Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ten Reasons Glee Should Feature Carrie

abbeyjones18

Cool...they did sing Last Name and played Home Sweet Home in the background of one episode last season, I believe (edit...lol...Last Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...look at the bottom of page, lol...)I do have hope that they will do more Carrie songs, but, it all depends on what the storyline is...Glee does such a great job choosing songs that go well with the storyline... :)

By the way, I like Justin, and I think that he's a nice kid, with an okay voice, and with very annoying fans (heard about what they are saying about the girl who won the Grammy, my goodness...)...

allamericangirl8

Ten Reasons Glee Should Not Feature Carrie
1. I never want to watch an episode of Glee.
2. People at school will be talking about the storyline or the singing as opposed to Carrie herself.
3. Glee's popularity is annoying me.
4. Carrie does not need Glee.
5. I, as a fan, would not be thoroughly entertained by this.
6. How I Met Your Mother >>>>> Glee.
7. Glee is Degrassi with singing.
8. Glee <<<<<<<<<< Degrassi.
9. I don't want people coming up to me at school screaming, "OOOMIGAAWWDDD! Your girlfriend's gonna be on Glee! Aren't you gonna diiiieeee!?"
10. I'm a selfish, selfish Carrie fan.

But I am going through Carrie withdrawals, so maybe. :cool:

Jade_kt

I don't watch Glee so I don't really care one way or the other. I mean if her songs is played, kewl more exposure for her and if not, that's fine to cause I don't really watch the show anyways. But it seems like a popular show so that's kewl.

ohlove

Glee is the most unamusing show I have ever watched, and the only reason I watch is to support Darren Criss who is insanely talented. The only reason I was okay with Last Name was being Cheno did it, if the actual cast of Glee were to cover her songs I would be really upset. 90% of the songs they cover they absolutely wreck.

AIgrl06

I don't watch Glee, but I wouldn't be opposed to this idea, lol. I love hearing everyone's different takes on Carrie's songs! A Carrie-centric episode would be cool.

CarrieFan928

I don't mean to rain on your parade but here are some problems I find with your list. (The numbers will represent the # on the list I am referring to.)

1. True, Carrie does have more #1 hits but that's on the country charts where #1 hits are easier than on pop. Plus, Carrie has one number-one hit on the Billboard 100 chart and I wouldn't really call it a huge, signature song unlike the other artists' that you mentioned #1 hits. Glee usually likes to put well-known songs into their episodes.
2. Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga have only been around for a little over a year so it's unfair. Carrie isn't in her "pop" peak anymore (aka Some Hearts era) unlike these two artists. So Carrie won't attract as big of an audience as other artists. These two artists are also pop stars so they're more likely to have fans and just random curious people who are more eager to turn on Glee than country fans.
3. I don't watch Glee so I can be so sure whether or not they feature many religious songs. Carrie has hardly released any love songs as singles. I did hear Glee was having an alcohol-themed episode so maybe wasted could've fit that but with artists like Kesha and Jamie Foxx, her country-er songs will feel out of place in most episodes.
4. A celebrity hellish decent is what makes the artist more intriguing :D
5. BHC is a specific song so if they sing this, it may seem like they're stealing a plot from the song. (I mean the guy cheating then busting of car, not all the verses. And singing this during the episode will make it seem more stolen.)
7. I'm not sure if your implying Carrie be on the show or not.
8. I think a country episode is being/has been filmed.
9. I think it might turn some Glee fans away because a lot of pop fans HATE country music. The not-as-obsessed Glee fans might not watch.

It would be a great boost in her sales and I probably would watch an episode featuring Carrie. Not many artists are featured on Glee so it's already an honor to be featured. Other than Lady Gaga and Rihanna (excluding special episodes), not many artists, even really successful ones, are featured more than twice on Glee. ex (with one Glee-covered song): Beyonce, Kesha, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Katy Perry, Jay-Z, etc.

Carrieflattsfan

Ugh. I hope Carrie will stay as far away from Glee as possible. My Mom loves it, and has tried to get me to watch a few episodes, but I find myself to be bored everytime. For one thing, isn't this show supposed to be about music?? They spend way too much time on a completely uninteresting plot focused on equally boring teenagers with nothing interesting to offer to the show. Plus, I just can't get into the choir style of singing they do on the show; who wants to watch a show that's supposed to be about music devoting no less than 10 minutes per episode to cheesy choir singers? No thanks. If I want to watch a show that actually shows what it advertises, I'll watch Idol.

I just don't understand the appeal of the show at all.:confused:

m.chill99

I'm a HUGE gleek (but a bigger carebear) and I really don't think they're gonna sing Carrie. Last time they did, the cast didn't even sing the LN!!! April Rhodes (Kristen Chenowith) did!!! Personally, I didn't like her performance of LN. I would MUCH rather have Rachel or Mercedes or Santana (Yeah that's right, Santana!:p)sing one!!!!

CarrieFan_01

I'd love it if they sang some Carrie music on Glee! I know Kristin Chenoweth (who I love) sang Last Name, but it wasn't my favorite. I'd love to hear Lea Michele sing one of Carrie's songs. I think she's do amazing on some of Carrie's music.

HuiZ

I don't watch Glee, but since it is a very popular show now, getting Carrie on there would be great for her exposure, especially for international audience.

Also, why would I not want new Carrie music, performance and acting all rolled into one? :D