Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The X-Factor (US)

gaycarebear

Isn't this the most ridiculous thing ever? I feel so bad for Carly Rose. What is happening with Leann? I saw Windmills say on twitter that she needs an intervention - by those closest to her. I agree with that, she can't keep this up. It's like watching a train wreck and you don't want to watch but you do, and you can't do anything about it. So sad :(

Leann tweeted earlier. She never gave any media outlet a quote. TMZ first reported the news and they ALWAYS drum up drama even when there isn't any. They often misquote people just for headlines.

Anyways, I'm pretty much over people belittling Leann and bashing her (not that you are, just something I've observed since her performance last night). She obviously has alot of demons she's dealing with, from her rise to fame as a child star, to her father using her, etc. I'm the last person that could judge her, as I'm far from perfect. Plus, I've long since forgiven her for the affair scandal a few years ago...as a ton of celebrities have had affairs (Angelina, Julia Roberts, Jason Aldean, etc).

I just think people need to let go of the hate and realize that what Leann needs more than anything right now is support and love...NOT more hate and tearing down. That's just doing more damage...

Schrodinger

Every time I think about a child star imploding I'm reminded how God's timing worked in Carrie's life. The record deal falling a part when she was 14 was such a blessing.

liz278

I hope I didn't come across as hating on Leann, I just think she really REALLY needs help.

I also agree that I am so glad that Carrie was not a child star. In her VH1 special her mom talks about how they thought she could have done something, but Carrie talks about how glad she is that she didn't get a record deal. She calls herself a baby.

I also think Carly Rose is a good singer. And that must be why they asked Leann to sing with her because Leann started at 13 :confused:

gaycarebear

I hope I didn't come across as hating on Leann, I just think she really REALLY needs help.

I also agree that I am so glad that Carrie was not a child star. In her VH1 special her mom talks about how they thought she could have done something, but Carrie talks about how glad she is that she didn't get a record deal. She calls herself a baby.

I also think Carly Rose is a good singer. And that must be why they asked Leann to sing with her because Leann started at 13 :confused:

Oh you didn't, not at all.

Yea, I think that was their reasoning.

JB172

Isn't this the most ridiculous thing ever? I feel so bad for Carly Rose. What is happening with Leann? I saw Windmills say on twitter that she needs an intervention - by those closest to her. I agree with that, she can't keep this up. It's like watching a train wreck and you don't want to watch but you do, and you can't do anything about it. So sad :(

When it comes down to it, whoever the person maybe who has the issues it their life, there is only so much that anyone in their life can do for them and at some point the person who is ruining their life needs to step up and help themselves because there is only so much that other people can do.

liz278

And if someone tries to help, it usually means enabling that person to continue. I know that it has to all come from the person.

I don't like to see all the hate she is getting. I love the internet, but the anonymity of it can allow people to post some horrible things. So for those people who are saying nasty horrible things about Leann, I wish it would stop. It isn't helping the situation.

I thought Carly sounded amazing...Leann just needs to admit she was off and leave it at that. It had nothing to do with Carly (who was my fav btw..she will have a huge career!!)

teesharky

Carly Rose should have won. She is amazing! While I like Tate-- he is kind of too much like all the other male country singers out there right now. I don't t he stands out from the pack, you know? He has a nice voice, but nothing extraordinary.

I think people loved his family, etc-and for some reason, the country/South crowd votes harder at these things then the North East or urban cities.

I am not trying to bash Tate-- he is a nice guy and has a nice voice. I just don't feel that WOW XFactor I feel with Carly.

gaycarebear

Carly Rose should have won. She is amazing! While I like Tate-- he is kind of too much like all the other male country singers out there right now. I don't t he stands out from the pack, you know? He has a nice voice, but nothing extraordinary.

I think people loved his family, etc-and for some reason, the country/South crowd votes harder at these things then the North East or urban cities.

I am not trying to bash Tate-- he is a nice guy and has a nice voice. I just don't feel that WOW XFactor I feel with Carly.

I was pulling for 5th Harmony. Man, those girls, every single one of them has so much talent.

From what I'm hearing from a source, they're already signed. Let's hope that's true :)

pklongbeach

Tate proved for me when he sang his christmas song that he is a good singer but does not "own" his singing yet.
He "sings along" to the music, he does not own it.
Carley really does own what she sings. She is really really good. I would have expected her to win. I hope there was not any negative energy coming from the Leanne thing that caused people to avoid picking up the phone for her. I did not watch the Leanne segment so I have no idea how it looked on camera. But obviously the public responded after the segment nagatively.
And we all know that the finale competition night is crucial to winning.
(who knows), Tate is a good singer. Just not sure he is the whole package.
Carly will hopefully find a strong first single and come out like Jepsen did.
5th Harmony, for me, had one good thing going for them. The cute girl with the Big Bow! I could not take my eyes off her whenever they were on.
She would probably do better on her own.
But yes, I got the feeling that Simon already has plans for 5th H.
Idk about the 3 guys. They were doing well enough but then they just got real weird toward the end and last night just seemed to be trying too hard to be cool and hype.
Best of luck to them all.

Ann055

I'm thrilled for Tate -- his story -- they all had stories -- he's all of of 37 -- well darn him for being too old.

Carly -- it's a blessing in disguise she didn't win -- she's 13 -- yes, she has an incredible voice, however no matter how great your family is, get a 5M deal...inner circle, she can do no wrong (there are others in inner circle besides family who push and push and convince and convince) the yes men (or women). Very very few young singers, actors, make it when they start so young or if they do, most are screwed up at some point. It's too much pressure and most everyone tells them they can do no wrong. Carly will have absolutely no problem getting a record deal, as she most definitely should -- however, if it's now....big mistake, in my humble opinion.

Fifth Harmony - they were coming into their own -- peaked too late -- hard to put a group together like was done. I hope they make it --

ALL of the top 3 need to have an inner circle that will tell the TRUTH, not what the artist wants to hear or the yes men/women. God bless all 3 if they don't.

pklongbeach

I agree about Carly. She seemed "too" polished.
And the looks on her face lastnight seemed to read that she was needing this win for the people around her as much (if not more) than for herself.
I commented last night, it was like she was reverting back to a little girl right before our eyes.
I agree. Give her time.
She will always be a great singer.
If Tate is going to have a shot. This is it. So, yes, good for him.

JB172

I'm thrilled for Tate -- his story -- they all had stories -- he's all of of 37 -- well darn him for being too old.

Carly -- it's a blessing in disguise she didn't win -- she's 13 -- yes, she has an incredible voice, however no matter how great your family is, get a 5M deal...inner circle, she can do no wrong (there are others in inner circle besides family who push and push and convince and convince) the yes men (or women). Very very few young singers, actors, make it when they start so young or if they do, most are screwed up at some point. It's too much pressure and most everyone tells them they can do no wrong. Carly will have absolutely no problem getting a record deal, as she most definitely should -- however, if it's now....big mistake, in my humble opinion.

Fifth Harmony - they were coming into their own -- peaked too late -- hard to put a group together like was done. I hope they make it --

ALL of the top 3 need to have an inner circle that will tell the TRUTH, not what the artist wants to hear or the yes men/women. God bless all 3 if they don't.

I was also very happy to see Tate win.

maddkat

Staff member
this 4 chair round is brutal.The looks the ones in the chair give the ones singing is hilarious - daggers!!
Except when Rion sang last night, then all the girls were crying.She was great.

Not sure why they don't automatically put the first 4 in chairs after they sing though

Not really getting the Lillie McCloud love.She's had more then her share of chances to make it big and hasn't.
There's got to be a reason.

pklongbeach

I think the whole thing is just cruel at this point.

There is no need for all that.

We are voyeurs watching the Lions kill Christians. And Gladiators kill slaves.

I see no need for it.