Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated and Overrated Songs On Blown Away?

CarrieFan928

Just wondering what you guys think are some of the most underrated and overrated songs on Carrie's new album.

For me, underrated would be Thank God For Hometowns. At first I found it boring but it grew on me so that it's now in my top 3 favorites off the album. I think it's an incredible songs with simple yet intriguing lyrics and the melody is very soothing and appealing. Although I don't love it I still find Nobody Ever Told You underrated. It's so catchy and the lyrics are very entertaining. Like others I can't really relate to it, being a guy, but I still enjoy it a lot more than others.

I never fully got into Good Girl but I think it's a nice song. I probably wouldn't have chosen it as a single now hearing the whole album but I'm not against it either. And although I do love Two Black Cadillacs I don't feel it's an epic masterpiece. It's somewhere outside of my top 5 but I still think there are some better songs; however, it has been growing on my lately so we'll see what I think later.

Manchs

Nobody Ever Told You is very underrated and I don't get it. It's just so cute, I love it :) I think Do You Think About Me is a bit underrated as well... I see many people don't like, but it's one of my fave tracks off BA (I believe my 2nd fave).

Overrated... Who Are You. Not kidding :rolleyes:

rainbow1

I just want a lot more exposure for Wine after Whiskey. I think it's one of the lovliest songs Carrie has ever sung...and sooo Country!!!!

epicamends

I don't think any songs are overrated. Honestly. :)

Underrated: Wine After Whiskey, Leave Love Alone, and Do You Think About Me! Those songs are all in my top 5 or 6. AMAZING. I'd argue that Nobody Ever Told You is a bit underrated too. Sure, the lyrics might be a bit cheesy, but it's such a fun, cute song, great vocals, great production.

Burst

Overrated: Blown Away, Good in Goodbye, See You AgainUnderrated: Leave Love Alone, Forever Changed, Who Are You

I feel like my favourites are completely opposite of yours LOL. My favourites include Blown Away and See You Again and my least favourites include Forever Changed and Leave Love Alone.

bearball49

I love the whole album and I know I am in the minority but I love one song that no one else does.....Who Are You. I know a lot of the objection seems to be because it is a faith based song but Carrie did not see it that way herself until Mark Bright pointed it out to her. Just love her voice and the meolody, Wine After Whiskey is a song that is everything those diehard country fans love and a great song. I am glad I am not choosing singles as I could not do it. I find that some of Carrie's choices are not my favorites but that is my old age and they all grow on me. I wish slower songs were better received on radio as her voice is so beautiful on the slower songs. I do respect her singing on the faster songs as they are actually more difficult to sing well. I remember about a zillion yers ago when I was singing in a local band, my voice was sweet and beautiful on the ballads and when I actually heard a recording of me singing a rock song I cried my eyes out as my voice really not adaptable to that kind of music and frankly sucked. I have never forgotten that and when i hear a woman do a hard hitting song I always remember how tough it can be to carry it off well.

allamericangirl8

I feel like my favourites are completely opposite of yours LOL. My favourites include Blown Away and See You Again and my least favourites include Forever Changed and Leave Love Alone.

I loved Blown Away and See You Again when I first heard them, but they haven't aged well so far, and it's only been a few weeks. They're SWISLY status for me now, which, in my opinion, is the most overrated Carrie song. I mean, for nearly three years, Carrie fans worshipped that song. (x

epicamends

^ The SWISLY worship is the main reason I'm so confused that WAW is not receiving more attention from fans. That song is brilliant, and surpasses SWISLY easily for me. <3

cole

Overrated: Good Girl and Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Underrated: Who Are You and Nobody Ever Told You

pklongbeach

over rated: Wine After Wiskey. Aside from a completely perfect vocal, I don't feel anything and I don't think the metaphore quite works.
Underrated: Who Are You. This would ahve been classic Shania in her day.
Also, Do You Think About Me. Again, had TS recorded it it would be a stand out.

Burst

I loved Blown Away and See You Again when I first heard them, but they haven't aged well so far, and it's only been a few weeks. They're SWISLY status for me now, which, in my opinion, is the most overrated Carrie song. I mean, for nearly three years, Carrie fans worshipped that song. (x

I didn't get the whole SWISLY worship thing. (I know I'm new, but I've been some creepy stalker lurker guy for years LOL) Just recently (maybe 2-3 months before Blown Away) I really started to develop a liking for the song. It's now up there with my other favourites Temporary Home and (for some reason everyone hates this one...) Undo It. I just really like her vocals. I do honestly think it's better than Wine After Whiskey.

Carrieflattsfan

Overrated: Good Girl, Leave Love Alone, Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Underrated: See You Again, Forever Changed, Good In Goodbye, Wine After Whiskey, Do You Think About Me, Thank God For Hometowns, Who Are You

Cowboy_Casanova

I personally think Good In Goodbye and Wine After Whiskey are both a little overrated, IMO. And I think Nobody Ever Told You is EXTREMELY underrated. Why so many people don't like it, I don't know. I can also personally see it as a single, too. I mean, it's a little bit like Martina McBride's This One's For The Girls, Christina Aguliara's You Are Beautiful, and LeAnn Rimes' Light In Your Eyes, and those were all singles... So why so much hate with Nobody Ever Told You? I just don't get it...