Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept. 9 ,2018] BBC radio 2 Live in Hyde Park 2018!

Carrie will headline this festival in UK!Sunday, Sep 9 2018!

BBC Radio 2
@BBCRadio2
A seven-time Grammy Award winner. 64 million records sold around the world.
We are delighted to announce that @carrieunderwood will be performing at Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park this September!
Find out more (link: https://bbc.in/2LNAev3) bbc.in/2LNAev3

Last edited by a moderator:

leo93

Omg I wanna be there! I'm from Italy but would easily fly there. It would be great to have a party with UK/Euoropean fans!

Smokyiiis

So she is heading your way and earlier than I even thought! So happy for you all across the pond!

Farawayhills

Hyde Park is London's best known park, linking the two royal residences of Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace. It contains the much loved Serpentine lake, and the famous Speakers Corner, where an assortment of protesters and fringe activists harangue the public.

The open air one day music festival is organized by the BBC, and the blurb says that Carrie is a long time favourite of veteran Country presenter, Bob Harris (who may have played a part in helping arrange this)

You can get an idea of the setting and the crowd attendance from this earlier video

sco

That’s awesome news for the UK fans. I would imagine being that close to album release that she will make it a short trip but l would expect she’ll be back as she’s clearly interested in going after that market.

Kizmet311

How wonderful for the fans in the UK and Europe! I hope some of our CF'ers from across the pond are able to attend!

PRGuy79

This is fantastic international exposure! I'm so glad to see this continued focus on the UK - and the fact that it is timed for the album's release seems to indicate that the push may be simultaneous overseas (instead of an afterthought, like it seemed with Storyteller).

txacar

Carrie is not headlining? I saw an earlier ad that Headliner would be announced later. Just saw this one.

In case you missed it earlier, this morning @achrisevans revealed September's Hyde Park lineup!Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9am
1f449.png
http://bbc.co.uk/radio2

DfpGRYiXcAAOfaO.jpg

txacar

Well it is UK, it make sense if she is not the headliner, she is not very well known there..

True!! She headlined C2C so we think she should headline everything over there, lol.

P.S. Headliners last 5 years

2017 - Take That
2016 - Elton John
2015 - Rod Stewart
2014 - Jeff Lynne
2013 - Smokey Robinson

Farawayhills

I don't think it matters whether she's called the headliner - it's a one day, open air festival, with a variety of acts - many of the crowd go expecting to watch at least a few hours of music, and even those attracted by a particular name will usually see others.

Visiting Mainstream artists from the US have played this festival in several (though not all) of the years - including the Band Perry (who were the first, coming in the festival's second year), Kacey Musgraves (who's borderline Mainstream/Americana, and very popular here), LeAnn Rimes, and Shania Twain (who played last year). I'd say it's a good choice for Carrie. She will probably know the Park already, as the Royal Albert Hall, which she played a few years ago, is on its Southern fringe - there's a map of the area here, for anyone interested:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=Albert+Hall&ia=web&iaxm=places

Kizmet311

I think it's cool that she is part of this festival since it seems to be more all-genre; whereas, the C2C festival is strictly country music.