means of staying in the format.

I would not want Carrie doing a duet as a second to Kelly. And as long as Kelly keeps doing duets with everyone to get radio play, I don't know when carrie is going to get a shot.

Again, just feels like Carrie on the outside.

JB172

This might be a true general statement BUT Carrie and Martina are at two entirely different places and level of success. Martina has never and never will be as successful or popular as Carrie. Martina hasn't ever had the resume and career stats that Carrie has. Martina never has had obvious EOTY stats and been overlooked and snubbed with nominations like Carrie.

It doesn't matter what any artists resume is, leaving one label for another is a major risk for any artist.

There is zero guarantee that whoever the artist maybe is going to get the same leeway that they had at their previous label regarding their recording career or what that artist might want to do with outside projects.

If all the people who want her to leave Sony because of the awards, changing labels isn't likely to change that either.

lizcarlo

I like Martina a lot. I would love it if Carrie and Martina did duet. They don't have to do diva singing. It could be more of a soft type of singing.

Jae

Meh. I'm nonplussed. Martina was asked a loaded question and she's a professional -- what's she going to say? I don't even believe Martina wants to be in the same building with Carrie, let alone sing with her. Carrie is, after all, the person who replaced her.

carriefan0825

i find it weird that she had to look at a cheat sheet to answer that first question. i, too, felt that martina was sort of cold to carrie when she first started out, despite carrie being very vocal that martina was her idol. if this happens, i doubt the chemistry would be real.

GumbyJRH

While I love her voice and a lot of her songs.. her coldness towards Carrie during and after Idol turned me off from her.. Can you imagine how heartbreaking for Carrie, to meet her Idol and it not be everything it should have been.. I saw the Larry King special right after Idol with Carrie, Martina, Trisha and Jo Dee.. Martina was not warm to Carrie at all.. :( :( So, I hope this duet never occurs.. I dreamed for it when Carrie was on Idol but Martina could have easily been on the finale with Carrie but we see that didn't happen..

liveasong

Martina McBride didn't reach out to Carrie when she was still an upcoming country music superstar

So I don't see why Carrie should revive Martina's career now...

Mirasa45A

Meh. I'm nonplussed. Martina was asked a loaded question and she's a professional -- what's she going to say? I don't even believe Martina wants to be in the same building with Carrie, let alone sing with her. Carrie is, after all, the person who replaced her.

YES, to me, Martina's answer to the question is just being polite --that's it.

jptexas

I saw that look from Martina when Carrie and Vince performed HGTA and that look was one of "that should be me singing that song".

pklongbeach

Yu guys are awful, ha ha ha.......

I admit, it seems odd to me that Carrie really gave Martinas name such a boost by using it again and again during Idol and there did not seem to be any honest recipecation of affection or honor.
(I also admit, it was Carrie that introduced me to the name Martina, I would not have even known her otherwise).

But we really don't know the story, and we can't assume that either one is the purpose for not knowing eachother better.

And to finish this discussion for me, I don't want Carrie singing a duet with anyone "after" kelly has finished with them.
IT seems to me Martina "chose" Kelly. How else does it happen? IF Martina had really wanted Carrie, I am pretty sure Carrie would have jumped at the chance (but maybe not, we don't know).

So now that Martina has already chosen to sing with Kelly, I'm done here.

adam1995

Wow, I didn't realize that every artist hates Carrie. Every move they make seems to be to screw Carrie over. That list just grows and grows Reba, Miranda, Faith, Kelly now Martina all dislike Carrie, good to know.

Carrie&Taylor

Wow, I didn't realize that every artist hates Carrie. Every move they make seems to be to screw Carrie over. That list just grows and grows Reba, Miranda, Faith, Kelly now Martina all dislike Carrie, good to know.

Martina has always been jealous of Carrie in a non positive way. Pride. Just like Gretchen is of Carrie. Stealing their spot light. And no one likes competition. And while Carrie has been snubbed for almost five years in a row, she's still kicking every females butt in country.

Sales, number ones, various side projects and more over say, Miranda. Who seems to be the top female in country. When was the last time you ever heard or seen s photo of Carrie and Martina together or any of the other names?

adam1995

^This is what's wrong with the state of women in country music, people are making fake issues about them and it squashes any source of growth with them. Now Martina hates Carrie so some people don't want her to succeed. Kacey made that face at the CMA's she must hate Miranda. If people stop reading into every little look and word somebody puts forth then maybe there wouldn't be a problem.

Pictures of Carrie with these artists, don't know how to upload actual photos, sorry.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...Etu5rh6lLeTEI_Vdlpk1rPdQ&ust=1391702231897398

http://www.google.com/imgres?biw=13...BwwAQ&iact=rc&dur=1486&page=1&start=0&ndsp=17

http://www.google.com/imgres?biw=13...hBwwAQ&iact=rc&dur=845&page=1&start=0&ndsp=19

http://www.google.com/imgres?biw=13...hBwwAA&iact=rc&dur=635&page=1&start=0&ndsp=19

gwade82

I don't agree with "hate" but I have said for years that almost all of them are so jealous of Carrie that they are not able to hide it. Carrie takes it all in stride, but for me it is shameful the way they act.