Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice

HuiZ

No threads for The Voice yet?

Just saw the premiere of the show and I have to say, it looks promising! The audition format is more refreshing/fun (or maybe it's because Idol is getting stale for me). Combined them with more "current" judges and good chemistry between them, this show could potentially do very well.

Some of the ones I loved from the first episode:

Javier - Time After Time

Patrick - Live Like You Were Dying

Jeff - Bless The Broken Road

Rebecca - Come As You Are

What do you guys think of the show?

bree

I actually really enjoyed it. The judges were great. Very funny and entertaining. Javier was my favorite of the night.

HuiZ

Javier's studio version of the song is REALLY GOOD!

He opened for Taylor Hicks on tour! I wish he was on Idol instead, there was hardly anyone like him (good R&B guy who are not fodders) in recent Idol seasons.

HuiZ

This girl's got a gorgeous voice too. <3 She just need to get rid of her nerves in later shows.

Xenia - Breakeven

Kizmet311

I loved the show. My hubby even watched it without protesting (he refuses to watch Idol). Heck, he even got upset when the last 20 minutes got interrupted becaues of the news breaking in for weather. I love the format and I love that contestants get to pick their mentor if more than one person likes them. It's fun to see the friendly competition between the celebs to get who they want. I loved Blake on it. He's the reason I decided to tune in, but I think my hubby and I will continue watching for sure. Just hoping that NBC will put it online so we can see the last 20 minutes that we missed last night!

HuiZ

question:

Why does Adam Levine have to be so hot?!
Omg I know right? I love him! haha

ETA: Ratings are in. Good news for NBC.
The Mark Burnett-produced singing competition improved NBC’s season average in the time period by 89 percent. With a 5.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 11.8 million viewers overall, it is the top-rated series premiere on a major network since CBS’ Undercover Boss debut following the 2010 Super Bowl.
The Voice bested Glee 4.6 vs. 3.4 (from 9-9:30) and Dancing With the Stars 4.9 vs. 3.5 (from 9-10 p.m.).

http://mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-opens-big-with-11-8-million-viewers.htm

supercarriefan

I really like The Voice. The format is interesting, and I enjoy that the contestants are given some power over their mentor. The mentors seem like they are really excited about their roles on the show, and it will be interesting to see how each of them goes about mentoring their team. I liked seeing that Cee-Lo recognized Frenchie lol.

I don't get why the press was making such a big deal about this show being competition for Idol. Each show is so different that I enjoy both, and I happen to think there is room for both shows to do well.

bree

I loved the show. My hubby even watched it without protesting (he refuses to watch Idol). Heck, he even got upset when the last 20 minutes got interrupted becaues of the news breaking in for weather. I love the format and I love that contestants get to pick their mentor if more than one person likes them. It's fun to see the friendly competition between the celebs to get who they want. I loved Blake on it. He's the reason I decided to tune in, but I think my hubby and I will continue watching for sure. Just hoping that NBC will put it online so we can see the last 20 minutes that we missed last night!

It's re-airing tonight on NBC! Part 2 of the blind auditions aren't until next week.

Cps235

I like The Voice as well. It was different, new and the mentors were really into it! Blake was funny and so were the others. I am very excited to see more :)

Carrieflattsfan

Christina makes me want to vomit so I just can't do it. lol

Christina is one of my favorite artists, but I have to agree with you, and I only watched a few auditions. She looked ticked off everytime a contestant chose another mentor,and some of her comments were towards Blake and Adam were downright rude. I was hoping all the gossip about her being a nasty witch weren't true, but this didn't change my opinion.
I've LOVED Javair's audition since I saw the promo, but I'm absolutely in love with his full audition, and I'm rooting for him.
He has an incredible voice.

Some others I liked:

litchfield93

You're all missing the most important part...Cherie...former Carrie back-up singer, is on the show. Her audition will air next week and I have to "guess" that she'll be making it through to the next rounds. She's awesome-and so talented. Get those voting fingers ready! :)

HuiZ

You're all missing the most important part...Cherie...former Carrie back-up singer, is on the show. Her audition will air next week and I have to "guess" that she'll be making it through to the next rounds. She's awesome-and so talented. Get those voting fingers ready! :)
Wow really? That's awesome. Will be watching out for her for sure!

allamericangirl8

I love the idea of teams against each other. Adam is so cute and Blake is really funny. Don't care for the other two. Favourite contestants thus far: Javier and Xenia.

HuiZ

^ Ooops. You did? I'm so sorry, I didn't see it :(

I love the idea of teams against each other. Adam is so cute and Blake is really funny. Don't care for the other two. Favourite contestants thus far: Javier and Xenia.
These two are my faves for now too :)