Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 34

TOPDOG1001

YOUR TOP 15: It's beginning to look a lot like (a Taylor Swift) Christmas. The Big Machine superstar will remain at #1 next week as we approach the final weekend before Christmas. Tomorrow marks the release of the Les Misérables soundtrack, just ahead of the film's Christmas Day release; the Hugh Jackman-Anne Hathaway OST may provide a challenge to Swift the following week, on the final chart of 2012. It may all come down to the onslaught of iTunes gift card redemptions, which could reach record levels this year. Meanwhile, Capitol's Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas rockets up the chart and into Top 15 contender status, thanks to 99 cent pricing from Amazon MP3. Here's the picture as we head into the weekend, assuming the Mayan apocalypse doesn't prevent us from having one:
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 270-295k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 150-175k
Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 150-175k
* T.I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 150-175k
Michael Bublé (Reprise) 140-160k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 120-135k
* 12/12/12: The Concert For Sandy Relief (Columbia) 95-110k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 90-100k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 80-90k
Alicia Keys (RCA) 80-90k
Now 44 (Capitol) 70-80k
P!nk (RCA) 70-80k
Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas (Capitol) 70-80k
Adele (XL/Columbia) 70-80k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 65-75k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 65-75k
Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Nashville) 65-75k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 65-75k
* Debuts

HITS Daily Double: Rumor Mill

allamericangirl8

Great sales for 12/12/12 seeing as I don't think the physical copy has been released yet and this is entirely from iTunes (correct me if I'm wrong).

opry051008

The real holy crap is Adele, the woman has already sold 10 million copies and next week she will sell another 70-80k!

teesharky

Lots of little girls are getting that dang Red cd in their stockings from Santa this year. So annoying,

pklongbeach

So surprised for Phillip. Good for him.
IT's going to be interesting to see where he goes from here. Clearly he is having a solid showing for a debut. But Scotty did to and Sony has not done a whole lot placing Scotty where he needs to be to stay in the publics eye.
His xmas cd has done well but for a kid who just went platnium with his first release you would think they would work harder to promote him.
IT will be intersting to see.
Carrie is doing great for an album that is like 8 months old. So I am fine with that. (It's the tour that I am really happy about).

nccountrygal

So surprised for Phillip. Good for him.
IT's going to be interesting to see where he goes from here. Clearly he is having a solid showing for a debut. But Scotty did to and Sony has not done a whole lot placing Scotty where he needs to be to stay in the publics eye.
His xmas cd has done well but for a kid who just went platnium with his first release you would think they would work harder to promote him.
IT will be intersting to see.
Carrie is doing great for an album that is like 8 months old. So I am fine with that. (It's the tour that I am really happy about).

Scotty is not on Sony's label. He and Lauren Alaina are on the Mercury label.

nccountrygal

Oh sorry about that. I just assumed that all the artists that come off Idol are sony product.

Idol changed labels I think the season Scotty won but I am not 100% about that though. I think it is the Interscope label now that signs the winners of Idol and they subcontracted Scotty and Lauren to Mercury Nashville.

TOPDOG1001

WHAT'S SELLING FOR CHRISTMAS: In lieu of a full chart, here is this week's projected Top 20. Please expect a greater than usual margin of error. The big winners? Not unexpectedly, Taylor Swift and One Direction top this week's tally, with T.I. the leading debut.
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 285-290k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 180-185k
Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 165-170k
*T. I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 165-170k
Michael Buble (Reprise) 135-140k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 110-115k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 95-100k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 95-100k
*12/12/12: The Concert for Sandy Relief (Columbia) 80-85k
Alicia Keys (RCA) 75-80k
Now 44 (Capitol) 75-80k
P!nk (RCA) 75-80k
Adele (Columbia) 70-75k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 70-75k
Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas (Capitol) 70-75k
Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 70-75k
Led Zeppelin (Atlantic) 65-70k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 65-70k
Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Nashville) 65-70k
*Debuts
Other debuts:
Blink-182 (Blink-182) 50-55k
Chief Keef (Interscope) 50-55k
Les Miserables soundtrack (Republic) 40-45k (12/25a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

teesharky

Bummer. I am pissed that Carrie is not on that list. But not surprised--- as none of the stores have BA in stock right now. Best Buy had every Carrie cd but no BA. :(

Manchs

How is Pink selling so much more then Carrie this week? Is her album on sale? odd.

Pink's album is much newer and Try is becoming a mainstream hit, that's why. Blown Away is much older, TBC is just climbing the charts, no performances, nothing. Not odd at all in my opinion. :) And yes, Pink's album is on sale on iTunes, just like BA, but TTAL is actually way higher, like, top 15. And I don't think the stock is the only thing to blame. It's not like having a million copies on shelves would make everyone buy the album. The album is almost 8 months old.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)