Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Songs that you've grown to love/dislike

Piercing Words

So, the first impression of an album is seldom the impression which remains after some time, and it's now been six months since BA was released so I was wondering which songs grew on you, which songs grew off you and how your opinions have changed since the first time you heard the songs!

Personally, I disliked OWT and LLA from the beginning and I haven't listened to them in full since. Seems like everybody else loves them lol.

GIG was my favorite from the album early on but recently I've grown to love TGFH (which seems to be the song most of y'all can't stand!). NETY and DYTAM have also grown on me a lot.

Other than that, GG, BA and TBC are the three strongest songs on the album for me and I'm thrilled they're the first three singles as well.

CarrieFan928

I grew tired of See You Again and Wine After Whiskey. I still think they're good but I don't love them like I used to. I had a soft spot for Nobody Ever Told You but now it's a bit annoying. I use to think Forever Changed was a boring song but now I find it more relaxing and interesting.

allamericangirl8

NETY and GIG grew on me. I got tired of BA, but I'm back to loving it. I got tired of SYA and WAY. I started to get tired of CGAS, so I'm taking a break so that I don't get completely fed up with it.

pklongbeach

I did not start out liking DYTAM, but I like it more now.
I did not start out liking SYA, but I love it now.
I started out Loveing GG, but usually skip it now. (I think cause partically I just got a little burnt out, but also it now falls into the catagory of CC LN ....... and I just prefer others to it.)

maddkat

Staff member
Never like TGFH , still don't
I've grown tired of CGAS and WAW.
Grown even fonder of FC ,TCB and BA

Carrieflattsfan

Interesting thread idea.

I loved Good In Goodbye, See You Again, TBC WAW and TGFH the instant I heard the album. I still love them all, as much, if not more, than I did upon first listen.

I actually didn't really care much for Blown Away at first, because I wanted more of a story. Now it's one of my favorite Carrie songs ever. Good Girl didn't click at first, but now I can't get enough. DYTAM is a favorite now, too.

I think NETY and OWT are cute, but I hardly listen to them like I do the others.

LLA has a great melody, but the so so lyrics have prevented me from fully embracing it. Part of me still wishes it was replaced with a superior song. It's fun to listen to sometimes, but most of the time it's just "there" for me. I still don't care for Cupid at all.

I didn't like WAY at first, but now I love it. Carrie's conviction and power is just amazing.

JB172

As Carrieflatts said this is a really interesting thread idea.

Grown on I would have to go with BA
Dislike is by far OWT, sorry don't like the song and skip it when it comes on the cd.

simonplay

Never liked DYTAM , and still dont like it at all! so boring song, :p

I dont like OWT at first, but now is one of my 3 favorite, the lyrics are so positive and is really catchy! #happysong :D

The same with TGFH, at first even from the demo I dont like it! but now Is one of my favorites.

I like NETY, WAY and SYA too.

And of corse my 2 favorites are BA and TBC.

Marie2011

GG- love
BA-Love
2BC- Love
SYA- Love
DYTAM- Dislike
FC- Love
NETY- Love
OWT - Love
TGFH- Love
GIG- Love
LLA- Grown to love
CGAS- Love
WAW- love
WAY- Love

NC State Carrie Fan

I hated See You Again when the album came out but now it's in my top 4 off the album and I thought Do You Think About Me was boring but now i think it'll be the most successful single besides Blown Away and Good Girl (Not Sure how Two Black Cadillacs will sell) I loved Forever Changed and now can't even stand to listen to it and I DESPISED Nobody Ever Told Yu and its grown on me a lot...but I still don't like it.....And if Cupids Got A Shotgun were released it would be the biggest Carrie flop of her career. Not a big fan of One Way Ticket either but I can put up with it....I'm still hoping for a re release of Leave Love Alone made into a duet with Hunter Hayes for a single

Burst

My favourites at the start were BA, OWT and TBC. I've since gotten a little tired of OWT and it's now in the middle. DYTAM has quickly become my 2nd fav (behind BA) and GIG has risen from the bottom to be #3.

Claire2004

Still love BA, TBC, DYTAM, LLA, and WAW, still rooting for DYTAM, LLA, and WAW as future singles.
Still love TGFH and Forever Changed, but I don't want them to become singles.
My love for CGAS has lessened a bit, so like Nicole, I'm taking a break from it lol. I think the overwhelming production might have been a factor to its burnout rate for me.
Burned out on GG and GIG
Indifferent to WAY and SYA.
Used to tolerate OWT but now I just can't stand it. Sorry, I know a lot of people here want this as a single.
Cannot stand NETY.

mtreasmith

GG - loved in the beginning and still love
BA - liked in the beginning and love it now.
TBC - liked in the beingging and love it now.
SYA - loved in the beginning and like it now.
DYTAM - loved in the beginning and love it EVEN MORE now.
FC - liked it in the beginning and like it now.
NETY - hated in the beginning and like it a lot now.
OWT - loved in the beginning and love it now.
TGFH - loved in the beginning and love it now.
GIG - loved in the beginning and like it now.
LLA - liked in the beginning and like it now.
CGAS - like in the beginning but it got annoying really fast.
WAW - loved in the beginning and love it now.
WAY - hated in the beginning and hate it now. doesn't make sense on the album.

I used to dislike Wine After Whiskey & Good In Goodbye but I'm starting to love them.
Who are You is still one I really don't like.
I used to like See You Again but I'm kinda not liking it as much as I did (but I still like it)
Forever Change is one that I'm not liking any more.
Thank God for Home Towns is eh for me. Used to love it but now not as much.

And the rest of the songs I love from the beginning and still love now.

judes

The first songs I loved were Blown Away, Leave Love Alone, Cupid's Got a Shotgun, Forever Changed, See You Again,Wine After Whiskey - I still love them all , ones that I grew to love now are Two Bl Cadillacs, Nobody Ever Told You, Do You Think About Me ---- Who Are You, Good in Goodbye,Good Girl I always really liked and love to hear Carrie's vocals especially on Who Are You and Good Girl which I think have some of Carrie's most mature vocals,--- Thank God for Hometowns and One Way Ticket are songs I really enjoy hearing Carrie sing but not super crazy about the songs

Schrodinger

Songs I liked right out of the box-

BA - the first time I heard it I could feel the wind and the driving story. Carrie says she loves because it is so visual, she called it. I was listing in the car and visualizing videos - Fortunately it's not a moving violation to think of Carrie in a new video.

TBC - Okay I admit I'm a little dense I really like the song on the first play through, but when realized it was about murder - it only took me twice. I loved it. Back then I pictured it as vintage Southern Gothic. Bringing up books like The Sound and the Fury; To Kill a Mockingbird; Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil; & The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter. Now TBC is one of my favorites on the Album.

FC - Classic Carrie taking a journey through life reminded both her and us that stops along life forever change us. At the time I was a bit confused that I liked the song because I hate change. To quote the master geek, "No, it’s not going to be fine, change is never fine. They say it is, but it’s not." Sheldon Cooper BBT

GiG - Another right out of the box favorites, It reminds me of Garth's "Unanswered Prayers" and I love that song, but GiG is better because it is bittersweet whereas UP had a more bitter tone, a "Thank Gd you didn't let me marry THAT." kind of thin.

CGS - I love this song, but my first reaction was it maybe a little too cute for a single. Now I would love it as a single.

WAW This is the perfect country song, it harkens back to the tears in the beer songs without going there, just using alcohol as a metaphor. It is such a perfect, mellow, painful lost love' coping song - Should be a Single!

Okay now the Hmmm songs

1 GG - I wasn't really excited about this song at first, it has a great catchy tune but I didn't get it. It was only after the video did I start get where the song was going. I like it now, not my favorite but it's a good song

2. OWT I didn't like out of the box and I still don't I think it makes for a fun song in concerts, flying around throwing out beach balls, but it doesn't do anything for me that Kenny hasn't already done better

3 TGFHT I like the song, I think it's how Carrie feels when she goes home, but I can't relate to it at all as an Air Force brat I have no hometown. The song does make me melancholy because I would have loved a hometown like Checotah.

4. SYA - THis song just doesn't do much for me, it's okay I never leave it out of my Carrie playlist but it's kind of Meh.

5, DYTAM- I really didn't care for this song out of the box. It was too happy right after BA & TBC, now I like it - it's growing on me. I don't like it enough to want it a single, but if it became one I'd be on board.

6. LLA - Hard song. I like the a like the lyrics, I love the mandolin - but the beat and tempo seem wrong for the song, it should have been a darker plea.

7. NETY - I love this song's message, but as a guy with grown daughters the song seems to loose some of it's relevance . Sure it could be applied to people of all ages who wear masks because we don't like who they are. But that is really stretching the lyrics. I don't think this would work as a single as it is aimed at only a portion of her fanbase.

8. WAY - I love this song as a faith based himym. There are a couple of various that don't quite fit, but the rest of it is a perfect song, glorifying God. I wish Carrie has but a more direct faith base song on this album. This one is both good and bad. I'm not sure it would work as a single and then there the Mutt baggage. Of all the songs on the album this is the most disappointing. As a faith song it is problematic given those couple of verses and as a romantic song either the person's devotion is so great as to be a bit creepy or the person is prone extensive to hyperbole.

countrymusicfan15

Songs I liked right out of the box-

BA - the first time I heard it I could feel the wind and the driving story. Carrie says she loves because it is so visual, she called it. I was listing in the car and visualizing videos - Fortunately it's not a moving violation to think of Carrie in a new video.

TBC - Okay I admit I'm a little dense I really like the song on the first play through, but when realized it was about murder - it only took me twice. I loved it. Back then I pictured it as vintage Southern Gothic. Bringing up books like The Sound and the Fury; To Kill a Mockingbird; Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil; & The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter. Now TBC is one of my favorites on the Album.

FC - Classic Carrie taking a journey through life reminded both her and us that stops along life forever change us. At the time I was a bit confused that I liked the song because I hate change. To quote the master geek, "No, it’s not going to be fine, change is never fine. They say it is, but it’s not." Sheldon Cooper BBT

GiG - Another right out of the box favorites, It reminds me of Garth's "Unanswered Prayers" and I love that song, but GiG is better because it is bittersweet whereas UP had a more bitter tone, a "Thank Gd you didn't let me marry THAT." kind of thin.

CGS - I love this song, but my first reaction was it maybe a little too cute for a single. Now I would love it as a single.

WAW This is the perfect country song, it harkens back to the tears in the beer songs without going there, just using alcohol as a metaphor. It is such a perfect, mellow, painful lost love' coping song - Should be a Single!

Okay now the Hmmm songs

1 GG - I wasn't really excited about this song at first, it has a great catchy tune but I didn't get it. It was only after the video did I start get where the song was going. I like it now, not my favorite but it's a good song

2. OWT I didn't like out of the box and I still don't I think it makes for a fun song in concerts, flying around throwing out beach balls, but it doesn't do anything for me that Kenny hasn't already done better

3 TGFHT I like the song, I think it's how Carrie feels when she goes home, but I can't relate to it at all as an Air Force brat I have no hometown. The song does make me melancholy because I would have loved a hometown like Checotah.

4. SYA - THis song just doesn't do much for me, it's okay I never leave it out of my Carrie playlist but it's kind of Meh.

5, DYTAM- I really didn't care for this song out of the box. It was too happy right after BA & TBC, now I like it - it's growing on me. I don't like it enough to want it a single, but if it became one I'd be on board.

6. LLA - Hard song. I like the a like the lyrics, I love the mandolin - but the beat and tempo seem wrong for the song, it should have been a darker plea.

7. NETY - I love this song's message, but as a guy with grown daughters the song seems to loose some of it's relevance . Sure it could be applied to people of all ages who wear masks because we don't like who they are. But that is really stretching the lyrics. I don't think this would work as a single as it is aimed at only a portion of her fanbase.

8. WAY - I love this song as a faith based himym. There are a couple of various that don't quite fit, but the rest of it is a perfect song, glorifying God. I wish Carrie has but a more direct faith base song on this album. This one is both good and bad. I'm not sure it would work as a single and then there the Mutt baggage. Of all the songs on the album this is the most disappointing. As a faith song it is problematic given those couple of verses and as a romantic song either the person's devotion is so great as to be a bit creepy or the person is prone extensive to hyperbole.

I disagree with that statement. Love songs are meant to be exaggerative lol It allows for break-up songs to seem more real and relatable. Take "Without You" by David Guetta and Usher for example. The narrator is absolutely devastated. He probably had feelings for the girl as Carrie describes in Who Are You. Same goes for Carrie's songs about loss (SWISLY, WAW). Just my random thoughts lol