Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Oct 25 2016] New York, NY- Madison Square Garden

countryfan2006

Dave Newman ‏@bqbedbears 16m16 minutes ago @carrieunderwood rocking picture from show last night @ MSG.

CvvYvJlWYAASh7P.jpg

Louisa

Thanks Tee for sharing your M&G experience with us. So cool Carrie knew you and you got to spend some time with her. What an amazing moment for you. Carrie is the best.

Louisa

Review: Carrie Underwood performs at Madison Square Garden in New York (Includes first-hand account)

The country songstress opened her set with "Renegade Runaway," prior to singing her Grammy-winning "Last Name," which was incorporated as a medley with the spitfire "Somethin' Bad."

It was followed by a few fan-favorite numbers such as "Undo It," "Good Girl" and the powerhouse "Church Bells," where she showed off her impressive pipes. "Cowboy Casanova" was a neat upbeat and sassy tune.

"Heartbeat" was a superb vocal performance that she sang on a turntable as disco lights graced the venue, and everybody was singing along. She took her fans on a trip down memory lane with her breakthrough single "Jesus Take the Wheel," as well as "Wasted."

"Blown Away" was a true tour de force performance, showcasing her incredible range, which was one of the highlight vocals of the evening. Her set included her latest radio single "Dirty Laundry," and she tipped her hat to country queen Dolly Parton with her stirring version of "I Will Always Love You," as well as Alabama with "Mountain Music," which was an added treat. Equally dynamic was her live rendition of "All-American Girl."

Underwood closed with her angst-filled "Before He Cheats," where she showed some attitude, and returned for an encore that included "Something In the Water," which featured a neat waterfall backdrop that was coupled with a verse from "Amazing Grace." "Thank you so much," she said, effusively. "I think this is the best crowd we've had in the entire tour. You guys are incredible."

jaws931

Thanks, Tee, for your reviews. Don't feel bad about forgetting your purse and souvenir bag. I forgot the photo, and Carrie had to call me back. I was so embarrassed, but it made for good memories. I guess I was so freeked out because Carrie actually talked to me. She wasn't like hurry up and get out of here, like I've had with someone else.

The Nanook

Completely unimportant, but if they did indeed film at MSG I'm surprised Carrie didn't wear the long, black see-through dress thing for the encore especially so that she could do the thing at the end where she runs through the glitter rain like we saw in the Church Bells video. Unlikely, but maybe they didn't make a big deal (i.e. announce) that they were filming at MSG because they're also filming at other cities like some artists do when they're on big worldwide tours. But if that were the case I would have expected they also filmed at places like Boston, Philly, DC, LA, etc., and some Europe and Canada stops that they've already hit.

teesharky

^ No. I swear she must have done like 200 Meet and Greets or more a night between radio station contests, fanclub meet n greets, VIP passes that people buy, and people that know people that get passes like celebs., haha

I never realized what a major production it is for poor Carrie night after night after night to meet all those guests. I love that she has mints right before you go in for fresh breath. haha

teesharky

Completely unimportant, but if they did indeed film at MSG I'm surprised Carrie didn't wear the long, black see-through dress thing for the encore especially so that she could do the thing at the end where she runs through the glitter rain like we saw in the Church Bells video. Unlikely, but maybe they didn't make a big deal (i.e. announce) that they were filming at MSG because they're also filming at other cities like some artists do when they're on big worldwide tours. But if that were the case I would have expected they also filmed at places like Boston, Philly, DC, LA, etc., and some Europe and Canada stops that they've already hit.

I was wonderiing that too- not about the dresses but about whether or not they filmed a little here or there for bonus footage on hte DVD? I guess they can use the normal footage that they filmed all tour, as Maddkat said. But last night clearly was a Real filming session--with all those cameraas and an actual Director.

opry051008

Thanks Tee for sharing the details of your M&G and your concert review. That's amazing that Carrie and gang knew of you and all showed up to meet you. I think it was actually fate that you missed out on the previous attempts for a M&G because of all the people that deserved to share in one of Carrie's most memorable moments in her career, it's you.

teesharky

Thanks Tee for sharing the details of your M&G and your concert review. That's amazing that Carrie and gang knew of you and all showed up to meet you. I think it was actually fate that you missed out on the previous attempts for a M&G because of all the people that deserved to share in one of Carrie's most memorable moments in her career, it's you.

Thanks!! I actually think you are right. It was meant to be that I met her at msg on one of the biggest nights of her career. So cool and worth the ten year drought.haha

praying that the Year of the under dog continues and Carrie wins Eoty. Leo got his Oscar, I met Carrie and now it's her turn to finally win.

Kizmet311

Oh, Tee, your M&G experience sounds amazing! I am so glad that you got extended time with Carrie. You truly are her biggest supporter and it's amazing that she knew who you were (which I figured since she follows you), but even more amazing that she has been wanting to meet you for so long now! I can imagine that this is a night you will never forget!

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if not only do we get a DVD, but what if they taped a "Carrie Underwood LIVE at MSG" special for the holiday season to be shown on TV. Oh, please, pretty please! Kind of like Adele's special last year. It would be amazing if the world could watch this amazing tour on tv, even though it won't quite be the same as seeing it live in person.

glenn7

^ No. I swear she must have done like 200 Meet and Greets or more a night between radio station contests, fanclub meet n greets, VIP passes that people buy, and people that know people that get passes like celebs., haha

I never realized what a major production it is for poor Carrie night after night after night to meet all those guests. I love that she has mints right before you go in for fresh breath. haha

So very true. One M&G I had in Atlanta Carrie not only had the Fan Club, 48 from 2 radio stations, all the hockey teams wives, 12 friends/family of Jeff Foxworthy, friends of band members, and contest winners, etc. Like you say Tee, she meets an avg of 200 ppl a nite plus local media etc. Carrie and her team have already done a half of a days work even before she takes the stage. And to watch them set up the stage is amazing as I got to see the whole thing when they had the flying Carrie truck at one venue. So happy for you Tee. Like you, I left one time and forgot my autographed pic she sign'd for me and they called me back.