Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

ChoctawCountyAffair

With the effort to tell the story of country music from the female perspective, the Texas University Press will release a new book called Woman Walk the Line: Women Writers on the Female Country Artists Who Marked Their Soul in September, 2017. Part of the American Music Series from UT Press, the 236-page book will be the first in the series to not focus on an individual in biography form, and instead will be a collection of essays from multiple artists compiled and edited by country music journalist and critic Holly Gleason.
Contributing essays to the book will be numerous classic and contemporary country artists, including Rosanne Cash, Loretta Lynn, The Judds, Alison Krauss, Bobbie Gentry, Tammy Wynette, and Taylor Swift. Woman Walk the Line is country women writing about other women who’ve inspired them. Taylor Swift writes about country music Hall of Famer Brenda Lee. Second-generation performer Aubrie Sellers explores the influence of Alison Krauss. Rosanne Cash pens an essay on June Carter Cash. And Grace Potter writes about Linda Ronstadt among other essays.

UT Press to Release ?Woman Walk The Line? Book | Saving Country Music

lizcarlo

I was listening to 1989. I was thinking how much I love the raw poetic writing on Clean. I hope we get more of that type of writing on next album.

lizcarlo

Ran across this on another site. I thought it was pretty awesome inspiring young women to play guitar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/the-slow-secret-death-of-the-electric-guitar/?utm_term=.2a95d7f50967

Here is Taylor part

To Phillip McKnight, a 42-year-old guitarist and former music store owner in Arizona, the spread of School of Rock isn’t surprising.

He carved out space for guitar lessons shortly after opening his music store in a strip mall in 2005. The sideline began to grow, and eventually, he founded the McKnight Music Academy. As it grew, from two rooms to eight, from 25 students to 250, McKnight noticed a curious development.

Around 2012, the gender mix of his student base shifted dramatically. The eight to 12 girls taking lessons jumped to 27 to 59 to 119, eventually outnumbering the boys. Why? He asked them.

Taylor Swift.

Nobody would confuse the pop star’s chops with Bonnie Raitt’s. But she does play a guitar.

Andy Mooney, the Fender CEO, calls Swift “the most influential guitarist of recent years.”

“I don’t think that young girls looked at Taylor and said, ‘I’m really impressed by the way she plays G major arpeggios.’ ” Mooney says. “They liked how she looked, and they wanted to emulate her.”

When McKnight launched a video series on YouTube, he did an episode called “Is Taylor Swift the next Eddie Van Halen?” He wasn’t talking about technique. He was talking about inspiring younger players. The video series, in the end, grew faster than guitar sales or lessons. Earlier this year, McKnight shut down his store.

The videos? He’ll keep doing them. They’re making money.

Momin

I was listening to 1989. I was thinking how much I love the raw poetic writing on Clean. I hope we get more of that type of writing on next album.

"Clean" actually became my favourite song off the record. The imagery of water was complimented by the production that was like water pouring down and ripples being created in a pond. I think it ended the album perfectly. Would have loved to see a video of it.

lizcarlo

"Clean" actually became my favourite song off the record. The imagery of water was complimented by the production that was like water pouring down and ripples being created in a pond. I think it ended the album perfectly. Would have loved to see a video of it.

Me too. I bet the video would have been amazing. Clean has always been one of my favorites from the start.

twaintrain

Me too. I bet the video would have been amazing. Clean has always been one of my favorites from the start.

I was surprised it wasn't a single. I preferred it to "Wildest Dreams" for a ballad release. It was one of my faves from 1989.

Farawayhills

Caitlin Evanson (Taylor's former fiddler, who often fulfilled other roles on stage as well) and Liz Huett (her former backing singer). Both are very talented.

teesharky

Oh please. No offense but she is about as country as Snoop Dog. If she tries to prance her way back into country after showing her true pop colors at last-- I hope they slam the door in her face.

rcramer

I like her pop stuff more than her country stuff if only because once she went straight up pop they masked her voice into the arrangements better so you did not have that harsh "whine and shreak" that she does..
With her country stuff it was intentional to give her a more "authentic teen" sounding voice, which is what she has. But with the pop stuff they specifically gave it a broader over-produced sound so it does not stick out so much with other pop voices.

I liked her country song writing. I love Better Man. Its a great write. But her voice was so distracting to me. I could not take it.

I love Better Man too and thankfully Little Big Town did it, great song and great video........ Everything about her is distracting to me..... And lets face it she is not a great singer live...

And in her whole collection of Country Songs, there were only two that I really liked Tim McGraw and Tear Drops on My Guitar...... That's it...... POP can keep her....

hjj

Country is not like it use to be where once you leave it was difficult to get in the good graces of it again. The way music industry is these days, if you bring money and noteiritty, she will be welcome back. I think pop may be more upset. I think she will do like she did before, a few token songs to play on country radio to appease both country and pop.