Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POSITIVE, UPTEMPO SONGS: GOOD FOR RADIO, NOT FOR AWARDS (Carrie Mentioned)

teesharky

Is there a way we can find out the exact moment Carrie is performing this year? If so, we could all turn our tvs on in that moment, and all turn them off after her performance. That would show them not to mess with carrie fans. lol

utlovescarrie

Sums up my point of view quite nicely.
Me too! And since I live in the Mountain Time Zone I hang out here, listen to y'all and tune in when she comes on (actually I usually DVR it and just skip to the time y'all say it will be on). This year I think I will try the "tune in for the minute to minute ratings" only.

epicamends

Is there a way we can find out the exact moment Carrie is performing this year? If so, we could all turn our tvs on in that moment, and all turn them off after her performance. That would show them not to mess with carrie fans. lol

That would be sweet. A huge spike in the ratings for her performance, and then a huge dip once she's gone. lol

kewlie78189

I agree with this because if the radio was all upbeat and positive music, it would get boring and the station would lose many listeners. There has to be a balance

12russ79

This is the exact reason why i was saying in the other thread we all should just tune in when Carrie performs!! As soon as Carrie comes on someone post it and then everybody tune in real quick!! I would never not be able to not tune in anyway if i knew Carrie was performing!!! And i still think Carrie has a good shot at FVOTY because for the first time in her career i think Carrie will get lots of sympathy votes because of the obvious injustice that was perpetrated on her by the powers that be!!!

pklongbeach

First I am surprised that it has gotten to the point that "they" can moniter peoples viewing that specifically.
Second, I was not as honest yesterday when I first responded cause I know alot of you think I'm just a blind carrie-nut.
But I really think Carries performances spike, not cause of a slow or fast song, but because people want to hear Carrie sing.
I think people instinctively know she has capabilities that are worth payng attention to. So I think they do.
Love her or hate her you can't deny the voice.

Kizmet311

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you are a Nielsen household (meaning you have a Nielsen box attached to your tv), whether you do or don't watch means squat as far as ratings. Unless they have changed something in the last few years and haven't told anyone. And you can't request to become a Nielsen household. They have to solicit you. Trust me, I've gone to their website, because I would love to be a Nielsen household since half the new shows I watch each year end up cancelled.

With that said, we could just have one person on here (I would volunteer) to watch the show and let everyone know in the chat box on the first page when Carrie comes up and everyone could turn it to the ACM's. I'll probably watch the whole show anyway since I like almost every country artist.

Edit: Oh, and if you're a Nielsen household you would know it. You have to agree to do it, they can't just monitor your viewing without your permission. I would say the little box they attach to your tv tracks your minute by minute views. But then they take that small selection of Nielsen viewers and generalize/project their ratings to the US tv viewing population as a whole.

utlovescarrie

First I am surprised that it has gotten to the point that "they" can moniter peoples viewing that specifically.
Second, I was not as honest yesterday when I first responded cause I know alot of you think I'm just a blind carrie-nut.
But I really think Carries performances spike, not cause of a slow or fast song, but because people want to hear Carrie sing.
I think people instinctively know she has capabilities that are worth payng attention to. So I think they do.
Love her or hate her you can't deny the voice.
I agree. It doesn't matter what Carrie is singing on any awards show - I tune in for Carrie.:D

robinannhunt

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you are a Nielsen household (meaning you have a Nielsen box attached to your tv), whether you do or don't watch means squat as far as ratings. Unless they have changed something in the last few years and haven't told anyone. And you can't request to become a Nielsen household. They have to solicit you. Trust me, I've gone to their website, because I would love to be a Nielsen household since half the new shows I watch each year end up cancelled.

With that said, we could just have one person on here (I would volunteer) to watch the show and let everyone know in the chat box on the first page when Carrie comes up and everyone could turn it to the ACM's. I'll probably watch the whole show anyway since I like almost every country artist.

I think that the ratings include cable now so it can be monitored for almost all households.

I am not watching but will be on the chat looking for your post. You should post in the thread and the chat area.

utlovescarrie

Edit: Oh, and if you're a Nielsen household you would know it. You have to agree to do it, they can't just monitor your viewing without your permission. I would say the little box they attach to your tv tracks your minute by minute views. But then they take that small selection of Nielsen viewers and generalize/project their ratings to the US tv viewing population as a whole.
I don't know the specifics of the ratings thing BUT I do know that they can track information through DVR's. Remember the "wardrobe malfunction" in the Super Bowl w/Janet Jackson and Timberlake? Before the next morning there were huge media reports that THAT was the #1 rewound/rewatched event EVER. They also now add DVR ratings up to 1 week after the initial airing of the show. So even without being a Nielsen household your viewing habits can be tracked at least with DVRs - which we have 4 of.

Gator

I don't know the specifics of the ratings thing BUT I do know that they can track information through DVR's. Remember the "wardrobe malfunction" in the Super Bowl w/Janet Jackson and Timberlake? Before the next morning there were huge media reports that THAT was the #1 rewound/rewatched event EVER. They also now add DVR ratings up to 1 week after the initial airing of the show. So even without being a Nielsen household your viewing habits can be tracked at least with DVRs - which we have 4 of.

This could be an interesting viewership ratings report. Imagine Carrie making history for being the most watched/rewound/rewatched segment of any awards show! If that's how it works, I think WE can do this. We would have a whole week to rewind and rewatch!

pklongbeach

Yeah, I agree that with todays technology and cable/satilight being so prevailant, I would sy it is pretty obvious that cable networks know what we are watching. They are not saying as much but if they know online to send me appropriate advertizing for my specific interests, it is safe to say that my cable network (which is buddled with my internet) knows also.
I thnk they just let us believe that Neisen is still what is used. But I have not heard reference to that in a long time.
And yet they can still be very specific.
IT was becoming more obvious when I found that each hour of a show could be judged. Now it's each minute.
Well, I will do some specific viewing. IF she is there, I will check in and out. If she is performing I will watch that specifically and then turn it off and go youtube it about a million times.
If she is not going I am not watching. Period.

Kizmet311

I'm not saying that cable/satellite companies can't track what we are watching, but unless they are sending that informatin to Nielsen, it's not reported in the ratings articles that all of the news outlets use or that the networks use to decided which shows to keep/cancel and for advertisers to decide during which commercial they want to show their program. I hate the ratings system, because it takes the opinion of a few and projects it to the masses, and the percentage of actual viewers is not big enough in my opinion. The DVR playbacks, etc, I assume still come from Nielsen households with DVR's.

robinannhunt

I'm not saying that cable/satellite companies can't track what we are watching, but unless they are sending that informatin to Nielsen, it's not reported in the ratings articles that all of the news outlets use or that the networks use to decided which shows to keep/cancel and for advertisers to decide during which commercial they want to show their program. I hate the ratings system, because it takes the opinion of a few and projects it to the masses, and the percentage of actual viewers is not big enough in my opinion. The DVR playbacks, etc, I assume still come from Nielsen households with DVR's.

I would disagree. If you can accumulate actual viewing through cable hookups then that would be the better measurement than the few households at neilson. My guess is that neilson uses the cable company statitics in their reporting. With digital only tv it would appear that the neilson box will be obsolete soon.

Kizmet311

I would disagree. If you can accumulate actual viewing through cable hookups then that would be the better measurement than the few households at neilson. My guess is that neilson uses the cable company statitics in their reporting. With digital only tv it would appear that the neilson box will be obsolete soon.

I hope that you are right, because it is a more accurate ratings system. I just thought it was still done the old way.