Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tears of Gold

Jane-Alex

I hope they will have a chance to perform this live once its possible. Imagine Carrie and David performing this song (or any other song) on tv in Spain.

Josh

So, I've had near to zero sense of smell or taste since last night, which means what I have is more than just the common cold...

BUT, I have Tears of Gold to listen to and keep me uplifted lol! Odd way to end my year and celebrate Carrie's Christmas Day here, but better than nothing. I don't have a working tv atm lol, so I'll have to catch up on her special when I'm better.

countryfan2006

Ana Maria Luján on Twitter: "Imperdible! Bonito reportaje sobre la nueva canción de nuestro @davidbisbal en @informativost5! Con algunas imágenes de la grabación del clip! #TearsOfGold @carrieunderwood https://t.co/nqH90yD9xx" / Twitter

EoVobvZXMAISQ0w

Bookgirl36

It grows on me with each listen and I'll stream to death (after buying of course) to help it out, but this does have a 2013 scent all over it. These club-style love songs that are almost EDM-pop were HUGE then.

Pretty impressive all the things Carrie has invented recently: Holiday albums in September, Christmas specials, tying for EOTY, being robbed at the CMAs, singing in Spanish, straight hair. She must be exhausted. ; )

This will date me but the club style love songs were popular when I was in high school in the late 90s & early 2000s so as far that sound goes,it’s been around for awhile.The song is growing on me for sure. The song is stuck on a perpetual loop in my head so that tells me it’s a good song when that happens.

Kizmet311

I absolutely LOVE the video for Tears of Gold. Carrie is so freaking gorgeous. The song is very catchy and definitely makes me want to dance, lol. It may not be the style of music that I typically go for and, of course, as a Carrie fan I always wish there was more Carrie, but I think this is pretty awesome for her to branch out and do this song and reach a whole new audience. I am glad she accepted the challenge of singing in Spanish and I really hope this serves as a great way to introduce her to the Latin music audience. Hopefully it is really successful so that Carrie can do more cool stuff like this!

Also, I was in my late teens or twenties when Jennifer Lopez was huge with songs like "Waiting for Tonight" and I loved dancing to those. If this song had come out 20 years ago, I'm sure I would have been dancing to it in a club somewhere, lol.

liz278

I have watched this video a lot. The song has been stuck in my head all day. I hope this is a successful way for Carrie to get better known worldwide.

Bookgirl36

I have watched this video a lot. The song has been stuck in my head all day. I hope this is a successful way for Carrie to get better known worldwide.

I feel you. The song has literally been stuck in a loop the entire day like a danged earworm you can’t get rid of.Even after listening to the song only a few times,it got stuck in my head but I don’t consider any of that a bad thing.But hopefully this song is a gateway for Carrie to be better known worldwide.

PRGuy79

It occurs to me that this is a Linda Ronstadt moment for our Carrie - shaking things up completely to remind the world that she is an artist that cannot and will not be put into a box as a singer. She can and will continue to choose projects that prevent her from being limited by the expectations of others. When Linda Ronstadt was recently honored at the Kennedy Center and Carrie performed, this was one of the aspects of Linda's career that Carrie said she admired - that Linda transitioned between country, pop, classical, folk and Latin music effortlessly, and she found a bigger/different audience with each new evolution of her career. Our Carrie is like that, I believe.

Last edited:

countryfan2006

Cameron Forbes
@cam4bes
·
3h
Proud to be a co-writer on this one. Thank you
@davidbisbal

@carrieunderwood
for bringing this to life. #tearsofgold

mooret

just seen the video and heard the song oh myyyyyyy GOD!!!! RAINING TEARS OF GOLD love both !! they both did awesome!!!

countrymusicfan15

It occurs to me that this is a Linda Ronstadt moment for our Carrie - shaking things up completely to remind the world that she is an artist that cannot and will not be put into a box as a singer. She can and will continue to choose projects that prevent her from being limited by the expectations of others. When Linda Ronstadt was recently honored at the Kennedy Center and Carrie performed, this was one of the aspects of Linda's career that Carrie said she admired - that Linda transitioned between country, pop, classical, folk and Latin music effortlessly, and she found a bigger/different audience with each new evolution of her career. Our Carrie is like that, I believe.

Well said!!!