Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated and Overrated Songs On Blown Away?

bearball49

The biggest objection I keep hearing to Nobody Ever Told You is Carrie's beauty and her Oil of Olay contract. What crap. They look at it as hippocritical and I think that she has always been a champion of people not bullying and encouraging good self image. The song itself if Swift did it would be better received even though she wears as much stage makeup as Carrie. I do like the song although it is about halfway down in my list of favorites.

pkc4rls

The biggest objection I keep hearing to Nobody Ever Told You is Carrie's beauty and her Oil of Olay contract. What crap. They look at it as hippocritical and I think that she has always been a champion of people not bullying and encouraging good self image. The song itself if Swift did it would be better received even though she wears as much stage makeup as Carrie. I do like the song although it is about halfway down in my list of favorites.

Ughhh. Well, those have to be haters because they are missing the point of the song. She is not trying to say someone that wants to wear makeup should not wear it but is just trying to help young girls have a good self-image as you said. But haters will be haters.

Anyway, I don't think I can list an overrated song because I am not sure how we can have overrated songs yet when she has only had one single. I mean to me overrated is when they play a song non-stop and it is not that good but GG is not getting overplayed and is a good song.

pkc4rls

I love the whole album and I know I am in the minority but I love one song that no one else does.....Who Are You. I know a lot of the objection seems to be because it is a faith based song but Carrie did not see it that way herself until Mark Bright pointed it out to her. Just love her voice and the meolody, Wine After Whiskey is a song that is everything those diehard country fans love and a great song. I am glad I am not choosing singles as I could not do it. I find that some of Carrie's choices are not my favorites but that is my old age and they all grow on me. I wish slower songs were better received on radio as her voice is so beautiful on the slower songs. I do respect her singing on the faster songs as they are actually more difficult to sing well. I remember about a zillion yers ago when I was singing in a local band, my voice was sweet and beautiful on the ballads and when I actually heard a recording of me singing a rock song I cried my eyes out as my voice really not adaptable to that kind of music and frankly sucked. I have never forgotten that and when i hear a woman do a hard hitting song I always remember how tough it can be to carry it off well.

I actually like that song also so I wanted to tell you so since you feel like you are the only one, lol. And I was prepared to not like it when we heard the clip and frankly, in my mind at that time, I was not in the mood to hear that type of song on this album. However, I found myself not thinking that way about it after I heard it and I have actually found myself really liking it a lot. When in a certain mood, I have actually gone straight to it. And Tee can tell you how much I griped about that song before I even heard the whole thing and much to her surprise and mine, I really like it, lol

thunder92

hmmmm

Overrated: Cupids Got A Shotgun (Awesome Song, but I see more love for it than I care for lol)
Underrated: Good In Goodbye, Do You Think About Me

Zman312

Overrated: Blown Away (I do love the song but it's not as GREAT as people are making it out to be! There are at least 3 other songs that's better in my opinion)
Underrated: Thank God for Hometowns; Nobody Ever Told You

sgabe_15

Overrated: Blown Away, Two Black Cadillacs, Cupid's Got a Shotgun
Underrated: Do You Think About Me, Good in Goodbye, Wine After Whiskey

allamericangirl8

because NOTHING will ever ever top SWISLY! EVER!

Not even This Time? :tongue:

I don't understand how anyone can call Leave Love Alone overrated. Maybe you don't like it, but literally, Jess and I are the only two people overpraising it. I dislike Thank God For Hometowns, but a lot of people do, too, so I wouldn't call it overrated.(x Likewise, you won't catch anyone calling Blown Away or Two Black Cadillacs underrated. You catch my drift?

I think the OP should really, really define these words. Or maybe there is a definition and I didn't read it. (x I feel like only certain songs have the qualifications to fit certain categories, y'know? Something like:

Songs that can be underrated:
Do You Think About Me
Forever Changed
Nobody Ever Told You
Thank God For Hometowns
Good in Goodbye
Leave Love Alone
Cupid's Got a Shotgun
Wine After Whiskey (ish)
Who Are You

Songs that can be considered overrated:
Good Girl
Blown Away
Two Black Cadillacs
See You Again
One Way Ticket
Good in Goodbye (I think this is the only song that can overlap)

You get me? Because overrated songs are songs that have praise showered all over 'em by everyone and their mother and you don't get it. On the other hand, underrated songs are songs that don't get enough credit that you adore.

I don't actually think some of those are overrated or underrated, but I can see why they would be considered that, y'know? I think songs like NETY and TBC are just rated, but I can see why someone would call the former underrated and the latter overrated.

Louisa

Overrated: Good Girl, Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Underrated: Wine After Whiskey, Do You Think About Me, Thank God For Hometowns, Who Are You