Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Your Suggestions For The "Carrie Underwood For Your 2011 Consideration" Video

liveasong

Taking Your Suggestions For The "Carrie Underwood For Your 2011 Consideration" Video

Hey Warriors! :) How's everybody doing? I really hope you guys are all getting some rest while we don't have any single to push because guess what...? We will have to work our butts off to get the "Entertainer of the Year" accolade for Carrie at this year's ACMs as soon as the nominations will be announced (I think EOTY and FVOTY are locks).

Anyway. I just wanted you guys to know that I will be doing the usual/annual "Vote For Carrie" video. I want to give the middle finger to the CMAs one more time =D! Just kidding! Please don't kill me for bringing that up. The reason why I'm doing this is because I want to showcase how 2010 was a big year for Carrie and why she deserves to win EOTY! For those who are not familiar with my videos, you can check out my channel on YouTube (YouTube - liveasong's Channel) and see what videos I'm talking about =).

ABOUT THIS YEAR'S VIDEO
For this year's video, I want something different from what I've done in the past and as I was beginning to produce this video, I was running out of ideas! So this is why I'm asking our army for help! This is why I will probably put in the video:

- Play On Tour 2010 (How successful it was)
- Temporary Home (#1)
- Undo It (#1)
- Mama's Song (#2)
- There's A Place For Us (She co-wrote and sang the song + Golden Globe Nomination)
- You're Looking At Country (Huge honor for her)
- Soul Surfer
- How I Met Your Mother
- Hosting the CMAs with Brad Paisley
- All the accolades that she collected this year

- YOUR SUGGESTIONS?

I will try to make the video as short as possible since I don't think people will actually sit down and watch a full 10 minutes video! I'd rather see them take 10 minutes to vote!

My goals for this video:

- Killing intro and ending
- Good transitions (as flawless as possible)
- "Short" ( I know it's impossible because she's done too much! )
- Playing with your feelings
- Different from the CMA video... This is going to be hard because the material that I have is pretty much the same! But, I will try! I promise!

So what do you guys think? :)

Liveasong

* I'm sorry if my english is bad. I'm from Montreal! XD *

gocountrymusic

You have a great game plan and I cannot not wait to see the end product. The only slight idea I have is maybe mention the singles from recent (Mama's Song) to past (Temporary Home) so the last single mentioned is a number 1. Other than that I am NOT the creative type at all and I trust you completely.

PS. I had no idea you created those other two videos. They were AMAZING!

Carrieflattsfan

First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your videos! You do an amazing job showcasing who Carrie is as an artist and person.

I'd have to say I think the longer legenth of the videos is awesome; I probably don't only speak for myself when I say Carrie fans LOVE watching everything that showcases how awesome/scincere she is, no matter what the legenth of the video is. :)

Some ideas:
JAD (2008 CMA)
Winning CMT artist award & ACMA wins
Clip of Carrie in the "Soul Surfer" trailer
Use TAPFU &YLAC
Thanksgiving Day parade
GG red carpet interview
Various clips from Carrie on Idol-since it's the 10th season, it seems fitting (AI farwell to Simon, LN Idol performance, AI 11 commerical, or the commerical with Carrie used to promote last season).
"Change" from Idol Gives Back
Hosting CMA's with Brad (maybe two funny clips back-to-back)
Maybe you could show how Carrie has grown as a performer (Letting the crowd sing UI &BHC, cute concert clips).
NEON MOON!!!!! ;)
Rehearsing CC for CMA awards
Maybe include clips of other artists saying great things about Carrie (Vince, Dolly, etc.)
Maybe include still clips of her charity commericals or something
HOLLYWOOD BOWL! SUPERBOWL!

Anyway, these are just a few ideas...I tried to think of a mix of new and old clips, as well as things you hadn't included in either one.
Have fun, we know you will do an amazing job!!;)

PS- I LOVE the "echo" music/vocal effect you used on some of the clips....it really makes the video darmatic

Gator

Thanks for doing this again liveasong! I noticed that there have already been "For Your Consideration" ads for Reba, such as on MusicRow. Hopefully, Arista will be proactive on this, too!

Your other videos were fantastic - and I'm sure the next one will be too!

Last edited:

Zman312

I love your videos...They are very effective!

don't forget the SUperbowl as it was in 2010! Also Hollywood Bowl!!! Stadium of Fire, she was fan-voted to perform!

carriecountrystar

I would LOVE to see clips of carrie performing at the opry because she's said many times before how much she respects the opry and ALWAYS comes back to it because it's her "home" :) (especially the ones of when she turned the whole house PINK -breastcancer awareness- and also when she sung on "extreme makeover home edition" and sung temporary home and was kind enough to meet some of her fans too).
also, It'd be great to see the end of the "mama's song" performance on cma where it's shown that carrie got standing O from everyone to show the respect that carrie has from the industry.
hope you can also include carrie's performance of "undo it" at CMT as main vid for undo it but also include her performance on idol and jimmy kimmel.
for "you're looking at country"-please include loretta lynn's praise and also what carrie said during short interview
I think it would be efficient when showcasing Play On tour to include every aspect of it-like shots or short clips throughout it maybe even playing "Play on" and include the EPIC parts when she comes flying and swinging and PLAYING PIANO AND GUITAR and ELECTRIC guitar(cuing in on the epic part of "some hearts" where she belts out the epic high notes)

THANKS FOR MAKING THESE AMAAAZING VIDEOS!!!

carriecountrystar

oh and if the nominations are already out by then-to include the link to vote IN the video and also description box so NO one misses out on voting

Carrieflattsfan

A few other ideas:

Include Carrie's visit to the shelter she helped oversee that was built in OK
Footage from her clip on the special with Robin Roberts this year
Opry performances
ETOY wins
OLAY COMMERICALS!!!/w footage from the press confrence too
Commentary from Carrie's band members
MS, IU, and TAPFU footage
Magazine covers-including the wedding coverage from People
Hollywood Bowl Footage- use some of the songs that showcase her voice and the orchestra
Performances/w Dolly, Randy & Craig Morgan and SOS
Include facts about #1 singles, videos, co-writes, number of PO dates, the fact that she is now considered the most successful Idol (Maybe include commentary from Ryan & Simon).
Interview where she discusses the meaning of TAPFU
Acapella notes (IYH, Singing Happy Birthday, run at the end of LN, Glory note in '08 BHC performance, acapella begining in 2010 MS performance at CMAs)
PLEASE include the SLT/WL/SL performance from the first show of the tour
Funny interviews (Brad's comment about what Huck said about Carrie is one, haha).
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread! I LOVE this kind of stuff. :D

Claire2004

Hi Liveasong! We love your videos, and it's cool that other sites have also featured your videos in their blog. I agree with the suggestion above about including Opry performances. I'm thinking in particular the Opry performance that was feature in the Extreme Makeover Home Edition, that way you can showcase both her Opry involvement and social awareness at the same time :).

For the PO tour, I suggest the Country Roads segment so people will see the effects used in the tour, then the JTTW/HGTA segment so they can also see that with or without props, Carrie's performance is topnotch :)

liveasong

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will not deceive! I've read every single one of your posts and I will take into consideration your suggestions ! They're awesome and I'm glad you took the time to write to me about it. Carrie has done so much! LOL. Looking forward for others suggestions! :)

Suellen

liveasong, I love your videos and I know the next one is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see it.

jbrown

Your videos are very impressive and full of emotions. They really get to you. I am looking forward to it this year. Hopefully Carrie will be nominated. If you can squeeze it pls. include Kevin Costner, Randy Travis and Smokey Robinsons speeches during the CMT Artist of the Year Award show. They were very compelling. Thank you.

carriecountrystar

Your videos are very impressive and full of emotions. They really get to you. I am looking forward to it this year. Hopefully Carrie will be nominated. If you can squeeze it pls. include Kevin Costner, Randy Travis and Smokey Robinsons speeches during the CMT Artist of the Year Award show. They were very compelling. Thank you.

OHH YES!!!! the SMOKEY ROBINSON speeches to carrie is especially special and important as he's a legend (also was selected for MJ tribute) and a veteran in this music industry. VERY important person.
Also, I think it would be an amazing sound playing when the vid comes to a close to include a clip of Carrie's performance of "jesus take the wheel" walmart soundcheck-the part where she changes it up and the instruments just hold out and she goes up really high and sings the chorus. I think that'd be a nice way to end it (or be anywhere in the video for that matter :D)
Also the beginning of how she did "so small" is WOWOW.
I don't know where that can fit in... maybe background music? I think she also sang that arrangement on tour as well ;)
showing footage from carrie's photoshoots would be icing on cake :) from all the magazines she's been on the past year. it would be SO cool if all the magazine covers could show almost at the same time with a "poof" affect.

lol I know these are a LOT of suggestions. thank-you for taking the time not only to make all these wonderful videos but also to take into consideration all the suggestions that are thrown at you. :) Appreciate it!
CANNOT WAITT FOR VID :D I LOVE watching your vids and I'm sure carrie would too. wish she can somehow see it!

sur_crazy4carrie

Maybe you can include a few of the comments from reputable sites on the net about how Carrie should have been nominated for and won CMA EOTY.
Including other people praising Carrie is always a good idea. Focus on her biggest asset -- her voice. And I would suggest not to include anything about her personal life.

liveasong

Wow! =D Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I think I know what kind of videos you guys want to see! I will do my best to not deceive! I will mainly focus on 2010 material since the EOTY accolade is for 2010! =P But that doesn't mean that I won't use this and that from the past years! =P

Carrieflattsfan

LiveaSong:

Found some potential clips for you to use.

Carrie talking about recording for Loretta, and Loretta talks about Carrie. At the begining of the second video, there's also a clip of Carrie in the studio recording YLAC. Hope this is helpful.:D

(Carrie's part starts at 1:59. SO cute Carrie recorded the song barefoot like Loretta did.)