Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

ChoctawCountyAffair

Taylor Swift – reputation Stadium Tour

$152,490,491 / $6,931,386
1,212,986 / 55,136
22 / 22
$125.71

Messina Touring Group

___

July 26-28, 2018
3 shows
Taylor Swift
Gillette Stadium
Foxborough, United States
174,764 (100%)
$49.50 – $499.50

$21,779,846

twaintrain

I saw Taylor last night in Nashville and it was absolutely amazing! The term spectical is an understatement, definitely a spectacular. I was a little worried about it being a stadium show since I’ve never been to one, but the way she had it set up was great. With two stages at the opposite side of the main stage, she was able to get closer and performed “Blank Space” and “Dress” right in front of my section. I was row 5 so it was awesome! She sounded great. She really let it fly on “Don’t Blame Me,” my personal fave from Reputation. I don’t know if it would be possible to top this tour for pure entertainment and bells and whistles. I had a long drive but it was worth it.

twaintrain

Oh and I forgot to mention I sat next to a couple of girls that said this was their first Taylor show. They said their first concert was Carrie Underwood and they loved it so much they decided to start going to more concerts. They already had their tickets for the Cry Pretty Tour.

LilUnderwood

I agree with TwainTrain I saw her last Saturday in Nashville as well! It was my first time ever seeing her because I have loved this new album so much. It was a spectacular show! I loved it and was impressed by her performance and interaction with the crowd! I would definitely be interested in seeing her in the future!

Farawayhills

A special treat for Taylor Swift fans who are avid collectors. This previously unreleased cut, from ten years ago, has Taylor singing with Jack Ingram, on a studio demo of "Hold On", performing the featured vocal part which Sheryl Crow sang on Jack's final album cut.
(As Blu Sanders said on Twitter, it's probably the only time in his life that a song he wrote will have Sheryl Crow, Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift all lending their voices to it at various times!)

clh_hilary

https://www.instagram.com/p/BopoXpYnCes/?hl=en&taken-by=taylorswift

Tennesse voter Taylor "Republicans do it better" Swift has made an Instagram post to denounce female Republican congresswoman Rep Marsha Blackburn BS (who's running for senate), to support her Democratic rival Gov Phil Bredesen BA, former Mayor of Nashville. She also endorsed Oxford-educated Democrat congressman Rep Jim Cooper Esq BA MA JD.

This is the youngest and two-time Grammy Album of the Year winner first time publicly endorsing and denouncing a political candidate. She previously suggested that she voted for Democratic President Barack Obama after the fact, but never showed clear support for Secretary Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

clh_hilary

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/112588643.html

All while bribing the Grammy judges with tickets to her concerts.

Putting aside the fact that they were free tickets, this is also irrelevant to whether a tax-paying citizen could have and voice her political opinion.

She has as much right as you and anyone else do to have and voice her political opinion. I'm not American and I don't live in the United States, but I was under the impression that there's something called freedom of speech in your country.

clh_hilary

Charlie Kirk, the founder of Turning point USA and military reject, has demanded that the multi-time Entertainer of the Year to "stay away from politics", and proclaimed that her career has not recovered since "Kanye ended it".

He was likely referring to either the 2009 VMA incident or the 2016 flop "Famous". The Golden Globe nominee has had No 1 hits such as "Mine", "Back To December", "Mean", "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (her first No 1), "I Knew You Were Trouble.", "Shake It Off", "Blank Space", "Bad Blood", and most recently, "Look What You Made Me Do".

After Dr West ended her career, she of course also opened with more than a million copies in the United States four times, with the previous record being two million-opening albums by the Backstreet Boys, Eminem, and *Nsync.

ChoctawCountyAffair

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/112588643.html

All while bribing the Grammy judges with tickets to her concerts.

I guess you can't read.

Krasker clarified in a follow up tweet that the tickets were not free: “That is correct. It was an invitation to purchase tickets. I am sorry that I wasn't more clear in my original tweet – I was just excited to show my Twitter-friends the packaging, which I thought was amazing. But it was an invitation to purchase VIP tickets, not free seats.”

clh_hilary

The Power of Taylor Swift

And it appears Swift’s appeal worked—vote.org was flooded with new registrations across the country in the 24 hours after the singer uploaded her post.

Kamari Guthrie, director of communications for vote.org, told BuzzFeed that the site saw 65,000 registrations between Sunday and Monday—about a third as many as the site had in the entire month of September (190,178 new registrations).

In Tennessee specifically, close to half of October’s new registrations took place in the 36 hours after Swift’s post went up. Of the 5,183 registrations that Vote.org has received, at least 2,144 of them came after the post, according to Guthrie.

But that’s not all. The number of unique visitors to the site also soared, with 155,940 unique visitors in the day following the post. That number is only bested by the number of visitors on National Voter Registration Day, when the site had 304,942 unique visitors. For context, the site typically sees an average of 14,078 visitors this year.

Taylor Swift Caused Voter Registration Surge With Instagram Post | Fortune

His Excellency President Donald Trump may be 25% less of a Swiftie now, but it seems the TayLORD has saved democracy in the United States of America, by getting the electorates to care about elections.

Is she actually going to be able to sway the election the Democratic way, like Madonna did when she helped His Excellency President William Clinton win his presidency (marginally)?

Kizmet311

My local radio station shared this. I think it's giving Taylor a bit too much credit. The more likely reason is that the deadline is today and we live in a world full of procrastinators who wait until the last minute.

clh_hilary

My local radio station shared this. I think it's giving Taylor a bit too much credit. The more likely reason is that the deadline is today and we live in a world full of procrastinators who wait until the last minute.

It's quite literally global news though.

On a related note, I saw people talking about this on a Hong Kong forum, and someone said "if you want to listen to country, you should listen to Carrie Underwood".

clh_hilary

The Woke Voice of Our Generation Taylor Swift opened the American Music Awards with "I Did Something Bad", an album track from her No 1 album Reputation. It's uncertain whether she's releasing it as a single, following "Look What You Made Me Do", "...Ready For It?", "End Game", and the now done "Delicate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK3HT76hero

Some people should simply lip-sync more...

I never trust a narcissist
But they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look oh so easy
'Cause for every lie I tell them
They tell me three
This is how the world works
Now all he thinks about is me
I can feel the flames on my skin
Crimson red paint on my lips
If a man talks ****, then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming
They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good
I never trust a playboy
But they love me
So I fly him all around the world
And I let them think they saved me
They never see it comin'
What I do next
This is how the world works
You gotta leave before you get left
I can feel the flames on my skin
He says, "Don't throw away a good thing"
But if he drops my name, then I owe him nothin'
And if he spends my change, then he had it comin'
Then why's it feel so good?
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good
It just felt so good
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
They got their pitchforks and proof
Their receipts and reasons
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
So light me up

Countryfan2448

Not to get anyone mad here but Taylor Swift (whom most of you hate) has switch to UMG. (I don't know what that means for Carrie but I don't think it will help Country artists that are on it.)

simonplay

Not to get anyone mad here but Taylor Swift (whom most of you hate) has switch to UMG. (I don't know what that means for Carrie but I don't think it will help Country artists that are on it.)

It means nothing for Carrie. It's just another artist changing labels.

Farawayhills

There's an article about it here:
https://musicrow.com/2018/11/taylor-swift-signs-with-universal-music-group/

I don't think she is signing with the Nashville division of UMG, so there is unlikely to be a promotional conflict with Carrie in the United States. If there is an effect, it would potentially be internationally - however, even in that case, I doubt if it would have much effect on Carrie's expected overseas promotional push. Taylor's mentor, Scott Borchetta, has always had close links with UMG - and UMG have already been distributing her records in several countries, including the UK, for a number of years.. It would still be in UMG's interest to develop Carrie's international prospects as a major new artist for them - especially as her style and focus is likely to remain substantially different from Taylor's