Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Randy Jackson: Carrie is the best all-time Idol

jaylee50

During Randy's introduction he said "We'll be separating the Underwoods from the Hungs." I absolutely love that comment.

Carrieflattsfan

Sorry, but Randy's comment comes off as very hypocritical to me. He has said many, many times he thinks Kelly & Fantasia are the best Idols; I could care less about his personal opinion, but he should stick by it, instead of trying to come off as "buddy buddy" with every fanbase.
I know he has said Carrie is insanely talented, but he has never struck me as someone with any depth of musical knowlege (or someone with anything constructive to say). This comment just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Simon may not have been the nicest judge at times, but he never changed his opinion, and stated it respectfully and honestly. Sometimes I feel like the judges (except for Simon) didn't truly realize they had something incredibly special with Carrie, but now that's she's a superstar they're trying to take all the credit for it. It's hard to explain, but it's just a feeling I've had for awhile.

12russ79

Randys always been in Carries corner and he is a straight shooter! He has said Fantasia and Kelly before but Carries talent and success has changed his mind!! Carrie is getting bigger and bigger the other Two have hit their Zenith and are now desending*so i can definatly see how the Big Dog changed his mind!!!!!And i totaly agree with him!!!

DaisyTweets

They're both great singers, but what sets Carrie apart is her power. They both have great range, but Carrie can deliver the note and hold it. jmo
IMO I don't think that is what sets Carrie apart from Kelly. IMO the thing about Carrie that makes her special is her ability to sing and sound AMAZING in sing any genre of music (except for rap & opera). I used to like Kelly's singing voice but when I've heard her recently I'm not impressed anymore. I'm especially not impressed with her duet with Jason A. I guess the conclusion that I've come after listening to that duet, is that Kelly isn't a singer that can perform country music!

Carrie has proven time after time and performance after performance, that she really can sing any genre of music.

pklongbeach

I think his question was "who was the biggest".
Regardless of how he feels about certain ones, there is really only one legitimate answer to that question.
Especially when you are on the inside of the industry and you know what Carrie has managed to accompish.

hjj

I think that Randy is knowledgeable in the music business. He is a performer for one as we have heard many time, he was the bassist for Journey in the past, he had produced albums and at least nominated or have won a grammy as a producer, and has worked for a record label. Randy said early on in Carrie's season he could not understand how she was not discovered by someone in Nashville. I'm sure there will be another instance that he may be asked a question about the idol ranking in one way or another and he may say someone else but there is no denying Carrie's success.

pruds

I would have thought he would have also mentioned Fantasia. I never saw the interest there and have never like her. Sorry for thos of you who do..

I do agree with him;) Kelly is unreal too! I honestly think 2 of the best natural voices out there!

lab

:yes::yes::yes::yes:
IMO I don't think that is what sets Carrie apart from Kelly. IMO the thing about Carrie that makes her special is her ability to sing and sound AMAZING in sing any genre of music (except for rap & opera). I used to like Kelly's singing voice but when I've heard her recently I'm not impressed anymore. I'm especially not impressed with her duet with Jason A. I guess the conclusion that I've come after listening to that duet, is that Kelly isn't a singer that can perform country music!

Carrie has proven time after time and performance after performance, that she really can sing any genre of music.
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Carrie's "The Sound of Music" during "Movies Rock" and "Change" during "CNN Heroes", is a BLEND OF AN OPERATIC VOCALS, though. There were "SYMPHONIC ELEMENTS" IN CARRIE'S VOCALS during those two performances!!!

Go to 'Vinman's Media", and listen again to the INTRODUCTION OF "RANDY TRAVIS" AND "KEVIN COSTNER" TO CARRIE, before receiving the "2010 CMT Artist of the Year Award"!!!! Kelly is also a great vocalist, THOUGH, but, CARRIE IS IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE, MUCH HIGHER THAN KELLY!!! Carrie's vocals is "TECHNICALLY SKILLED" with an "AMAZING QUALITY, MOST ESPECIALLY THE "VIBRATO"!!!!" And Carrie CAN BLEND HER VOCALS with all styles of music and SOUNDS AMAZING. THAT IS A "SKILL", "AN EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENT". Listen to the ANALOGY of "Kevin Costner"!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury ...... I REST MY CASE!!! :sunny::sunny:

:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Last edited: