Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept. 9 ,2018] BBC radio 2 Live in Hyde Park 2018!

teesharky

This is absolutely incredible. I have been to Hyde Park and it’s really lovely. It’s a historic place for Carrie to play as well. So happy!!!

i wonder who the headliner is??

C13X

She is not the headliner, with something like that I imagine she will do approx a 30 minute set a bit like Taylor Swift did at the Radio 1 Big Weekend a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted I fly home from holiday that day and don't land until about midday into London and I can imagine as Carrie is one of the lesser known artists she will probably be one of the first ones on so I’ll miss her.

I’m hoping she will (similar to what Little Big Town did when I saw them last October) announce that she is headlining C2C next year as the new album etc will be out by then. Fingers crossed!

Louisa

So sad I can’t see Carrie. I hope for another chance soon. It’s great she’s heading back here for some promo. Hoping for a UK tour next year.

BBC - Kylie Minogue to headline BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park - Media Centre

BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park will be broadcast on Radio 2 from 1-9.30pm. Fans will also be able to watch all the action live on the BBC Red Button TV channel, BBC iPlayer and via the Radio 2 website. They can also catch up on all their favourite artists again for 30 days on BBC iPlayer.

Jeff Smith, Head of Music for Radio 2, says: "Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park is one of the highlights in our musical calendar. Each year we aim to give the audience a very special show which reflects the diversity and range of the music we play on Radio 2. This year we go from one of country music’s most popular artists, Carrie Underwood through to a unique set of disco hits performed by an award winning folk stars ‘supergroup’, The Band of Love. There’ll be the legendary rock of Lenny Kravitz, cool pop from All Saints, contemporary hit maker Rita Ora and one of the UK’s finest bands, Manic Street Preachers and I can’t wait to welcome one of Radio 2 listeners best loved artists to Hyde Park - Kylie Minogue."

txacar

I wonder who'll play that mando part, now that Jimmy is doing other things?

Good question. I thought about that last night while watching CB performance from the 2017 CMT awards. Has Jimmy been replaced, or was the new guitar player Shawn's replacement?

Farawayhills

Good question. I thought about that last night while watching CB performance from the 2017 CMT awards. Has Jimmy been replaced, or was the new guitar player Shawn's replacement?

I think probably the latter. Matt Reviere seems to be primarily a guitarist - and, although acoustic guitarists can often play mandolin, Matt's instrument demonstration video suggested electric guitars are his main speciality. (He was with Scotty McCreery, 2011-13, and the Band Perry 2013 till recently. Going by the internet, some of McCreery's fans seem to have resented the Band Perry disrupting a band that was becoming established - but there's unlikely to be a similar issue with this move, as the Perrys seem to have entered a lengthy period of restructuring, in search of a new image and sound)

At Carrie's fan club concert, there were apparently two new introductions - but I haven't yet caught up with the second name. I'd guess that it may be the second musician who takes on the more acoustic string parts. Although Carrie's performances seldom seem to get as much instrumental attention from either fans or detractors (something that can lead to a superficial stereotyping of her, on both sides, as a particular type of artist), her use of instrumental accompaniment, in many songs, is actually a key aspect of her approach to the genre.

The UK performance will be widely available, in both streaming and catch-up - but it isn't clear whether she'll bring her whole band for one event. In the past she has sometimes filled out the speciality instrumentation with good local musicians.

Farawayhills

^ the new fiddle player is Jordan Lawson

Thanks, Donna!

He does also play mandolin

This is a picture:
http://cedarstonemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/JLHeaded.jpg

According to his resumé, at Cedarstone School of Music (Hendersonville) where he also teaches, he has appeared with Josh Turner, Sara Evans, The Railers, Hunter Hayes, Dan & Shay, Carly Pearce, Bret Eldredge, Carrie Underwood, Corey Smith, Orla Fallon, Dwight Yoakam - I look forward to hearing his contributions to the band.

teesharky

So excited that Kylie Minigue And Rita Ora joined the bill with Carrie and Lenny Kravitz fir the UK Hyde Park show! Really cool lineup for Carrie to be part of!!

Farawayhills

She is not the headliner, with something like that I imagine she will do approx a 30 minute set a bit like Taylor Swift did at the Radio 1 Big Weekend a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted I fly home from holiday that day and don't land until about midday into London and I can imagine as Carrie is one of the lesser known artists she will probably be one of the first ones on so I’ll miss her.

I’m hoping she will (similar to what Little Big Town did when I saw them last October) announce that she is headlining C2C next year as the new album etc will be out by then. Fingers crossed!

I hope you make it in time! (I wouldn't necessarily say that she'd be one of the first on. She's a multi-Grammy winner, who's headlined other London shows, and would be considered an important overseas guest signing. And the BBC, who organize this event have made CP a week's top pick for their playlist. Some of the DJ/presenters definitely root for her!)

Louisa

BBC Radio 2
@BBCRadio2
·
4h
Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park update

Unfortunately
@carrieunderwood
is unable to join us this Sunday due to illness. We wish her well and look forward to welcoming her to Radio 2 in the future.

@realkenbruce
will announce an new addition to our lineup tomorrow after 9.30am.

txacar

^I'm so sorry, Louisa. I know how much you and the others were looking forward to seeing Carrie. I pray she will heal quickly and can work you guys in soon.