Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2: Blown Away vs. Two Black Cadillacs

Round 2: Blown Away vs. Two Black Cadillacs

• Blown Away

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Two Black Cadillacs

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cole

Blown Away almost crushed Good Girl in round 1, with far more than half of the votes. Now, let's see how it fares against Two Black Cadillacs.....we'll give it, say, a week.

allamericangirl8

TWO BLACK CADILLACS.

TBC is, in my opinion, the best song on the album by miles and the best song Carrie has ever written. The imagery is superb, the best of almost any song I've ever heard. There aren't a ton of details, yet you can visualize it all in your head. That's difficult. On top of that, Carrie still leaves a lot of it open to interpretation.

Carrie's phrasing is some of her best. She treats the verses so delicately that you don't expect the gospely, belting, "And the preeeacher said he was a good maaaAAAN." That is freaking genius. That really makes the song for me. When Carrie sings, "It was the first and the last time they saw each other face-to-face," it's like a movie. You can just see the sweeping of the cameras in the autumn air. And then Carrie's all like, "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away and left the secret at the grave," and you can hear the pitter-patter of the rain washing away the traces of evidence that the women did anything wrong, and it's so sinister and so haunting the way Carrie interprets that line, a stark contrast to the previous one! Just brilliant.

Even the backing track deserves major props. The drums especially sound like rain pelting down on these women like bullets. Maybe he was killed with a gun after all! But seriously, the backing band is aces. This is one of the only songs by Carrie that makes me torn between paying attention to her or her band. I just love the atmosphere the different instruments provide. They sound so evil at times, too.

So anyway, Two Black Cadillacs should win. Not taking anything away from the other songs. Actually, yes, I am, because all songs on this planet suck in comparison to TBC. That's how dynamic and tremendous it is.

Well, not quite, but you get my point. TBC FTW.

gaycarebear

Blown Away!

I have a very personal connection to this song. I could listen to it for days on end and still get chills. :)

jptexas

It's easier assigning a value to each song. If BA is an 8, TBC is a 10.
TBC IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. But many others are great
songs also. If by some strange reason they decide NOT to release TBC
as a single, I'll eat my hat. I actually don't have one, but I'll buy one
and then eat it. 

supercarriefan

I went with TBC. Both songs are two of the best Carrie has ever recorded, but personally I just have been drawn more to TBC right from the beginning. I really hope it becomes a single. I can just picture the video in my head.

pklongbeach

I will say this for TBC. It is an amazing linking of voice with production. One of the best that Bright has come up with. You can not imagine any other voice with that piece. They are perfect for eachother.
With that said. I just love the messege of ba and it will remain an all time fav. song of hers for me.
I almost feel very lucky that she recorded it at all. therefore, I will always support it.

epicamends

I adore both songs, but I'm going with TBC, and Nicole's post perfectly explains why.

(I'm sad that they've been cutting out the instrumental at the end of the song during live performances. That's one of my fave moments on the album, especially the drums. TBC is just flawless!)