Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 28

teesharky

From Hits Daily Double:

Well, whatever you believe, here are some facts about the week's key debuts.

Capitol's Now 44 looks set to move 95-105k, while Aerosmith's new one on Columbia should do 70-80k. Ne-Yo (Motown) appears set to ramp up 50-55k for his brand of R&B/pop, Third Day (Provident) will probably see 25-30k, and Razor & Tie's All That Remains should scare up 20-25k.
Tell you more, tell you more? Well, Glease (Columbia), the newest dispatch from the cast of Glee,will likely sell 15-20k. Are we the only ones who think of Buddy Hackett's waiter routine whenever we see that title? We are? OK, then.

I was kind of hoping Aerosmith would do more then 100k, so I hope those numbers are low. 80k is a bit disappointing for such a big band.

opry051008

That's awesome numbers Tee.

Their last album, in 2004, opened to 161,000 and went on to sell 632,000. So 70-80K now is pretty good. :)

thunder92

From Hits Daily Double:

Well, whatever you believe, here are some facts about the week's key debuts.

Capitol's Now 44 looks set to move 95-105k, while Aerosmith's new one on Columbia should do 70-80k. Ne-Yo (Motown) appears set to ramp up 50-55k for his brand of R&B/pop, Third Day (Provident) will probably see 25-30k, and Razor & Tie's All That Remains should scare up 20-25k.
Tell you more, tell you more? Well, Glease (Columbia), the newest dispatch from the cast of Glee,will likely sell 15-20k. Are we the only ones who think of Buddy Hackett's waiter routine whenever we see that title? We are? OK, then.

I was kind of hoping Aerosmith would do more then 100k, so I hope those numbers are low. 80k is a bit disappointing for such a big band.

This just proves the point more that sales ultimately aren't that big of a deal. They are still one of the greatest bands ever and still have a large fan base.

Its because they have put out the best music.

teesharky

yes and the new Aerosmith album is really great. Yet they are getting mixed/average reviews. So it actually made me feel better about Carrie's snotty reviews at times- because I know the Aerosmith album is good. So it shows how biased and full of crap critics can be.

NY Times and EW liked it, as well as Boston Globe. But there are alot of snarky obscure Indie rock critics that hate on every rock band lately, so they are dragging down their metacritic score.

clh_hilary

It isn't that sales don't matter, it does matter. That Aerosmith is still high regarded is because they have sold a lot of records in the past. It's like how Alanis Morissette won't be looked down upon artistically/musically because she barely peaked at Top 5 on the Billboard 200 earlier this year, or Madonna being considered as an ultimate flop of some sort because she 'only' managed to get a Gold single and a Gold album in 2012, after 400 million of records sold.

And yes, 70-80k copies is REALLY good for Aerosmith considering everything. Stephen Tyler is not even on the American Idol panel now! I mean, look at the sales of Jennifer Lopez even with a hit!

pklongbeach

I'm not sure how you can paint this as particularly "good".
When Tony Bennett is doing better than you, you better ask yourself if it's time to hang up your Hooka pipe.
I mean, it's cool that they are still doing their thing. And making new music for a musician is always important.
But these numbers have to be disappointing to them.
I mean if they had managed to get it out during Idol I would image the number would be at least double if not triple.
But 70?
Thats not great for one of the biggest Rock bands ever.

clh_hilary

I'm not sure how you can paint this as particularly "good".
When Tony Bennett is doing better than you, you better ask yourself if it's time to hang up your Hooka pipe.
I mean, it's cool that they are still doing their thing. And making new music for a musician is always important.
But these numbers have to be disappointing to them.
I mean if they had managed to get it out during Idol I would image the number would be at least double if not triple.
But 70?
Thats not great for one of the biggest Rock bands ever.

They are doing better than the Rolling Stones, no? Even Green Day with more promotions isn't doing much better.

Daraebe

Look what is in a Black Friday Ad for Walmart

2cmm6tz.jpg

Black Friday Ads - Music CDs (Select) at Walmart

nccountrygal

Am I reading that ad right and BA will be $5.00 for black Friday? That's a great price. Also, I wish Sony would release a Deluxe version of BA with a few new songs for black Friday. They could release it exclusively to Target.

opry051008

Am I reading that ad right and BA will be $5.00 for black Friday? That's a great price. Also, I wish Sony would release a Deluxe version of BA with a few new songs for black Friday. They could release it exclusively to Target.

I don't know why Carrie doesn't release a Deluxe version. Practically every other artist releases a Deluxe version.

nccountrygal

I don't know why Carrie doesn't release a Deluxe version. Practically every other artist releases a Deluxe version.

Did we get a deluxe version of PO? I thought we did but I can't remember if we did or not. Since we did not get one with BA I am wishing we would get one for the Christmas shopping season. I think it would sell very well.

Pi314CA

I'd be a little upset if I just put out full price to buy those albums that just came out. But I guess if you live in the US, you should know better to wait for Black Friday.

Yeah, the smart shopper does not shop during the week(s) prior to Black Friday. The lines can be so longggggggg. Last year, the lines at BestBuy started early on Thanksgiving Day with many being hundreds deep by 3am Friday even though the store does not open for another two hours. Typically, you get one shot at selecting the store you want to line up at as there is no time to get in line at another store afterwards.

Is there a similar day to Black Friday in Canada?

epicamends

It isn't that sales don't matter, it does matter. That Aerosmith is still high regarded is because they have sold a lot of records in the past. It's like how Alanis Morissette won't be looked down upon artistically/musically because she barely peaked at Top 5 on the Billboard 200 earlier this year, or Madonna being considered as an ultimate flop of some sort because she 'only' managed to get a Gold single and a Gold album in 2012, after 400 million of records sold.

And yes, 70-80k copies is REALLY good for Aerosmith considering everything. Stephen Tyler is not even on the American Idol panel now! I mean, look at the sales of Jennifer Lopez even with a hit!

IMO sales are only a small factor in why bands are highly regarded. IMO it shouldn't be a huge factor. In my perfect world, the music is solely what should determine a band's greatness.

epicamends

Yeah, the smart shopper does not shop during the week(s) prior to Black Friday. The lines can be so longggggggg. Last year, the lines at BestBuy started early on Thanksgiving Day with many being hundreds deep by 3am Friday even though the store does not open for another two hours. Typically, you get one shot at selecting the store you want to line up at as there is no time to get in line at another store afterwards.

Our 'Black Friday' is called Boxing Day, and it happens the day after Christmas (Dec. 26).

opry051008

^^Just my own opinion but I don't really consider Boxing day the same as Black Friday because the deals here don't even come close to the US deals. lol

Last year they started to do something similar on the Black Friday weekend in order to keep people from cross border shopping. But the deals aren't even close to what you guys get. Maybe the deals will be better this year for us. :)