Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept 7-9] The Long Road Fest

Farawayhills

I don't think I've been so pleased and excited about any of Carrie's dates as I am about this one!

It's a three day festival of Country, Americana and Roots, themed to celebrate the varied influences in the genre. Carrie will headline the Saturday - the middle, and arguably most prominent (going by the line-up), day of the three
The full line-up can be seen here:
Music | The Long Road Festival

The show will be part of a camping festival in Leicestershire (in the English East Midlands). Our own artists, such as Ward Thomas, the Shires, and the lovely Una Healy, often draw on similar influences to those Carrie shows in many of her hits. Anyone who's at all familiar with my posts over the years probably won't be surprised that I'm also excited to see her billed with the likes of Lee Ann Womack, Angaleena Presley, Brent Cobb, Caroline Spence, her fellow Okie Parker Millsap (and on other days Elizabeth Cook, Charlie Worsham). I've supported the broad range of Country Music all along - sometimes against fans on both sides of the debate - and I'm convinced that events like this (and our relatively new Country TV station, which is stylistically broad ranging) are closer to what most Country fans here want.
Artists like Carrie can benefit from this audience if they are to increase their core base here - and she deserves it - having supported the Country audience here probably for longer, and with more consistent loyalty in her image and statements, than most of the current artists of her generation, who are getting major Mainstream airplay in the States.

Farawayhills

This is the man behind the festival, and being credited with "getting" Carrie as the major visiting headliner
https://twitter.com/HeyBaylen

Baylen Leonard is originally from the so-called "birth place of Country Music", Bristol, the town on the Tennessee-Virginia border (it has city authorities in both States) where Ralph Peer conducted the 1926 recording sessions that kick-started the careers of the Carter Family, Jimmie Rodgers and several Mountain Music acts (though there had actually been other Country records cut before)

Baylen has lived and worked in the UK for many years, and has hosted shows on the BBC and regional radio stations quit often, and has run other festivals. He's also an executive officer of the UK Americana Music Association.

He and Carrie's booking agents, Creative Artists, would have fixed this date between them - but I'm sure Carrie and HQ management would have signaled clearly what they wanted. Bob Harris, who is also taking part in the Festival may also have helped, as he's been a long time supporter of Carrie. Creative Artists reps here have long argued that Carrie can get major exposure without compromising her Country identity - and I think that is always what she's wanted. Headlining an all embracing Country festival like this, outside the capital, plays an important part in reinforcing her core image here - though I'm sure she will also take other opportunities to connect with audiences outside the Country base.

[edit - on the twitter page I linked to above, there is a little picture of Carrie - if you click on it, she gives a short message saying how pleased she is to be coming to the Festival]

Last edited:

Louisa

So exciting Carrie is playing more shows here in England. I’m happy to say I’m attending this show. Can’t wait! ❤️

“I’m thrilled to be a part of this exciting new festival that celebrates the heart and soul of country music on a global stage!” – Carrie Underwood

Farawayhills

Will you get to see Carrie at all, when she is there?!! I hope so!!

Thanks! But responsibilities really rule it out (I'm sole carer for a very frail 97 year old aunt - and I have to stay within immediate reach of the house). Thank heavens for the internet, though!

Louisa

So excited! https://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/JoeBaxter/view/178583/

Country And Americana Stars Line Up For The Long Road Festival including Carrie Underwood

*Six weeks until major new country, Americana and roots festival launches in Leicestershire*

Creative Director Baylen Leonard:

“After months of planning, I’m so excited The Long Road is now just around the corner! We can’t wait to welcome artists and fans from around the world to our inaugural year and celebrate together how far country and Americana music has come in the UK.”

Louisa

Got my tickets now. Can’t wait to see Carrie again. I promise I’ll take lots of photos and videos. ❤️

Is it her first performance after the "Love Wins" release? Then we might be the first audience to hear it performed live :D

Also, it's gonna be my first Carrie concert (I guess as a headliner it will be at least almost as long as concert and not just 2 or 3 songs?)

Countryfan2448

Fans at Tuckerville heard Love Wins Today so you guys going to this will too like when she does Concerts here in the states will too.

Stage times for the festival are gonna be released on Tuesday and I can't wait lol +

Thanks for the information! Were you at that festival yourself?