Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6: Blown Away vs. One Way Ticket

Which song is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pklongbeach

What did I miss? who is being mean to WAY???
I love that song. IT is among my favorite Carries of all-time. Crazy, I know.
Between WAY, BA and SYA, this is my favorite Album of hers.
When it comes down to WAY and BA I will struggle. But I will still probably vote for BA.
So aren't we far enough into this that BA is pretty much the winner no matter what happens at this point?

countrymusicfan15

What did I miss? who is being mean to WAY???
I love that song. IT is among my favorite Carries of all-time. Crazy, I know.
Between WAY, BA and SYA, this is my favorite Album of hers.
When it comes down to WAY and BA I will struggle. But I will still probably vote for BA.
So aren't we far enough into this that BA is pretty much the winner no matter what happens at this point?

If OWT is doing this well against BA, then I would bet money WAW will win out.

carebearcarrie

Who Are You is the Thats Where It Is from SH to me. Underrated and incredible.

WAY is one of my favorites. WAW on the other hand is a least favorite..

Farawayhills

I have mixed feelings about "One Way Ticket". As a song, it's one of my least favourites on the album - but that's a general reaction to this sub-genre of "feel good" holiday songs, which do little for me by way of depth or interest. However, thanks originally to Jimmy Buffet, this type of song has become an established feature of the contemporary Mainstream, and most of the male singers seem to want to have their own versions. And that's why I support Carrie exploring this niche. I think this is her most varied album, in which she addresses a number of different aspects of the Country Music scene - so including this type of song is consistent with that breadth. It also demonstrates her confidence and sympathy with the genre as a whole, since she tackles a theme which has been regarded as primarily a feature of male singers' repertoires, and sings it well, with enthusiasm and more points of interest than is sometimes found in what can appear a rather tired and predictable format. If anything can convert me to "Margaritaville", it would be this way of doing it!

On balance, though, I'd still prefer this to be a one-off, or at least a rare excursion, for her - and I'm voting again for "Blown Away" as the more interesting and challenging song. (BA fans be warned though - there are three big ones coming up for me. I've parted with BA three times already in this game, and I may do so again!)