Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My reply to the "Miranda Lambert queen of country music article"

Carrieflattsfan

Nice job! That's very well-written, and something Carrie fans are feeling right now. Carrie is still miles ahead of Miranda, and it's a shame the fans are the only ones acknowledging that right now.
However, something tells me it will all work out in the end. We know what Carrie has accomplished and how remarkable her career is. Miranda's, not so much.
In my mind, nothing more needs to be said. :D

_luvqry

I wouldn't put too much effort on it. I think those kind of replies only gets fans upset and later on fans will start trashing other artists including our Carrie.
If we're talking about numbers for sure Carrie has better achievements than ML. And then there are other artists who did better than Carrie, so things goes on and on.
Just enjoy what Carrie brought to us and be happy with that. ML is having her moment just like Carrie had in the past.
I'm sure there's more to come from Carrie.

bigbluegrl23

IMO, the difference between legends and other popular acts, are how successful they are AFTER they are the new "it" thing. carrie's been around for 6 years and still got nothing less than a number 2. Miranda's certainly finally seeing success (not enough to even make a dent as a legend yet) but we'll see what happens when all the hoopla dies down
becca T

Claire2004

Nice response!

One thing I do not like is that writers of articles such as that found by eliefares on twitter use the term "queen of country music" quite casually and cavalierly. I do not think one good year makes one eligible to be called country queen. So if next year or so Laura Bell Bundy suddenly becomes the "It" girl of country music and garner many awards she will be the new queen? I don't think so. It takes years and years of hard work for one to be rightfully classified as a legend. I don't even mind that Carrie is not the queen of country, she is still not there, but she's working consistently to achieve that status. Queen still belongs to legends such as Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire and company. JMO :)

liveasong

I don't know if you guys have noticed... but Carrie fans are not only really really loyal and active, but they know what they're talking about! =D

Jade_kt

I'm okay w/ Miranda. She desires most of her nominations. Still don't think she desires EOTY nomination though. If she had the numbers, then okay but she doesn't. Oh well. Carrie will always be my favorite :D Can't wait for album #4.

wonton

Great response!!

In reference to the orig article:
"She's not taking a Louisville Slugger to anyone's car, à la Carrie Underwood."

uh...has the writer HEARD kerosene or gunpowder and lead? They are character songs, just like BHC, and though the writer probably is making the above statement in tongue and cheek, I think it's stupid.

And since when is Only Prettier about ex-boyfriends? It's about other girls...
Geez, and she's won 1 grammy and the writer makes a huge deal of it. Carrie has won the same award 3 times, one of which she cowrote. Miranda did not write THTBM.

"She once told me that she doesn't like to write the standard mushy love songs that often seem to dominate radio"
She's not the only one, Carrie clearly doesn't write mushy love songs. (Along with several others)

Also don't care for the dig at Jason Aldean in his choice of Kelly Clarkson. Sure, Kelly's in Pop, but she's a very versatile artist with the chops for many genres. I don't think Jason's choice to sing with her is a ploy to get a pop audience at all.

Geez, I really like Miranda, this article is ridiculous.

DaisyTweets

Okay guys, today is Thursday and it must be my brain off day because there's some things in the dfw.com article that have me scratching my head! So can someone shed some light of explanation for me, please?

In short, Miranda Lambert is Nashville's Great Blonde Hope, a Texas-born and -bred talent on the verge of becoming a one-name superstar, joining the likes of Reba, Garth or Faith.

Is the author really serious with this comment? Seriously, one Grammy award, two #1 singles leads to superstar status? Seriously????? Wow! Guess I don't understand the great blond hope comment either because I totally don't agree with it but whatever floats your boat! Guess the author doesn't want to admit that it was actually the WINNER of a rival talent show that really opened up more avenues for Nashville and they've been using that winner ever since!

Beginning Friday, she'll cross another major accomplishment off her professional bucket list: Headlining a two-night, sold-out stand at Billy Bob's Texas, one of country music's most iconic stages.

According to Billy Bob's marketing director Pam Minick, Lambert's back-to-back sellout is a feat only two other artists -- both male -- have accomplished in the venue's 30-year history: Pat Green and Willie Nelson.

I guess I'd take headlining and selling out two iconic stages like the Grand Ole Opry and the Hollywood Bowl! I've been to Billy Bob's a couple of times and its a fun place -- the bull riding ring is especially fun.

By doing so, Lambert has amassed a loyal, growing fan base weary of the country-pop tropes (girls, cars, drinking) and ready for music that doesn't sacrifice style for substance.

Ok, I especially don't understand what the author is saying here. Seems to me while ML's songs obviously aren't about girls they certainly have plenty of drinking and guns references. So I don't understand, is the author saying that country-pop songs are mostly about girls, cars & drinking and country music isn't about those things? Don't get it?????

So if anyone can help a friend out and shed some light or comment on the highlighted comments, I sure would be grateful!!!

pklongbeach

You can read so easily between the lines here.
Suggestions like the great Blonde hope are swips at Carrie and TS who have amassed huge audiences of the general public. The writer is suggesting that Miranda is the hope for country specifically.
I hate to say I told you so, but be ready for ML's team to use many many comparison articles such as this for the next 6 to 9 months cause there is just nothing else to really focus on with Miranda herself except how she stacks up to others. And lets face it, she doesn't.
The Queen of Country (a term I am quickly coming to hate because it has become the banner for "get rich quick" sceems by management teams) should be a term that is saved only for the greats. The long term. The Divas. Of which clearly ML is none.
And the bigger thng I resent about these tactics is it causes us to stand and call foul, while sending a subtle subconcious messege to the public that ML is on top and CU fans and TS fans are bitter.
It's a win win for ML's marketing team.
BTW, before some come knocking at my door to defend her, I don't ever remember Carries marketing team using this tactic cause there was simply no one in 2005-2006 to compare her to.