Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

teesharky

Taylor was already part of UMG through her original label Big Machine. It was always part of the UMG umbrella. She was always part of UMG.

Countryfan2448

Taylor was already part of UMG through her original label Big Machine. It was always part of the UMG umbrella. She was always part of UMG.

No she wasn't

Big Machine Records is an independent American record label specializing in country and pop artists. Big Machine is based on Music Row in Nashville, Tennessee. The label was founded in September 2005 by former DreamWorks Records executive Scott Borchetta and became a joint venture between Borchetta and Country singer Toby Keith. The company concentrates on publishing, management, and merchandising and oversees imprints, such as Valory Music, that are part of the Big Machine Label Group.

UMG is a different label all together. Taylor is going to be with UMG-Republic Records

In a February 2015 interview, Borchetta refused to comment on the status of the label's distribution deal with UMG, which was up for renegotiation at the time. He confirmed that the label would release the next American Idol album, in partnership with 19 Entertainment and UMG—Borchetta would be one of the mentors on the reality program's next series. Borchetta also disclosed that Swift agreed to the withdrawal of her catalog from Spotify after he first suggested the idea to her, and that he would remove the music of all Big Machine artists if it was within his power.[SUP][6][/SUP]In October 2018, Big Machine was placed for sale, with bids from Macquarie Group, Evan Spiegel and Universal Music Group. Big Machine was valued at $300 million.[SUP][10][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Machine_Records

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I didn't mean to upset anyone..

Hil

I think what Tee meant was that UMG was already distributing her music. She switched to Republic which is a pop label. It's all basically still the same.

mbh

I think what Tee meant was that UMG was already distributing her music. She switched to Republic which is a pop label. It's all basically still the same.

The only difference is the profit sharing. Big Machine is no longer included in the share of the profit. So, Taylor Swift's share is higher and UMG's share is higher this time. It is a win-win for BOTH Taylor Swift and UMG.

lolita55

I kind of feel sorry for Big Machine because they just lost a lot of revenue. I wonder if her dad sold his percentage of the label.

ChoctawCountyAffair

2018 Ticketmaster Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift

What inspired US fans to name Taylor Swift as 2018 US Artist of the Year after her blockbuster Reputation tour came to a close? Let us count the ways.

For one thing, Swift was starting from a place of strength. After all, the album Reputation was certified triple Platinum, with its biggest single, “Look What You Made Me Do,” going Platinum four times over. The album boasted a larger-than-life production, the tour production matched it in spades. From Swift’s high flying over her audiences, to surprise guests, and the gigantic, building-sized snake sculptures looming over the stage, Swift has forevermore upped the standard for stadium tours.

Speaking of stadiums, Swift broke attendance records at one after another, throughout her tour’s 53 shows. She raised the bar for touring records set by everyone from Metallica to One Direction and even U2. And at several of them she became the first female ever to headline multiple nights, giving her longtime “girl power” theme some real teeth.

Like Springsteen on Broadway, Swift’s Reputation tour was also powered by Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan, enabling a staggering one million fans to gain access to tickets early, safely, and quickly based on their engagement and passion for this powerful performer.

The tour became the biggest-selling North American run by any woman ever, and guess who Swift beat out for that honor? Yep, you guessed it: herself. She actually set the previous record with the 2015 tour for her album 1989.

It’s no wonder the Reputation tour earned rapturous reviews everywhere from Variety to Billboard and beyond, and her fans were “Ready For It” as they dub her Ticketmaster’s 2018 Artist of the Year for the US.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/2018-ticket-of-the-year-winners-us/?ac_link=tmpromo_toty_social_winner_twitter&utm_source=Twitter.com&utm_medium=TMBrandSocial&utm_campaign=TOTY

ChoctawCountyAffair

Taylor Swift Reveals Her Mom's Cancer Has Returned

“Both of my parents have had cancer, and my mom is now fighting her battle with it again,” Taylor wrote in her piece for Elle. “It’s taught me that there are real problems and then there’s everything else. My mom’s cancer is a real problem. I used to be so anxious about daily ups and downs. I give all of my worry, stress, and prayers to real problems now.”

I didn't know Scott had cancer before, and poor Andrea, she's so sweet and such a great mom, i hate that she is going through this again.

_luvqry

I came here to post about the Elle - 30 things. I never liked TS but reading that article was actually good. I'm not saying now I like her but at least it made me sympathize a little bit.