Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5: Blown Away vs. Forever Changed

Which song is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teesharky

Baby crying? i listen to forever change a ton of times and I haven't heard a baby crying, maybe I need to listen harder, that or all of the worrying you have been doing is starting to effect your hearing.

no several people in my family hear the baby cooing too. It is very quick-- comes on right before the verse begins about the Body changing. How can you guys not hear it??

About 5 people in my family/friends asked me about the baby cooing. They didn't like it either as they thought it was odd to put it in the song like that-- but it comes on right before the woman gets pregnant so it makes sense.

It is not crying-- I was wrong about that. It is cooing.

It comes on at about 1:17-120 ish.

allamericangirl8

That's not a baby! That's an instrument lol. Assuming you're talking about the random eighth notes just before the second verse, that is a manly baby.

[Edit] If you listen to the instrument voices in the middle of the mix, you'll hear that those "baby noises" sound exactly like one of the instruments in the mix.

We should create a thread and ask Carrie on the OFC. x)

teesharky

Thank you! Yes it is a baby COOING or laughting. See-- you hear it too. You heard laughter. I am not crazy and several people heard it. I swear people here just gang up on anyone they disagree with.

You heard laughter--- there you go. Baby's laughter is cooing.

@tee there is no baby crying in forever changed, right before "she remember the change in her body" starts for one or two seconds i hear laughter.

Carrie Underwood - Forever Changed (Lyric Video) - YouTube

@1:11

teesharky

That's not a baby! That's an instrument lol. Assuming you're talking about the random eighth notes just before the second verse, that is a manly baby.

[Edit] If you listen to the instrument voices in the middle of the mix, you'll hear that those "baby noises" sound exactly like one of the instruments in the mix.

We should create a thread and ask Carrie on the OFC. x)

It doesn't matter if it is actually a real baby cooing or just instruments made to sound like a laughing or cooing baby. However it was done- whether real or digitally enhanced with pro tools or whatever-- there is laughter there that sounds like a baby.

It may not be a real baby-- but it is intended to sound like a baby. Not sure why everyone is jumping all over me. I am not the only person who heard it and I am not crazy. :(

allamericangirl8

I... didn't call you crazy?

I personally don't hear it as trying to sound like cooing. I hear it as the next logical note in the progression.

teesharky

I just asked a question about it on the FC so hopefully Carrie will answer. lol

I swear I thought for sure you guys would know exactly what I was talking about. lol I don't hear strings-- it is laughter.

I was wrong about the crying though-- it is not a baby crying. It is more like a baby laughing or cooing.

allamericangirl8

Like, now I hear what you're trying to say, but I don't know. I've always just heard it as part of the song, not trying to emulate anything.

I know what you're trying to say. Like in TBC, it's safe to say the drums are supposed to emulate rain. I don't know. I don't hear it in FC. I hope Carrie sees it, though, because now you've got me curious.

teesharky

I... didn't call you crazy?

I personally don't hear it as trying to sound like cooing. I hear it as the next logical note in the progression.

sorry I wasn't saying you called me crazy. But I am frustrated that someone said I have hearing problems or whatever.

Marie heard laughter too. So did other people who I bought the cd for.

Where I went wrong, was the word "crying." It is not crying. It is laughter, and it sounds like a baby's laughter--- which fits right in nicely with that verse about the pregnancy.

teesharky

It sounds like this "ha ha ha" like a little baby cooing or laughing. It is very fast, and then it is gone. It is not the strings that I am talking about.

allamericangirl8

It's the part where there's silence except for some punctuated notes, yes? The one that echoes a little right before Carrie comes in?

We are talking about the same part. The voice resembles a voice that's in the mix before the silence, so I just took it as that instrument continuing on and finishing off the phrase/starting the next phrase.

teesharky

I guess I just don't hear an instrument there other then the regular melody. The laughter comes only that one time and it never repeats before the other verses. It is 3 Ha Ha HA's laughing, and at no other part of the song does she use that specific "instrument" pattern.

If you listen to the instrumentation after all the other verses, there is no such similar sound. It is distinct and only there the one time, right before the pregnancy verse. It does not sound like strings to me at all.

teesharky

Just listened to it (at about 1:10) and awwww that is very cute if it is indeed intended to be a baby sound lol

A part of me thinks it is cute. ha ha But a part of me thinks the sound was PERFECT without it so it bugs me for some reason.

Otherwise-- this song is flawless and I would rank it as one of my favorite ballads of Carrie....but that little part irks me for whatever reason. lol

but yeah-- it is kind of cute in some ways.

teesharky

There is nothing at 1:10. How can some people hear it at 1:10 and I hear it at 1:17? ha ha How odd.

Do wehave different versions of the song?

allamericangirl8

I guess I just don't hear an instrument there other then the regular melody. The laughter comes only that one time and it never repeats before the other verses. It is 3 Ha Ha HA's laughing, and at no other part of the song does she use that specific "instrument" pattern.

If you listen to the instrumentation after all the other verses, there is no such similar sound. It is distinct and only there the one time, right before the pregnancy verse. It does not sound like strings to me at all.

I didn't say it came before the other verses. It does the three "Ha ha ha" and then you hear a faded echo of it just before Carrie comes in with, "She remembers the change in her body."

I agree it doesn't appear anywhere else. But that distinct voice is heard in the middle of the mix. It's not the same melody, but it's the same "instrument."

By the way, I love the turn this thread took. I find this all really interesting.

teesharky

Sorry to disrupt the thread. lol

I seriously assumed all of you knew EXACTLY what I was talking about. lol

It is a little pet peeve of mine that that laughing is in the song as I felt it was perfect without it.

But don't worry- I did not say I didn't like it to my post to Carrie. lol I just asked about it.

allamericangirl8

No, I like this discussion, because I totally never interpreted that as a baby cooing. I keep re-listening to it, and I see what you mean, but I still lean toward it being an instrument.

I'll see if I can isolate the part on Audacity to make sure we're talking about the same thing.