Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice Season 8

maddkat

Staff member
Really happy to see Meghan Linsey make it through.
Always loved her voice when she was with Steel Magnolia.

thank goodness she's not on Blake's team

hjj

The audition part with the chairs and the judges and the audience just makes it more vibrant. I still rarely watch a whole show tho.

lizcarlo

Really happy to see Meghan Linsey make it through.
Always loved her voice when she was with Steel Magnolia.

thank goodness she's not on Blake's team

Pharell may not have Christina voice. I can see why she picked Pharell. He is producer and writer, and knows about behind the scenes of music. He is such a nice guy. Happy she picked him. Adam is such a drama queen. I suppose it was rough.

Smokyiiis

Loved the first guy last night and BOY OH BOY does he have some dance moves! LOL Brought the crowd with those moves and that sultry soul. (Anthony Riley)

AdamJ

I tried to watch a little of the show last night and I still still think it is more about the judges than the contestants. The judges are not cute and funny at all. You would think after so many years they would find at least 1 contestant that is relevant---and there is none----the judges are the winners here by promoting their own careers. I can not get into it at all.

Smokyiiis

One of Adam's people couldn't stay on pitch to save his life. Have no clue why he was pulling for him.

rainbow1

I read an article on Saving Country Music yesterday. They were talking about having Meghan and others (named) that already had connections with labels and some degree of success. Saving thinks they are doing anything they can, to come up with a Star...like Idol has. They weren't blaming the contestants, but said the show is fooling the public. They raved about Meghan's voice, but said she had already had noms from CMA's and AMA's...and toured with Blake. Like I said, they named a lot of others.

maddkat

Staff member
^ the Voice has always since the first invited people who have had a bit of success to try out

Meghan had a couple of noms with Steel Magnolia.
Not her fault her partner/fiance had some problems and had to go to rehab.
After that she had to start from scratch.

^ the Voice has always since the first invited people who have had a bit of success to try out

I thought these shows were to find new talent, DUH

Smokyiiis

Blake Shelton on why he returned for another season of 'The Voice' | Fox News

Blake Shelton is not only one of the hottest names in country music, he’s also one of the most sought-after coaches on NBC’s singing competition show, "The Voice."
Shelton has been part of the show since its inception, and that’s not an accident. In a recent chat with ABC News Radio, the star explains why he decided to return for the latest season.

“Some of the most exciting things thats happened for me in recent times is seeing artists that Ive worked with on this show have some success, whether its getting a record deal, whether its winning an award,” Shelton says. “Whatever it is, being nominated for awards those are the things that keep me coming back here as a coach on "The Voice."

Shelton is the only coach that has appeared on all eight seasons of the show, and given his track record, that’s no surprise. The star has coached several of his team members to success. RaeLynn just celebrated her first Top 20 hit with “God Made Girls,” and the Swon Brothers are nominated for Vocal Duo of the Year at this year’s ACM Awards. Seeing his team members achieve their dreams is what inspires Shelton to keep coming back year after year.
What really drives me now is to try to help someone else reach the level that they want to reach and have an opportunity for the world to hear their music and voice and about who they are as an artist, he explains. To have one little, tiny part in that for some of these artists, thats really exciting for me.

rainbow1

I didn't say it was her fault and neither did they. I don't watch the show, I was just posting another viewpoint for conversation.

JB172

It's going to be really, really difficult for either AI or The Voice to produce a "star" now a days, when you have established stars who has a really good week when they sell over 200k during an album release week there is no way that someone coming off of either show is going get anywhere close to that, if someone came off either show now and do 100k+ that would be a major achievement.