Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated and Overrated Songs On Blown Away?

Overrated - Wine After Whiskey - while I like the song, I just don't get all the praise for it. Yes it's good, but imo it's not outstanding.
Underrated - Good In Goodbye, Leave Love Alone, Do You Think About Me

dsfox2009

...is it weird that all of the songs that I consider to be overrated are the ones that many are picking as being underrated? And vice versa, actually. Haha guess I'm an oddball when compared to you guys! :p

CarrieFan928

I never really liked SWISLY until one day I decided to listen to it after hearing several posters talking about how great it is and how it should've been a single. My opinion changed so drastically after that one listen and I became so obsessed. The same thing happened with Just a Dream where at first I thought it was okay but then I saw the power and emotion in that song.

Audra

I feel like there aren't any overrated songs on this album, this album is just amazing from start to finish. Critics will have their ultimate favorites and only list those and never really mention the others since they want to talk about the bigger songs from the album. But, everyone's opinions about underrated and overrated could be based on just what they personally love and not so love. so I can't really say which songs may be overrated and underrated since I can't really say lol but that's just me

broker03

DYTAM and SYA should be considered as the third single and given the position on the album and the positive tune of these tracks i am sure one will definitely be a single. Carrie needs a positive song as her third single and these fit the bill. In DYTAM, the month September is used and fall time period will be her third single.

broker03

OWT is absolutely horrendous and a complete trainwreck. Carrie needs to get off of the Kenny style of music and QUICK. OWT would sound way better along the lines of Get Out Of This Town.

pklongbeach

OWT is absolutely horrendous and a complete trainwreck. Carrie needs to get off of the Kenny style of music and QUICK. OWT would sound way better along the lines of Get Out Of This Town.
I think I know what your sayin. but truth is, if Kenny had sung it it would be a great song "on his level".
Trouble is, Carrie has a hard time selling a simple song like that cause it's so hard to hear her sing a simple song with a simple messege.
But I will be honest, the song itself has some cloying images and metaphores.
I never ever what to hear Carrie Underwood sing "..just stick it" or "...just lick it"!
Yikes.
But I know she has fun singing it so I am ok with her having a fluff peice on the album.
I just really hate those two lines.

AnthonyLovesCarrie

Overrated: Blown Away, Wine After Whiskey (loved this at first and still do, but I don't think it's as phenomenal as we all make it out to be)
Underrated: Who Are You, Good in Goodbye