Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Tyler Quits 'American Idol'

jimshoe

I actually preferred Steven Tyler over JLo becuase last year it seemed there were too many JLo performances during the results shows...
I heard one possibility if Jlo leaves if for Paula to come back and I could see that.

Once they got to the top 24 and the live shows I'd love to see them have a guest judge each week that would be a different Idol alum each week. Maybe have each winner come back and judge for one week! It would keep things fresh each week..

Mirasa45A

Why in the world Carrie Underwood is so successful ? :):) Carrie was the pinnacle of Idol and from there it's slowly going down !

OkieChick

why doesn't IDOL start with people who aren't giant stars to begin with? Idol practically made Simon's career, same with Randy and Paula (or at least restarted hers). yes, they all had careers before idol that were very important in the business but they became stars from idol. the judges should NOT be the stars though to begin with. it should be about the contestants. plus, people who aren't already famous would be less afraid to give criticism.
Becca

I would love to see that, however, I don't think it will happen. Not with all the other shows that are similar - The Voice, Duets, X-Factor, and America's Got Talent all having "stars" as judges - I just can't see that happening with American Idol if they wanna compete for viewers.

judes

It's such great money for Steven but I'm sure with the release of the new album it's is too hard for the band to coordinate their tour and logistics in general if Steven stays on Idol. I wouldn't be surprised if that was true, however I bet Steven thought it was time also.