Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ringer

Casper

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister – only to learn that her sister’s seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she’s trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life – a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears mysteriously, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister’s identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan’s best friend, Gemma, and Gemma’s husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister’s penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself. The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma.
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/ringer

Last edited:

Kenny_Chisholm

I was about to come in and make a topic for this show! I personally can't wait! I grew up with buffy / sarah and i'm so thrilled that she's back on TV again.

Kenny_Chisholm

First picture ever!

sarah-michelle-gellar-ringer-upfront-520.jpg

aussiefan_21

WOW, this looks really good! Hope it comes over here on TV! I love Sarah/Buffy so it's great to see her do something else again in TV. Is she still married to Freddie Prinze Jnr? Any kids yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Casper

Former Knight Rider star Justin Bruening has landed a recurring role on Ringer, TV Line reports.

Bruening will play Tyler, who pursues Siobhan, one of the twin sisters Sarah Michelle Gellar plays. Tyler will have a lot of competition to deal with, though: Siobhan's already in a triangle with her husband (Ioan Gruffudd) and her lover (Kristoffer Polaha).

Bruening was most recently attached to the failed Wonder Woman pilot and has starred on All My Children — Gellar's former soap home, though they weren't on at the same time.

Ringer premieres Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c on the CW

Justin Bruening Joins Ringer - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Casper

Zoey Deutch has joined the cast of CW's thriller Ringer, replacing Caitlin Custer in the role of wild child Juliet, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Deutch, the daughter of actress Lea Thompson, previously appeared on the Disney Channel's The Suite Life on Deck and was cast in ABC's Hallelujah pilot from Desperate Housewives' Marc Cherry last year.

Juliet is the daughter of Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) and stepdaughter of Siobhan (Sarah Michelle Gellar). On the show, Siobhan's recovering addict twin sister, Bridget, assumes her sibling's identity while on the run from some unsavory types.

Ringer will reshoot Juliet's scenes in the pilot with Deutch before it premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c.

Dexter's Jaime Murray has also joined the cast as Andrew's business partner. Exclusive: CW's Ringer Recasts Role, Adds Zoey Deutch - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Kenny_Chisholm

Just watched the premiere. It is packed with information, my mind is still trying to process it. I sure hope the ratings are good because this show has mad potential!

epicamends

It definitely has potential. I wasn't terribly impressed with the pilot, but I know from past experience that pilots aren't always the best indicator of the quality of the show. For example, I thought The Vampire Diaries wasn't that great until about episode 5 of the first season, and now it's one of my favourite shows. So I'll definitely be giving Ringer a few more tries. :)

If I wasn't a fan of SMG, though, I don't know if I would.

Kenny_Chisholm

The numbers are in. By no means are they fantastic but they aren't bad either. If you haven't seen the show, you can watch it on Friday again and help spread the word!

SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR IS TWICE AS NICE FOR THE CW –
Ringer” DEBUT GIVES THE CW LARGEST AUDIENCE
IN THE TIME PERIOD IN OVER THREE YEARS

The CW Rings Up Most Watched Tuesday Night in More Than Two Years

Ringer Wins Its Time Period in 18-34 Demos for CW Stations in Major Markets,
Including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia

The CW to Re-Air Ringer Premiere This Friday, Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. and
Next Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. ET
September 14, 2011 (Burbank, CA) -- The series premiere of Ringer delivered The CW’s largest audience in the Tuesday 9-10:00p.m. time period in over three years (2.74 million, best since the 90210 series debut on 9/2/08), according to preliminary Live Plus Same Day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011. Ringer also scored the time period’s best women 18-49 (1.6/4) delivery in over 2 years (since 9/8/09) and best women 18-34 (1.6/4) performance here since 11/09/09.

Ringer helped lift The CW to its best Tuesday night overall in over two years among total viewers (2.18 million) and women 18-49 (1.4/4), best since 9/8/09.

Ringer scored gains of +66% in total viewers, +50% in adults 18-49 (1.2/3) and +45% in women 18-49 (1.6/4), versus Life Unexpected’s debut in the same time period last fall.

Ringer built on the 90210 season premiere by 68% in total viewers (2.74 million vs. 1.6 million), 22% in adults 18-34 (1.1/3 vs. 0.9/3), 23% in women 18-34 (1.6/4 vs. 1.3/4), 50% in adults 18-49 (1.2/3 vs. 0.8/3) and 45% in women 18-49 (1.6/4 vs. 1.1/3).

The CW will re-air the series premiere of Ringer Friday night, 8 p.m. ET and Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. ET.

Moving to a new night this Fall, 90210 was on par with last season’s finale (when it aired Monday 8-9:00p.m.) in total viewers (1.6 million).

Up against the season finale of America’s Got Talent, Ringer and 90210 pushed The CW to rank number one for the night among adults 18-34 in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Phoenix. The CW also ranked number one among women 18-34 in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Phoenix, Tampa, Orlando and Sacramento.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/14/%E2%80%9Cringer%E2%80%9D-debut-gives-the-cw-largest-audience-in-the-time-period-in-over-three-years/103668/