Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Randy Jackson: Carrie is the best all-time Idol

chevrolet

I've been watching Jimmy Kimmel's show and interview with Randy Jackson. He asked Randy who was the best AI contestant of all-time and of course, Randy said Carrie Underwood.

chris07

It's so great to watch something like this....plus the audience reaction when he said Carrie's name was pretty awsome!

pklongbeach

Totally cool.
Also, I gotta give props to Kimmel for laying it out there about someone like JLo judging a singing contest. He was honest and he was not stepping down on this idea that just cause you are a star does not mean you are right to tell real singers what they have and don't have.
I would love Carrie on a show like that, only problem is he has such a strng personality, Carrie usually backs off of people like that and lets them run the interveiw.

fearless_dancerrr

wish he would have elaborated. i wonder why he picked carrie, not cause i don't agree, but because a lot of people automatically go for kelly clarkson.

carrieidol1

wish he would have elaborated. i wonder why he picked carrie, not cause i don't agree, but because a lot of people automatically go for kelly clarkson.

I think he probably based it on success. Kelly and Carrie are on par with each other when it comes to vocals. Perhaps Kelly is a step up??? At this point, however, no one can deny that Carrie's success goes far beyond Kelly's.

pklongbeach

I totally know what you mean, but as Kelly and Carrie's vocal stylings are so different I don't think it's fair to give one an "up" over the other.
It more comes down to style preference. Note for note I think you'd have a hard time picking the better vocalist.
But yes, Carries abilitiy to stay relevant has elivated her in the publics perception far above Kellys.

carriecountrystar

Totally cool.
Also, I gotta give props to Kimmel for laying it out there about someone like JLo judging a singing contest. He was honest and he was not stepping down on this idea that just cause you are a star does not mean you are right to tell real singers what they have and don't have.
I would love Carrie on a show like that, only problem is he has such a strng personality, Carrie usually backs off of people like that and lets them run the interveiw.

I believe carrie was on jimmy kimmel when PLAY ON came out. Jimmy even gave carrie a guacamole turkey!

fearless_dancerrr

I think he probably based it on success. Kelly and Carrie are on par with each other when it comes to vocals. Perhaps Kelly is a step up??? At this point, however, no one can deny that Carrie's success goes far beyond Kelly's.

hmm, i don't agree that kelly's voice is better.. but that may just be my subjective opinion.