Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rants Thread

Kizmet311

Since this is the rants thread, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at CF. Someone had given me a little bit of attitude in the TSOML thread because they felt like a previous post I made was directed to them personally (it wasn't, I was talking about a whole conversation in general and never quoted her) and I responded to that post when I shouldn't have. They responded to me again with more attitude and I responded basically saying I don't like someone being b*&^%y and that I was going to block her, which I did. Anyway, when I respond to b*&^*iness with more b*%&^(ness, it's time for a break from CF. I'm sure I'll read and keep up, but I'm putting myself in time out from posting until after the holidays, at least, if not longer. It's a good time to do it since Carrie will be on break too. See you again in 2014!

JB172

It's both astonishing and sad that there are so many people in this country who don't have a clue to what freedom of speech actually means.

Last edited:

pklongbeach

I agree. My biggest concern about htis whole story is not necessarily a persons right to say anything they want.

I think we all understand that we have that right.

But it is ignorant to think we are somehow "protected from ourselves" if our words end up doing damage.

I did think it was unfair what happened to Paula Dean over something that she admitted to over 30 years ago. She was being honest about who she was and how she felt, but because the whole idea of degrating black people with the N word is so unacceptable to our culture (which I think is fair) she was condemned for telling the truth. And that is sad.

But this situation is very different, and I don't mind a lot of diolog about peoples religous beliefs, but what it has to do with freedom of speech is just ignorant in the face of the fact that he did practice his right to freedom of speech!

I thnk people should be accountable. Free of course, but accountable none the less.

And just because someone thinks they know what God wants, does not give them the right to degrade people to the point of diminishing their liberty and freeom to pursue happiness.

epicamends

Freedom of speech, legally, only protects one from their government. It does not protect one from being fired from their job for saying something stupid that goes against what the company wants to be represented as. That's why so many regular folk have been fired from their jobs after saying stupid things on their personal social media accounts. We're all held accountable for our words and behaviour, famous or not.

This is not a free speech issue.

JB172

Freedom of speech, legally, only protects one from their government. It does not protect one from being fired from their job for saying something stupid that goes against what the company wants to be represented as. That's why so many regular folk have been fired from their jobs after saying stupid things on their personal social media accounts. We're all held accountable for our words and behaviour, famous or not.

This is not a free speech issue.

Exactly.

All the people saying that poor Phil Robertson's freedom of speech was violated need to take a government class already.

As you said A&E is not the government and they have a right to do whatever they want to do if they feel like one of their employees which is exactly what Phil Robertson is does/says something that could bring negative light to their company.

I would be really, really surprised if that all the people who are saying that Robertson's freedom of speech was violated were saying the same thing when The Dixie Chicks were blackballed by the entire country music industry after Natalie Means made the comments she did about President Bush.

Neither The Dixie Chicks or Phil Robertson had their freedom of speech violated they said things that made people in power mad and they all paid for it and it's nothing more than that.

pklongbeach

I actually wish that the christian church had a stronger voice with regard to the world around them.

It seems to me that at the end of the day, the church itself continues to get marginalized because the general public hears people say extreme things and slowly people want to seperate themselves from the church itself. And that is sad.
And to bad really.

The christian churches in this country are shrinking at an alarming rate, and its because people like phil and Westboro church are being shown to the world as examples of christians, and that is just not the case and I wish the church could speak more publicly of Christs teachings of abolishing old laws that were designed to degrade people, and uphold Christs new law that says simply "Love, care, uphold, support, and do not judge eachother on old laws".

The pope is the first christian leader I have heard who has spoken directly to this problem.
He simply stated to the world, "We must stop arguing about things that have nothing to do with what Christ told us our mission was. And we must get back to the basic mission of the church"

I wish protestants had leaders that could speak on their behalf as well. And stop letting wackos and extremests dictate what the christian church looks like.

Its very sad.

ChelslovesBonJovi

RANT: I JUST ****ING BROKE A PAIR OF MY SUNNIES BECAUSE I HAD THEM IN MY HANDBAG YESTERDAY AND I PULLED THEM OUT LAST NIGHT AND THEY WERE BROKEN :(
:mad:

JB172

Stopping into the grocery store on Super Bowl Sunday is like stopping into the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving.

Clare Rose

Rant: I have a terrible sore throat and cold that has left me in bed eating cheesestrings and drinking so much water that I must be like 95 percent water now. Also, It means I cannot sing, which is my favourite thing to do, and I have to resort to just playing my guitar a bit more aggressively.
Also, does alchoholism run in the family? Because so many people in my family suffer(ed) from it soo...

lolita55

Rant: I hate how my sister and my mom consider me weak because I'm polite to every single person I interact with (including people who wronged me/treat me like sh!t). It's not that I'm weak; it's just not in my nature to bear a grudge. I'd just rather do what I think is the right thing regardless of how someone's treating me. I sound full of myself, but I just genuinely feel bad for treating someone like crap regardless of how they treat me. And it's annoying when I get dismissed just because I'm not a hardass like them.

That is not a weakness at all, it is actually a strength. It took me a long time to realize that. I am like you in a lot of ways. I will still be polite and interact with people who have wronged me/not been very nice to me. Now I do not go out of my way to see them, but if I do then I will be polite to them. It is not in my nature to hold a grudge, nor do I have a temper. It would be different if the person really seriously hurt you, or someone you loved in a way that would scar you or that person for life. But just remember it is a strength not a weakness because it is harder to be polite to someone that hates you, than it is to be mean to someone that hates you.

Clare Rose

That is not a weakness at all, it is actually a strength. It took me a long time to realize that. I am like you in a lot of ways. I will still be polite and interact with people who have wronged me/not been very nice to me. Now I do not go out of my way to see them, but if I do then I will be polite to them. It is not in my nature to hold a grudge, nor do I have a temper. It would be different if the person really seriously hurt you, or someone you loved in a way that would scar you or that person for life. But just remember it is a strength not a weakness because it is harder to be polite to someone that hates you, than it is to be mean to someone that hates you.

I agree. I wish i could be more like this; I hold grudges, big time, man. I do have a temper and am a snappy person, although I try to tone down my temper to my friends and family because I love them. There are certain people in my family who I dislike because of terrible things they've done and I'm not particularly forgiving, and I don't treat them badly, per say, but I am very cold towards them. People who hate me: I have actually forgiven someone who bullied me before, which is not like me at all. She seemed very upset and repentant and wanted me to be friends with her again, and I caved and forgave her, which I normally wouldn't do and it felt nice, y'know, to not have to add another name to my ever-growing Sh!tlist. It is strong to be polite, because it is a much more difficult thing to do; especially if you have a temper like me. (I'm not, like, SUPER tempermental but I lose my cool a lot and can be put in a bad mood very easily). SO, you aren't weak at all, your strong, stronger than me, anyway. :p
Oh, and yes, I would leave the Axl behaviour to Axl, although it would probably be better if there was no such thing as Axl behaviour.

buckeyecarriefan

Rant: I have a terrible sore throat and cold that has left me in bed eating cheesestrings and drinking so much water that I must be like 95 percent water now. Also, It means I cannot sing, which is my favourite thing to do, and I have to resort to just playing my guitar a bit more aggressively.
Also, does alchoholism run in the family? Because so many people in my family suffer(ed) from it soo...

I believe it is more likely to run in the family, but it's far from something that EVERYONE in the family gets. There's alcohol abuse on both sides of my family(worse on dad's side), and yet here at 26 I've basically quit drinking. Like most college kids, I drank A LOT back in my college days, but I'd never consider myself an alcoholic even then. But then one day it just hit me that I just didn't wanna take a chance of going down that road, knowing how many people I've watched struggle and/or end up fighting with their own family because of it. I think you're prone to it considering it's what you grew up seeing, but with the right attitude and support system anything is possible.