Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sep 15 2012] Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena

opry051008

by looking at the pics there is something i dont like. I didnt like it on the Play on Tour either. The stage is so freakin high. and the first row is about 20 feet away from the stage. I see tall men standing and the stage is still about 2 feet over their heads. I dont know if because Carrie doesnt want any physical contact with the crowd?lol.

I think that the stage is always high for Carrie's shows because she uses lifts from below the stage so this way it's easier for her to walk under the stage. Although it kinda sucks for those people in the first few rows it's really kind of nice for most of the the audience who are sitting further back.

Schrodinger

I think that the stage is always high for Carrie's shows because she uses lifts from below the stage so this way it's easier for her to walk under the stage. Although it kinda sucks for those people in the first few rows it's really kind of nice for most of the the audience who are sitting further back.

I can't remember where she said this, but as a girl she doesn't want to get too close to the crowd, it's okay for the guys, but she is afraid some overly exuberant fan will reach out and touch her and not in a good way. Or put more bluntly some guy will try to play grab ass.

judes

I can't remember where she said this, but as a girl she doesn't want to get too close to the crowd, it's okay for the guys, but she is afraid some overly exuberant fan will reach out and touch her and not in a good way. Or put more bluntly some guy will try to play grab ass.

Carrie did have a catwalk for her Carnival Ride tour and most fans were grateful to reach out and touch her hand but there were a few incidences - one where someone tried to pull her off the stage - you never know who's going to these concerts - there are some nuts out there - like the guy with 50 different username sjust to bash Carrie - his behavior has escalated over the years so you never know - she's safer this way.

maddkat

Staff member
I've never heard her say that about the a** grabbing.
I have heard her say she's afraid some over exuberant fan will pull her off the catwalk.

put me on the list of people that want video of the hymn :)

Schrodinger

^^ She didn't,but that was my editorial on what she meant:D I tried to find the interview - but she was drawing a distinction between the guys and girls. I'm pretty positive one of the comments was about being grabbed at...not just the pulling off stage. Wish I could find that, but searching for something that specific about Carrie is almost impossible .

Last edited:

robinannhunt

I thought that someone actually up on the catwalk once. I remember Keith actually going into the audience and giving his guitar away. I don't see a woman doing that at all.

stuffy

She also had two separate incidents of drunk guys climbing onto the catwalk. One of the incidents the guy blocked her way back to the stage. She waited at the other end of the catwalk for security to tackle the guy.

bearball49

I can not say enough how impressed I am with every bit of the production on this tour, particularly BA. I look forward to such a visual treat as well as her stellar vocals in Nocember. Nice to know that us in the nose bleed seats will have a shot at actually seeing her and not just on the screens.

PRGuy79

Is there a special award for set design and lighting that goes to the amazing crew that helps make the BA Tour possible? This entire team is amazing. The way they clearly work together so well takes this art form to a new level! Carrie's unparalleled voice deserves for everyone to bring their "A" game. Clearly, they've done that!